Thread: Ryan Cyr to start Governor's Cup

vCash

Ryan Cyr to start Governor's Cup

We'll see how this goes.

vCash
    Surprising, but he's pitched well.

12.0 ip 0.00 era 8 h 3 bb 10 k 0.92 whip

vCash
    Not sure how to feel about that, but we'll see how it goes. Maybe he shuts em down.

vCash

I hope they put him on a short hook if he's not pitching well. That's a game that

could help our RPI, so we need to play well.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Surprising, but he's pitched well.

12.0 ip 0.00 era 8 h 3 bb 10 k 0.92 whip
    Right. If not him, who else?

vCash
    I like it. He deserves an opportunity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Right. If not him, who else?
    Figured we'd either see Houston or Daniel brown. I couldn't care less though... Just wanna win. Hopefully cyr will take this opportunity and run with it

vCash
    What age is Cyr? I should know this, but don't. Juco guy or a youngster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We'll see how this goes.
    Who is Ryan Cyr? One of the freshmens I take it?

Banned
    vCash
    Best freshman pitcher we have imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We'll see how this goes.
    Cyr has been solid and has that here it is come get it attitude that it takes. Hoping he has a great outing!

vCash
    Why would he not pitch? I think he's got a chance to solidify Sunday's spot if he runs out there and shuts OM down. I know he doesn't have many innings under his belt, but we've got to trot him out there and see what he can do. And honestly, who else do you trust? I sure as heck don't trust Brown, Tatum, or Houston as they've repeatedly shown they can't get quality starts.

Go Cyr and if he shuts OM down, let him start Sunday and move Pilkington back to Tuesday.

vCash
    Wish it were Breaux, but I'm ok with this. I'm just wondering why the hell we won't use Cyr on the weekends. He's earned a chance more than Tatum or Houston have.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Why would he not pitch? I think he's got a chance to solidify Sunday's spot if he runs out there and shuts OM down. I know he doesn't have many innings under his belt, but we've got to trot him out there and see what he can do. And honestly, who else do you trust? I sure as heck don't trust Brown, Tatum, or Houston as they've repeatedly shown they can't get quality starts.

Go Cyr and if he shuts OM down, let him start Sunday and move Pilkington back to Tuesday.
    Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him. We really need someone like Breaux to step up so we can have the ol' Fitts Special on Sunday: "Starter" goes through the order once but gets yanked shortly thereafter for a long reliever then hand it off to the closer late if need be. I was hoping Houston could fill that role, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. It should be a crime to have Houston's arm and not be able to be a meaningful contributor.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him. We really need someone like Breaux to step up so we can have the ol' Fitts Special on Sunday: "Starter" goes through the order once but gets yanked shortly thereafter for a long reliever then hand it off to the closer late if need be. I was hoping Houston could fill that role, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. It should be a crime to have Houston's arm and not be able to be a meaningful contributor.
    Unfortunately, nothing really happened in yesterday's game that says Pilkington wasn't prepared to go through their order again. Completely let down by the defense. I honestly wouldn't have been against them letting him try to get out of it on his own.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Pilkington hasn't really done poorly on Sunday. The problem is he's not ready to go through the batting order more than once and we don't have anyone reliable enough to tandem pitch with him.
    Agreed but I think you need to give him more credit. Without the ridiculous blunders of the 4th inning or whatever, he probably goes 6 innings and we likely beat LSU.

So yeah, I don't think we should even think about pulling Pilkington out of that role at this point.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    And honestly, who else do you trust?
    Why would you not trust Pilkington? It isn't our fault our infield can't field routine pop-ups or ground balls. Not to mention the lack of range at SS, due to Alexander being hurt.

Sure you might blame him for kinda letting it fall apart on him, but come on the guy is a freshman. He's only getting better. He beat the #1 team in the country at their place - he should be the Sunday starter until HE proves he isn't.

vCash
    We are going to light Ole Miss pitcher up. He will be able or who ever is pitching will be able to pitch with the lead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Best freshman pitcher we have imo.
    I don't recall seeing him in a game this year. Has it been a while?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Agreed but I think you need to give him more credit. Without the ridiculous blunders of the 4th inning or whatever, he probably goes 6 innings and we likely beat LSU.

So yeah, I don't think we should even think about pulling Pilkington out of that role at this point.
    Truth. Hurry back Belmont.