Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Regular season is here. Think the over/under is 65 wins for the season... I'm taking the over and guessing around 70.

vCash
    Just to be argumentative I'll take the under and 60. I think they lose 100+ and Fredi is kindly asked to relocate.

Banned
    vCash
    Braves are not 60 wins terrible. I'll say they win 72. They'll find some magic from somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Braves are not 60 wins terrible. I'll say they win 72. They'll find some magic from somewhere.
    I agree. Now if we trade inciarte, FF, and/or Teheran... All bets are off

vCash
    Ill go slightly over, with 67 wins.

vCash
    I'll go with 69 wins..... fun number
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    I'll go under. 62 wins.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Your opening day starters...

Inciarte -- cf
    Aybar -- SS
    FF -- 1b
    Garcia -- 3b
    Markakis -- rf
    Olivera -- LF
    Aj -- c
    Peterson -- 2b
    Teheran -- p

vCash
    Literally nobody in that lineup is intimidating to another club except Freeman and Inciarte. Gonna be a long season. Let's just lockup the number 1 pick this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Literally nobody in that lineup is intimidating to another club except Freeman and Inciarte. Gonna be a long season. Let's just lockup the number 1 pick this year.
    Markakis and Olivera are gonna have good years

vCash
    Our lineup has a chance to actually be halfway decent...but our pitching may be unbelievably terrible. I'm going right at 65 wins with a chance to find a couple decent young pitchers to bump it up to slightly over 70.

Banned
    vCash
    Braves had the lowest ERA in MLB for a couple months using Harang and some other bums. They are tough to beat in Atlanta when they get pitching like that. I think they can duplicate it some for some of the season putting them above 70 wins. Front office might recognize this though and really make sure they get the #1 pick by trading anyone worth a shit.

vCash
    What's interesting is the home/away splits from last year. If the braves could maintain what they did at home and just get up to respectable on the road then they could get over 70.

Not saying they will just found that stat from last year interesting.

vCash
    Braves had the lowest ERA in MLB for a couple months using Harang and some other bums. They are tough to beat in Atlanta when they get pitching like that. I think they can duplicate it some for some of the season putting them above 70 wins. Front office might recognize this though and really make sure they get the #1 pick by trading anyone worth a shit.
    I don't think the FO has or will make any moves for the sole purpose of tanking. There's just not that much of an advantage, if any, in doing it in baseball. I do think they may make some more moves if they feel like they're getting significant future value in return, and that may have the result of also making us worse this year, but there won't be any made just to get a better draft pick.

With regard to our pitching last year, I would be shocked if we got that same thing this year. There's a chance Teheran turns the corner, Norris pitches like he has in the past, Wisler takes a big step forward, and one of the young guys comes up and pitches well...but there's also a chance Teheran is just decent, Norris isn't good, Wisler struggles some, and the young guys aren't ready yet. And if 1-2 pitchers go down for any length of time, we're screwed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Your opening day starters...

Inciarte -- cf
    Aybar -- SS
    FF -- 1b
    Garcia -- 3b
    Markakis -- rf
    Olivera -- LF
    Aj -- c
    Peterson -- 2b
    Teheran -- p
    I hate Markakis in the 5 hole. The guy has literally no power whatsoever. He's a much better fit for the 2, 7, or 8 holes. And what's the point in giving away so much for Olivera, then moving him to LF, if you aren't going to put him in the heart of the lineup? The Braves have no damn clue what they're doing. They blew up the damn house, now they're collecting the debris and using it for a bonfire. Put Olivera at 4 and move Adonis & Markakis down.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Harper takes Teheran deep (no surprise). FF answers with one of his own vs scherzer.

1-1 t3

vCash
    Daniel Murphy homers, then Garcia answers with a homer.

2-2 b4

Banned
    vCash
    Giants' Span, Panik, Posey go back to back to back HRs vs Brewers. Win 12-3.

vCash
    Giants' Span, Panik, Posey go back to back to back HRs vs Brewers. Win 12-3.
    Yeah, against the Brewers... Let's see em do it vs my braves**

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, against the Brewers... Let's see em do it vs my braves**
    Brewers have no pitching. You thought the Braves have bad pitching it's ****ing atrocious in Milwaukee.