Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    It also isn't going to turn into a massive inferno. Sure it'd burn their feet and legs badly but they could just run straight back where they came from without more than 2nd degree burns. The human body isn't a combustible gas can and the room wasn't filled with plywood like our IDPF. You also wouldn't leave M&C alone in a room that isn't locked without making certain they are tied to something so they can't just stand up and walk out the door. Oh zero casualties for the Walking Navy Seals again. Carol was counting her steps and leaving a trail for Darryl to track with a hood over her face. Yea ok. Not gonna lie though I got a little enjoyment outta watching Carol blast that girl in the head and then Rick did it too.

Sorry if I'm a buzzkill again Bully13.
    That is just in general how Hollywood handles how combustible gas is. It is the same as cars exploding when something happens or running through the woods with a head shot every time. Not many people could train to the point they could do it but pretty much everyone does it on TWD. I wouldn't think they had enough ammo to waste to get to practice enough for everyone.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    That is just in general how Hollywood handles how combustible gas is. It is the same as cars exploding when something happens or running through the woods with a head shot every time. Not many people could train to the point they could do it but pretty much everyone does it on TWD. I wouldn't think they had enough ammo to waste to get to practice enough for everyone.
    Ha yea I'll stop being a bitch about TWD once Negan hits a homerun with Glenn's face

vCash
    Ha yea I'll stop being a bitch about TWD once Negan hits a homerun with Glenn's face
    I am still unsure if it will be Glenn. They like to have the show different but I am sure Negan will make a memorable entrance.

Banned
    vCash
    Why you hating Glen?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Why you hating Glen?
    It's not so much that I hate Glen (I don't) but more that I'm sick of the Maggie & Glen love story and them putting the whole group at risk over it. Really all the love stories during a zombie apocalypse are just stupid and forced imo. Only one I found interesting was the triangle one between Shane, Rick's wife and Rick.

vCash
    Rosita probably a goner

vCash
    I think either Darryl or Carol get killed by Negan in the finale.

vCash
    Hope it's Carol. But I think you're right. It will be one or the other I'm betting.

vCash
    My bet is on Maggie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Rick or Michone one are going to take a dirt nap at some point before the series finale. Their love interest may speed it up though. I don't think they'll mess with Darryl. I think anyone else is fair game, except maybe Rick. I'm starting to think Carl is a bionic boy too.
    I don't think you'll see any of those characters bite the dust until ratings start to slip (or until one of them asks for a big contract). I don't think the creators are like Martin in that they take a perverse pleasure in showing that none of the characters are ultimately important (or at least you can't tell from teh story arc which ones will be important and which ones will die off). I think the Walking Dead tv show has some popular characters and they're not going to rock the boat just to rock the boat. I think that's why you see the unrealistic seal Team 6 stuff. They're not going to kill off popular characters just to kill them off.

Maggie as a leader seems forced.
    Not nearly as forced as the red head's character. I get that she was supposed to be the mirror image of Carol, but it just wasn't believable. They've both pretty unrealistic characters, but Carol is much better at pulling the persona off and she also has the benefit of some character development.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner View Post
    My bet is on Maggie.
    This is where I've been leaning as well. It's still "connected to Glen." I have trouble seeing them going forward in the show with two babies. Environment around everyone about to go to crap again anyway. And now they got no doctor and for the moment at least, no bullet guy.

Around the room in my family we thought a tier 2 character would die last night and we were right. You knew something was gonna go badly. They don't generally show "missions" that go off without a hitch. For instance, apparently they went back and got the girl's (her name eludes me at moment) body but they didn't show that "mission" 'cause nothing apparently went awry.

So, is Carol being gone gonna lead to the big confrontation coming with Negan? I'm having a little trouble with her suddenly having a bunch of Twilight/Hunger Games teenagish angst about killing "for" someone at this point. <<<being believable at this point is what I mean
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    This is where I've been leaning as well. It's still "connected to Glen." I have trouble seeing them going forward in the show with two babies. Environment around everyone about to go to crap again anyway. And now they got no doctor and for the moment at least, no bullet guy.

Around the room in my family we thought a tier 2 character would die last night and we were right. You knew something was gonna go badly. They don't generally show "missions" that go off without a hitch. For instance, apparently they went back and got the girl's (her name eludes me at moment) body but they didn't show that "mission" 'cause nothing apparently went awry.

So, is Carol being gone gonna lead to the big confrontation coming with Negan? I'm having a little trouble with her suddenly having a bunch of Twilight/Hunger Games teenagish angst about killing "for" someone at this point. <<<being believable at this point is what I mean
    I think Carol basically "turned herself off" to survive. She walled up her emotions so she could get through everything. Now she is where they can have some semblance of a normal life and the walls came crashing down. It was similar to Morgan but less socially crazy.

vCash

I don't think her protectiveness of Maggie came with any angst about killing. She wanted to protect Maggie from becoming as desensitized as she had become because she didn't think Maggie could be a good mother if she was forced to do the things Carol has done. She was perfectly fine continuing to kill if it meant that Maggie could retain some of her tenderness for motherhood.

I think Carol's angst about killing didn't show up until she saw her mirror image in the red head, and (1) was reminded of what parts of herself she had given up to survive, especially related to being a mother and/or (2) realized that the people she was killing had likewise changed just to survive, not necessarily b/c they were evil.

I thought Carol's story arc was one of the most believable (at least as far as the emotional aspects of it go, maybe not with respect to being a special ops quality strategist, although even that is probably more realistic than Morgan becoming a ninja) especially compared to somebody like Morgan's or the preacher's

vCash
    As soon as the fat blonde starting getting philosophical with her little speech, I told my daughter she was going to buy it, a few seconds later the arrow shuts her mouthy ass up. Now if only Carl will come down with a antibiotic resistant infection in that empty eye socket.....

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash

Just threw his' hat into the power struggle. Why continue trading lives for goods when you can hold the monopoly on manufacturing needed goods and controlling the trade of other goods with other colonies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
    As soon as the fat blonde starting getting philosophical with her little speech, I told my daughter she was going to buy it, a few seconds later the arrow shuts her mouthy ass up. Now if only Carl will come down with a antibiotic resistant infection in that empty eye socket.....
    Lol brutal.

vCash
    Lol brutal.
    Tonight they'll give us an emotional break and not kill anyone off!!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Tonight they'll give us an emotional break and not kill anyone off!!!!
    You still stand by that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    You still stand by that?
    Blood splatter angle is wrong but if it's Daryl, if anything it was in the arm or something. Carol not dead either.

vCash
    Blood splatter angle is wrong but if it's Daryl, if anything it was in the arm or something. Carol not dead either.
    Talking Dead confirmed he was shot, but that's it. Norman Reedus just tweeted this out so I'm guessing he was shot in the hip.

image.jpg