Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB projected win totals - ouch Braves fans

vCash

MLB projected win totals - ouch Braves fans

vCash
    Everybody knows the Braves sold this season for a farm system. I recently saw where their farm system was now rated #1. I am sure that will go down with the amount of guys they will bring up this year though. This year is going to be Freddie Freeman plus old veterans on their last leg and fresh off the farm rookies. I recently bought my opening day tickets though so I will get to see how bad they look out the gate. It is the Nationals at home so that should be fun.

vCash
    Hell yes!!! That's way higher than I expected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Hell yes!!! That's way higher than I expected.
    There was a couple of days after all the trades that I was wondering if we could get to double digit wins. I was wondering if the owner was trying to move the team to Miami.

vCash
    This team may lose 100 games. And it won't get much better next year. I just hope they don't rush Swanson up for the shit show, although Fredi is saying he could make the team out of Spring Training. Personally, I'd rather him spend the year in AAA where the stink of losing won't rub off.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    I'd take the over. We won 67 last year and I think this year we'll be better. I say at least 72

Banned
    vCash
    Freddie Freeman gonna have to gay hug a bunch of newbies this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd take the over. We won 67 last year and I think this year we'll be better. I say at least 72
    I agree. And no, we won't graduate many of those prospects this year. Blair will come up, and he may be the only one by at least midseason.

Our farm system is only going to grow in reputation over the next couple years, given our #3 pick and what we're about to do on the international market.

And Swanson has a literally 0% chance of making this team out of spring training. He has about a 0% chance of being called up before September. The most likely result is that his debut is Opening Day in the new stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    You dont usually project guys to take leaps forward, even though you know many will. Freeman, Markakis, and several of the young pitchers are good bets to outproduce their projections.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    You dont usually project guys to take leaps forward, even though you know many will. Freeman, Markakis, and several of the young pitchers are good bets to outproduce their projections.

vCash
    [QUOTE=smootness;504923]I agree. And no, we won't graduate many of those prospects this year. Blair will come up, and he may be the only one by at least midseason.

Our farm system is only going to grow in reputation over the next couple years, given our #3 pick and what we're about to do on the international market.

And Swanson has a literally 0% chance of making this team out of spring training. He has about a 0% chance of being called up before September. The most likely result is that his debut is Opening Day in the new stadium.[/QUOTE]

That's not what Fredi is saying. I wouldn't put anything past that dumbass and our front office. Swanson is about the only guy that might get butts in the seats for this shitty team.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    [QUOTE=War Machine Dawg;505233]
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I agree. And no, we won't graduate many of those prospects this year. Blair will come up, and he may be the only one by at least midseason.

And Swanson has a literally 0% chance of making this team out of spring training. He has about a 0% chance of being called up before September. The most likely result is that his debut is Opening Day in the new stadium.[/QUOTE]

That's not what Fredi is saying. I wouldn't put anything past that dumbass and our front office. Swanson is about the only guy that might get butts in the seats for this shitty team.
    Dude hasnt played above A ball. He'll start in AA if he looks remotely ready in ST, as Albies needs the starts in high A. But the team is playing for 2018. No need to start the clock on a hitter this year. But pitchers are different, they take longer to blossom at the MLB level (usually 3 years), so they'll come up as soon as they are ready.

Unless he tears up AAA in the 2nd half, the plan has to be to call him up in mid 2017 with an eye on him being the starter in 2018. Unless the CBA changes.

vCash
    As a Mississippi Braves fan, I'm pretty excited to see the Braves prospects. My guess is they will start Swanson in Pearl.

vCash
    [QUOTE=BoomBoom;505237]
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

Dude hasnt played above A ball. He'll start in AA if he looks remotely ready in ST, as Albies needs the starts in high A. But the team is playing for 2018. No need to start the clock on a hitter this year. But pitchers are different, they take longer to blossom at the MLB level (usually 3 years), so they'll come up as soon as they are ready.

Unless he tears up AAA in the 2nd half, the plan has to be to call him up in mid 2017 with an eye on him being the starter in 2018. Unless the CBA changes.
    aGAIN, not disagreeing with you and Smootness. Just pointing out that isn't what Fredi is saying. And considering we don't have anyone left on the team that might generate any excitement, I wouldn't put it past them to rush him up. I don't care what level of minor league ball he has or hasn't played. He's been playing High A ball for 3ish years at Vandy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As a Mississippi Braves fan, I'm pretty excited to see the Braves prospects. My guess is they will start Swanson in Pearl.
    I'm interested in seeing if Albies and Swanson stay at SS and if so, who starts where?

vCash
    I'm interested in seeing if Albies and Swanson stay at SS and if so, who starts where?
    They might trade one. Too soon to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

aGAIN, not disagreeing with you and Smootness. Just pointing out that isn't what Fredi is saying. And considering we don't have anyone left on the team that might generate any excitement, I wouldn't put it past them to rush him up. I don't care what level of minor league ball he has or hasn't played. He's been playing High A ball for 3ish years at Vandy.
    1) It doesn't matter what Fredi is saying, there is literally no chance of Swanson on the opening day roster.

2) SEC baseball is not equivalent to A+, especially after you remove Vandy from the list of opponents.
    Last edited by smootness; 02-13-2016 at 05:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They might trade one. Too soon to know.
    This may be a joke, but that is not happening.

vCash
    I think Swanson will stay ahead of Albies, so both of them will stay at SS for now. One may be moved to 2B eventually, probably Swanson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    This may be a joke, but that is not happening.
    That's why I said its too soon to know. One might switch to another position. Or they can trade one of them to fill another need. I'm not saying that will happen now or even will happen. Just that its a possibility.