Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Soooo....the burner phones are becoming a big issue

vCash

Soooo....the burner phones are becoming a big issue

Bama guys saying not only did Saban turn in OM again- this time on Carter- buttttttt the NCAA has his burner phone too

Couple that with the NCAA at Allen HS in Texas last week- and guess what the A&M people are saying they were asking about? Phone use and number of phones
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Why in the world would you give the phone to the kid? Way too much liability with it in someone else's possession.

vCash
    wouldnt be surprised if something new comes out today that is bad for the boys up north
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Why in the world would you give the phone to the kid? Way too much liability with it in someone else's possession.
    Because they dont abide by the allowable contact rules. . You dont want recruits going to other schools with all those contacts times and network member phone numbers on their personal phone records.

vCash
    I was always skeptical on how you could tie a burner phone to om coaches, but 2 different phones from different players saying the same thing is pretty strong evidence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Because they dont abide by the allowable contact rules. . You dont want recruits going to other schools with all those contacts times and network member phone numbers on their personal phone records.
    And you can add that they are a bunch of arrogant prim donnas that thought they could do what ever the wanted and get a way with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was always skeptical on how you could tie a burner phone to om coaches, but 2 different phones from different players saying the same thing is pretty strong evidence
    This

Remember, there are two ways to know it snowed last night in court: 1. you actually stayed up and saw it snow. 2. It wasn't snowing when you went to bed but when you woke up there was snow on the ground.

The first is proof and the second is highly likely. The NCAA doesn't need "beyond a shadow of doubt" proof. They just need to truly believe somethings happened

vCash
    But B-Dork said it's over.**

Serious question: Are these phones on CSpire? Doesn't Jim Barksdale own CSpire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would be that stupid. A burner phone is pretty damning evidence of intentionally flouting the NCAA rules and basically establishing that they premeditated about how they would like to the NCAA. Knowing that lying to the NCAA is one of the few things they are still somewhat serious about, why would you do that.

I have to believe they aren't that stupid until I see it in a NCAA report.

vCash
    It they are burner phones, they are probably the off brand prepaid ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would be that stupid. A burner phone is pretty damning evidence of intentionally flouting the NCAA rules and basically establishing that they premeditated about how they would like to the NCAA. Knowing that lying to the NCAA is one of the few things they are still somewhat serious about, why would you do that.

I agree with this.

Also, had they ever watched Breaking Bad, they'd know to break their burner into a bunch of pieces after using it**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post

Its not stupid- its actually smart. When the NCAA was interviewing Kimchee, Paidwell, Tonsil, and crew back in 2013- all they had to say was let us have a copy of your cell phone records for the last 6 months- and if they didnt provide them they could risk their eligibility. With a burner- there is nothing damning on their personal phone records.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncivilengineer View Post
    It they are burner phones, they are probably the off brand prepaid ones.
    Well yeah since that's the very definition of a burner loll
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    But B-Dork said it's over.**

Serious question: Are these phones on CSpire? Doesn't Jim Barksdale own CSpire?
    Jim Barksdale doesn't own C Spire, but I beleive the owners are Ole Miss fans.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Couple of questions.

Do burner phones have voice mail?
    Do burner phones log the phone number dialed or call received?

If no voice mail, no evidence of an actual voice of the person calling.
    If no log record, no record of number dialed or received.

Heck, even if logs numbers, if OM coaches use a burner phone, they can just throw theirs away.
    NCAA no subpoena power, so can't subpoena records from carrier. Is that right?

C-spire owned by diehard Rebs so no help from them.

Barksdale does not own C-Spire for previous poster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Jim Barksdale doesn't own C Spire, but I beleive the owners are Ole Miss fans.
    Pisses me off that's who my service is with then.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Its not stupid- its actually smart. When the NCAA was interviewing Kimchee, Paidwell, Tonsil, and crew back in 2013- all they had to say was let us have a copy of your cell phone records for the last 6 months- and if they didnt provide them they could risk their eligibility. With a burner- there is nothing damning on their personal phone records.
    Yea but if OM coaches had the burner phones instead of the players then the NCAA still had nothing. Oh that's just a girl I talk to & the # isn't tied up to a university.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Couple of questions.

Heck, even if logs numbers, if OM coaches use a burner phone, they can just throw theirs away.

They will have most, if not all, of the features of standard phones. There will be a log of all calls made/received and to/from.

vCash
    Theoretically of course, they could deliver the burner phones so the kids know that anyone who calls them is connected to the program, without having to explain to player X that they're connected. It's a trusted phone line and only trusted people will have the number. Then, when someone calls and wants to talk about an offer, they know that the person on the other end got that number from someone connected. And when they say "I'd like to meet with you and your dad before you return to Starkville to discuss your future at Ole Miss" they're more likely to take the meeting invite. Especially if they're already in Oxford...

Remember, the only thing that's been rumored to have happened is that one or two guys didn't turn their phones in after a visit. If that's actually true, then maybe they're just handing them out during the visits. "Keep this on you so we can get in touch with you quickly. If it rings, answer it. No one else has this number except our people who know you're here." Then an offer is made.

It established a connection to the staff for a booster without having to really spell out that connection to the kids or parents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Couple of questions.

BUT....if two or three unconnected recruits tell the NCAA the same story and show them the same burner phone, does any of this matter?

Would it not then be reasonable to believe the recruits? The NCAA doesn't need "beyond a reasonable doubt proof" yet we continue to speak as if the do.