Thread: Baseball game re-scheduled

vCash

Baseball game re-scheduled

April 13th.

vCash
    Probably a good thing. I'm not even sure who we were going to start on the mound and we were very vulnerable to another loss. By Apr 13 a lot of younger pitchers should be settled in more and we won't be coming off a 4 game weekend.

vCash
    Absolutely. I think we would have lost where we had this game scheduled. I probably would have started Kale Breaux.

But where we re-scheduled it is a LOT better for us. Memphis has to play Austin Peay the day before and then they have to play East Carolina that weekend meaning they have to use some pitchers and can't hold back their ace. Our pitching situation should be settled by then as well.

We need to win all of our games this weekend and beat Alcorn next week and try to get better before we go to Los Angeles. We just need to relax and play.

vCash
    Why would we even schedule this game this week? Dumb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Why would we even schedule this game this week? Dumb
    I'm not sure who did our schedule but it's definitely jacked up. It's like a total 180* from last year. I'd like to see us ease into the season rather than play someone good the first weekend to start and then build up to week four where we play either a major opponent like Oregon OR a major tournament in week four. That's not to say that we should play a lot of cupcakes either. But maybe start with a couple of teams like SEMO State and then play some good solid mid majors for a couple of weeks and then play Oregon or someone like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm not sure who did our schedule but it's definitely jacked up. It's like a total 180* from last year. I'd like to see us ease into the season rather than play someone good the first weekend to start and then build up to week four where we play either a major opponent like Oregon OR a major tournament in week four. That's not to say that we should play a lot of cupcakes either. But maybe start with a couple of teams like SEMO State and then play some good solid mid majors for a couple of weeks and then play Oregon or someone like that.
    Hopefully FAU helped expose some areas we need to fix. The down side of playing all cupcakes to start with is you get lulled into thinking you are significantly better than you are. Case in point was the 13-0 start last year only to see us fall apart the rest of the season.