Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring roster set

vCash

Spring roster set

Reynolds didnt make it.

One of our best hitters from last year couldnt even make the squad. Typical Cohen to have the unusual like that happen.

2016 here we come
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Wow, that is shocking. Cut a guy that hit .304 last year on a team that's biggest weakness is likely going to be offense? I don't get it.

vCash
    Maybe he didn't have it this year. Last year's results don't mean anything for this year. This COULD mean that this year's squad is hitting the ball extremely well. We will find out this weekend.
    Happy Festivus

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Very very odd. So who backs up Collins at 3rd? I guess Stovall.

vCash
    Where did you see the roster?

vCash
    Where do you see this?

Wow. I didn't see the that coming. he actually hit better than Humphreys, Brown, and Collins this spring. I guess he couldn't find a defensive home

vCash
    What about Waddell? I've wondered about him. It seemed he was around last year because he could pitch and be a late defensive replacement, but he only got to pitch this spring. When he did, he got roughed up.

vCash
    Waddell gone also...no more GasCan I hear as well

vCash
    GasCan?

vCash
    So, what kind on conversation does Cohen have with bubble players before Christmas break? Does he tell certain guys that they aren't safe, but can still come back and give it one last go in spring practice? it seems like a healthy Reynolds would have options to play elsewhere this season, but it may be a little late now.

vCash
    Gentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Gentry
    I guess that's not a big shock.

This should say a lot about where we are heading as a program if we are cutting returning lettermen.

vCash
    Where do you see this list? The roster listed on hailstate.com still has all of them listed. Where is the most updated list you're seeing?

vCash
    Yep, no surprise on Waddell and Gentry but Reynolds is really perplexing. Gavin better be set to play mostly 3rd and little to no catching. Reynolds, Waddell and Gentry all still show up on the Hail State 2016 baseball roster so I don't know what info where gives the final spring roster. There are 40 players on the Hail State roster. How many can you carry for the season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yep, no surprise on Waddell and Gentry but Reynolds is really perplexing. Gavin better be set to play mostly 3rd and little to no catching. Reynolds, Waddell and Gentry all still show up on the Hail State 2016 baseball roster so I don't know what info where gives the final spring roster. There are 40 players on the Hail State roster. How many can you carry for the season?
    35, and you have until the first game to get to that. It sucks to have to operate that way, but it is what it is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    35, and you have until the first game to get to that. It sucks to have to operate that way, but it is what it is.
    Yea it does, because you know those guys want to be playing somewhere even if not at MSU. They would have seemingly been better off getting cut in the Fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Yea it does, because you know those guys want to be playing somewhere even if not at MSU. They would have seemingly been better off getting cut in the Fall.
    Reynolds can RS and transfer

vCash
    Head scratcher. I thought Reynolds was gonna contribute this spring. Cohen has got to find an Adam Frazier who can light a fire under this team at the plate

vCash
    We cut the best hitter on last years team? Da 17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    We cut the best hitter on last years team? Da 17
    Yep, "but at least it makes sense."