Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kameron Wood leaves OM

vCash

Kameron Wood leaves OM

According to a post on 247:

Anyone remember him? Everyone thought he would commit to us but committed to OM. Well guess what? He's left the team today. Funny how that worked out.
    This is the guy that announced in Birmingham after telling all of our people that he was committing to us, right? Essentially did a hat fake? Karma is a bitch.

vCash
    damn- how many guys do they have left from that famous 2011 class?
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Well, if I remember correctly he fooled Rosebowl more than anyone else. I think Paul said he was going to Ole Miss at the time or it was at best 50/50.

Banned
    vCash
    This should be something someone on here keeps up with. Like AzzuriDawg does on SPS. Spreadsheet the MSU signees and the UOM signees and lets see whose left for each class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    This should be something someone on here keeps up with. Like AzzuriDawg does on SPS. Spreadsheet the MSU signees and the UOM signees and lets see whose left for each class.
    now THAT is an Elitedawg idea

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    On it...

If I can dig through my post history, I had one showing all their attrition during the "Mullen era" when, according to them, they've won 4 of 5 recruiting battles(and if pushed a little will claim the 5th because ESPN ranked them above us despite them being in the 60s on reputable sites)

vCash
    RebelWire ?@RebelWire 1h
    http://*******/OMWire Jacksonville State adds another SEC transfer in former John Carroll standout Kameron Wood http://*******/15BZ4RA
    Appears true...

Banned
    vCash
    Awesome! Thanks Engie.

vCash
    Wonder why he settled for Jacksonville St? He could've gone to a C-USA or a Sun Belt school...

Banned
    vCash
    Eligible immediately I'd assume.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Wonder why he settled for Jacksonville St? He could've gone to a C-USA or a Sun Belt school...
    So he can kick their ass on the field.

vCash
    Austin Douglas quit on them today too...

Lot of guys further down the depth chart starting to leave...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Won't have to sit out. Can play this fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    On it...

If I can dig through my post history, I had one showing all their attrition during the "Mullen era" when, according to them, they've won 4 of 5 recruiting battles(and if pushed a little will claim the 5th because ESPN ranked them above us despite them being in the 60s on reputable sites)
    Taking it a little further, I was actually thinking last night we should try to go back and do our own reranking/scoring based on the actual production of some of these guys. They counted Brassell in 3 different classes (Powe & Liggins too I believe) and he never really contributed other than a tiny bit his Fr year. If you go back and give him 3 stars that one year he played, and 1 star the two years he was counted and never saw the field, it would make a huge difference. Same with Pat Pat. They got 5 stars for him, he gave them 1 star worth of production. Conversely, we had Banks, McKinney, Day, etc. who were 2 stars and we got 4 or 5 stars worth of production out of these guys. Admittedly, we would have to adjust some of theirs up (Denzel) and some of ours down (M. Conner, M. Carr) but I think the overall result would be that we are actually outrecruiting them based on production instead of some fictional star system. This MAY (I don't have high hopes) back some of our more ludicrous star gazers off the ledge. At the least, it would show that Mullen has a solid recruiting strategy.

vCash

How long before Freezus tells the media they have no depth and are only playing with 50 players?

vCash

OM spin will probably tell us they are leaving because with all of the elite talent being brought in they see no hope for playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    OM spin will probably tell us they are leaving because with all of the elite talent being brought in they see no hope for playing time.
    Abolutely, first thing that came to my mind when I read this...

"There is no way these guys will ever see the field with the talent Freeze is bringing in, so they decided it was best to go on to greener pastures where they can get some playing time"....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Taking it a little further, I was actually thinking last night we should try to go back and do our own reranking/scoring based on the actual production of some of these guys. They counted Brassell in 3 different classes (Powe & Liggins too I believe) and he never really contributed other than a tiny bit his Fr year. If you go back and give him 3 stars that one year he played, and 1 star the two years he was counted and never saw the field, it would make a huge difference. Same with Pat Pat. They got 5 stars for him, he gave them 1 star worth of production. Conversely, we had Banks, McKinney, Day, etc. who were 2 stars and we got 4 or 5 stars worth of production out of these guys. Admittedly, we would have to adjust some of theirs up (Denzel) and some of ours down (M. Conner, M. Carr) but I think the overall result would be that we are actually outrecruiting them based on production instead of some fictional star system. This MAY (I don't have high hopes) back some of our more ludicrous star gazers off the ledge. At the least, it would show that Mullen has a solid recruiting strategy.
    We've beaten them 3 out of the last 4 years. This tells me all I need to know about recruiting and the number of stars someone has next to their name.

vCash
    I guess what goes around comes around. That guy was so delighted when he thought he had screwed us over ....