vCash

Basketball finish

Vandy
    At bama
    At aTm
    USCe
    At om
    Auburn

How many do you think we win? We have to win 3 to match last year's sec win total. To tell the truth, I'm pretty disappointed with our results so far. Last year, we lost 9 games by 6 or less, so these close losses this year are nothing new. All those close losses last year were supposed to become wins this year by adding a 5* and 2 more 4* players... It hasn't happened.

I'm not saying I want Howland fired or anything crazy like that, but I hope he steps up his game next year with all his own players save ready
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-14-2016 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    beat Auburn and thats it. Very disappointing 1st season for Howland
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Hard to win with Zappardo, Flat top don't want to shoot, and Daniels giving you shit off of the bench. Sword thinks he's Steph Curry and Newman won't step up consistently.

vCash
    Yeah, I only see Auburn as a win. We might keep it close for awhile against Vandy, South Carolina and at OM but will still lose them in the second half. We'll lose double figures at A&M at Bama.

vCash
    The combo of Sword and Ready lost us 6-8 of the close games on the last possession so that isn't a Howland problem. This was all on the seniors why the season went the way it did. Disappointing? Yes, but in hind sight with these loser seniors should have been expected.
    Last edited by MarketingBully; 02-14-2016 at 12:27 PM.

vCash
    Im so over them. I seriously don't know what to expect from this team on a game to game basis. I almost wish that they wouldn't play anymore games so I didn't have to struggle through every one. These Ray boys needs to go on and get. I said Get!!! Im so sick of us being undersized and man handled every game with a lack of fire and emotion to go along with it. Simply they are getting beat on a lot of stuff they can control and thats the most disheartening thing.

vCash
    Disappointing season for sure but brighter days ahead.

On a different note, can we turn the lower level into a general admission type of seating once it becomes clear that 50% of the season ticket holders down there aren't going to show up for a game. It's ridiculous.

Want a better atmosphere? Let the fans fill the lower bowl.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I expected Better. But I have seen a team that couldn't guard my Grandmother in Mam to man defense turn into a team that now are decent in our defense effort and effectiveness. I have seen Q and Holman step up and become two players to build a winner with.

Everyone said Ray needed three years to recover from Stans and His team's that won twenty games every year. But you are disappointed with Howland after a partial year with Rays left-overs. WTF. Are y'all bat$hit crazy? Rejoice in Howland and the future that is coming soon to a Stadium near You. I am super positive about our basketball to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Disappointing season for sure but brighter days ahead.

On a different note, can we turn the lower level into a general admission type of seating once it becomes clear that 50% of the season ticket holders down there aren't going to show up for a game. It's ridiculous.

Want a better atmosphere? Let the fans fill the lower bowl.
    Good point. If Stricklin isn't going to move the students back to mid-court, let everyone fill the lower deck at the under 16 timeout.

As for the season, we probably should have 3 more wins at this point, but does it really matter? This was always going to be a transition year. I thought we would get more from Malik and I expected improvement in Fred's shot, but those are the only surprises. Roq was very productive for us last year and Daniels hasn't filled that role. I expect a big jump next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I expected Better. But I have seen a team that couldn't guard my Grandmother in Mam to man defense turn into a team that now are decent in our defense effort and effectiveness. I have seen Q and Holman step up and become two players to build a winner with.

Everyone said Ray needed three years to recover from Stans and His team's that won twenty games every year. But you are disappointed with Howland after a partial year with Rays left-overs. WTF. Are y'all bat$hit crazy? Rejoice in Howland and the future that is coming soon to a Stadium near You. I am super positive about our basketball to come.
    I'm VERY happy that we have Howland as our coach. I'm not happy with this year though. I do think Howland will be much better when he has his own players

vCash
    Howland has never had a very strong first year on the job win loss wise. Pumped for the future of this program. We get hurt so bad when our bench has to provide points, that will change soon. If Malik comes back next years team could be damn good.

vCash
    There's a reason we were predicted to be in the top half of the SEC this season- we have underachieved.

Recruiting is going extremely well though and better days are ahead
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Just think, we will have all of those 2016 signees together for at least two years plus we will have Brooks and Nic Weatherspoon signed for 2017. Robert Woodard is probably coming in 2018. The only player that will for sure not be here at that time, will be Newman. The talent level is about to increase exponentially.
    Last edited by Jacksondevildog; 02-14-2016 at 12:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Just think, we will have all of those 2016 signees together for at least two years plus we will have Brooks and Nic Weatherspoon signed for 2017. Robert Woodard is probably coming too. The only player that will for sure not be here at that time, will be Newman. The talent level is about to increase exponentially.
    It'll be interesting if Howland can keep his conference title streak in year 3 going. Hopefully Kentucky loses everyone after next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm VERY happy that we have Howland as our coach. I'm not happy with this year though. I do think Howland will be much better when he has his own players
    Agreed. If the players actually did what Howland wanted them to do, we would have had a great year this year. You could tell we did everything he wanted against Arkansas and we crushed them. Howland knows his stuff but the players still have to go out and execute everything. Our seniors have let this team down both from a leadership perspective and not accepting their roles. We know they can do it because they have done it in a few of the games but they haven't done it consistently enough. Especially players like Daniels, Thomas, and Zuppado. If they could have contributed consistently 5-8 points a game at least every game, we win a lot more games. If Sword would have shaved 2-3 turnovers off his game, that would have made a difference. There are a lot of little things these seniors could have done and it would have made a difference in the total outcome of the season. They didn't and so we are where we are because of them.

vCash
    Just think, we will have all of those 2016 signees together for at least two years plus we will have Brooks and Nic Weatherspoon signed for 2017. Robert Woodard is probably coming in 2018. The only player that will for sure not be here at that time, will be Newman. The talent level is about to increase exponentially.
    I'm almost wondering from a chemistry perspective if we would be better without Newman next year. Just something to think about.

vCash
    We will be better chemistry-wise without some of the seniors who never bought in to Howland.

vCash
    We will be better chemistry-wise without some of the seniors who never bought in to Howland.
    See, I never understood this shit and I know the rumors are true regarding this because you see it on the court. We have seen what Howland wants to do on offense by sharing the ball in only a couple of games (Northern Colorado, Arkansas) and have seen what he wants to do on defense in only one game (the Arkansas game). Those two games will be what our offense and defense will look like consistently next year as the players that come in next year above else will want to win. This IMO is why the seniors were the biggest losers of all time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    See, I never understood this shit and I know the rumors are true regarding this because you see it on the court. We have seen what Howland wants to do on offense by sharing the ball in only a couple of games (Northern Colorado, Arkansas) and have seen what he wants to do on defense in only one game (the Arkansas game). Those two games will be what our offense and defense will look like consistently next year as the players that come in next year above else will want to win. This IMO is why the seniors were the biggest losers of all time.
    Chicken has no concept of passing back out to an open shooter after driving the lane. Instead, he takes on two or three defenders everytime.

IJ will try one play on offense. If it doesn't work then he dribbles till there is 5 or 6 seconds left.

Fred has killed us on fast break this year. If you pass to Fred out of a fast break then you essentially just reset yourselves to a half court offense because he won't be aggressive. He will pump fake and then pass it back. 9.999/10 times
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Chicken has no concept of passing back out to an open shooter after driving the lane. Instead, he takes on two or three defenders everytime.

IJ will try one play on offense. If it doesn't work then he dribbles till there is 5 or 6 seconds left.

Fred has killed us on fast break this year. If you pass to Fred out of a fast break then you essentially just reset yourselves to a half court offense because he won't be aggressive. He will pump fake and then pass it back. 9.999/10 times
    Or Fred will pass, fumble, whatever it takes to do to turn the ball over on the break