Thread: So I see where Big Softee

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash

So I see where Big Softee

Didn't participate in the bench press at the combine. That's impressive. Top rated OL and you bypass one of the main drills at the combine. Pitiful.

vCash
    Now he backs out of the 40. Why did he even go?

vCash
    He's top 5 anyway... Why do something that could only potentially hurt him? I don't like him, but completely understand

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    He's top 5 anyway... Why do something that could only potentially hurt him? I don't like him, but completely understand
    He's top 1 most likely. I guess he went just to interview and talk to coaches.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I don't blame him. He's the odds on favorite to be the 1st pick in the draft he has no incentive to work out. Go get measured & interview & hop on the 1st plane out of there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I don't blame him. He's the odds on favorite to be the 1st pick in the draft he has no incentive to work out. Go get measured & interview & hop on the 1st plane out of there.
    Yep. I was interested in the bench number on him though after listening to RG podcast yesterday. They said he'll do enough but won't wow you. It's stupid but I love watching SEC guys numbers on bench to see how many I do more than. I rarely do more than any of our guys but routinely more than plenty of NFL SEc guys. Makes me feel good about myself lol. Just don't make me run a 40.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    Yep. I was interested in the bench number on him though after listening to RG podcast yesterday. They said he'll do enough but won't wow you. It's stupid but I love watching SEC guys numbers on bench to see how many I do more than. I rarely do more than any of our guys but routinely more than plenty of NFL SEc guys. Makes me feel good about myself lol. Just don't make me run a 40.
    With your bench and smoot's hand size, we might put in an impressive combine**

vCash
    Yeah, it makes sense. But if I'm rated the best at something, my competitive side would want to justify and prove it.

They say he's now going to do the rest of the drills other than those two.

vCash
    heard a guy on OOb this morning blasting the titans for potentially trading out of the 1st pick and skipping on Tunsil. I personally see their logic. He has all the tools to be a probowler....he is def a rookie starter. I could see the guy getting the big payday and never living up to the hype too though.
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    He was getting criticized a little this AM for saying in interviews yesterday that he's a competitor and not afraid of competition, yet he's not "competing" in some drills.

vCash

Last edited by MedDawg; 07-07-2016 at 02:32 PM.

vCash
    He hasn't competed in anything yet. Looks like he just went for interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    With your bench and smoot's hand size, we might put in an impressive combine**
    And if I could run as fast as OM fans do to this board I could probably play Canadian football. Arena ball at least.

vCash
    Watching some of these OL's do drills reminds me of a baby learning to walk

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
    heard a guy on OOb this morning blasting the titans for potentially trading out of the 1st pick and skipping on Tunsil. I personally see their logic. He has all the tools to be a probowler....he is def a rookie starter. I could see the guy getting the big payday and never living up to the hype too though.
    You do recall him sitting out preseason practices because he was "too hot". Shit, he even took himself out of actual games. He will never pan out in the NFL. Kid has been babied his entire life and choosing OM over UGA only furthered this treatment. He was put on a pedestal at OM, whereas he would've at least had similar linemen to keep him level headed at UGA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    You do recall him sitting out preseason practices because he was "too hot". Shit, he even took himself out of actual games. He will never pan out in the NFL. Kid has been babied his entire life and choosing OM over UGA only furthered this treatment. He was put on a pedestal at OM, whereas he would've at least had similar linemen to keep him level headed at UGA.
    This is the big leagues. I think he's an extremely safe pick to be a really good NFL OL. Only think that could derail that is injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    i do. thats why i ended my post by saying he may never live up to the hype :huh
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    This is the big leagues. I think he's an extremely safe pick to be a really good NFL OL. Only think that could derail that is injuries.
    I think he probably has the lowest floor unless he pulls a JaMarcus Russell. The guy is good enough to at least be a starting RT as a rookie. He has probowl potential but to reach that takes a lot more than talent.

vCash
    You're right. It is the big leagues. He will go through the most strenuous workouts in his life. He will face the toughest competition in his life. He has pussed out under much easier conditions.... He will puss out again and be a wasted draft pick.