Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I love all the wording by Bjork

vCash

I love all the wording by Bjork

" The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."

But he wont talk to anybody else besides the CL- because of the "on going investigation"...

"
    Bjork did say, however, the university was previously aware of everything in the letter and self-reported several items"

​So good- if they already knew and self reported alot- they wont need the full 90 days to respond.

Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    They'll wait till the 89th day at the 23rd hour to respond. Its only a matter of time, everything they are doing screams we are guilty. They are seriously becoming a cult only they believe they're innocent at this point

vCash
    They can ask for an extension to the 90 days. Wouldn't be a surprise. Especially since there is nothing really to all this.***

vCash
    I motion that we change the ED countdown clock (after the first pitch) to a countdown for the remaining time on the 90-day rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    " The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."

But he wont talk to anybody else besides the CL- because of the "on going investigation"...

"
    Bjork did say, however, the university was previously aware of everything in the letter and self-reported several items"

​So good- if they already knew and self reported alot- they wont need the full 90 days to respond.

The other interesting wording is "athletic PROGRAM." Singular. As in, yeah the investigation into the chick basketball team is complete.

Another thing that almost everyone missed in that CL piece yesterday was the comment about the track violations pertaining to recruiting. My mind immediately went back to the rumors of funneling benefits through the track program. It was very subtle how they mentioned that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
    I motion that we change the ED countdown clock (after the first pitch) to a countdown for the remaining time on the 90-day rule.
    Insert multiple hand clap emojis here

vCash
    And he didn't mention anything about the NOA including that key word, addendum, did he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    And he didn't mention anything about the NOA including that key word, addendum, did he?
    No. He specifically said there's no rumored second letter coming, no loss of institutional control, nothing damning on Freeze, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    The other interesting wording is "athletic PROGRAM." Singular. As in, yeah the investigation into the chick basketball team is complete.

Another thing that almost everyone missed in that CL piece yesterday was the comment about the track violations pertaining to recruiting. My mind immediately went back to the rumors of funneling benefits through the track program. It was very subtle how they mentioned that.
    Yeah, I caught that on the program vs programs too. I posted it on one of the other threads last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    No. He specifically said there's no rumored second letter coming, no loss of institutional control, nothing damning on Freeze, etc.

Someone who knows more about grammar and journalism than I do help me out here. In the article it says that they have not received a 2nd letter and the part about Bjork not expecting another one is in parentheses. Why? Does that mean he didn't say that? Does that mean he said it later or at another time and they just put it there? Does it not mean anything and I'm just reading into it?
    Last edited by jumbo; 02-11-2016 at 03:09 PM.

Banned
    vCash

"

The 3 year one? OK. Fine. What about the ongoing one that is not as old? And if he knew everything about what was in the letter, how do they not have it? Isn't that what they told rose bowl?

vCash
    Interesting paragraph in Godfrey's article on SBnation (updated yesterday):

"Regardless of how it is framed, many of the football violations involve Tunsil or the previous football staff. Almost all the violations under Hugh Freeze's tenure involve Tunsil or are low level violations. Freeze is not personally named in any violation," a source in the athletic department told SB Nation on Tuesday night.

vCash
    for a forty minute interview, there wasnt much substance to the article
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    "The NCAA has told Ole Miss its three-plus year investigation into the school's athletic program is complete, Ole Miss' athletic director said Wednesday."
    Quote from Robertson at 10:56 this morning:

I can tell you with 100% confidence that interviews have taken place this week.
    Dear Lord it is going to be fun watching this all unfold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Interesting paragraph in Godfrey's article on SBnation (updated yesterday):
    A source in the athletic department told us is like saying we interviewed the fox in the hen house and he said all the chickens are accounted for.

vCash

So if "many" means 4, what's the over/under on what "several" really means?

vCash
    Hud wasn't named for any violations either. But his program received the penalties. His staff committing an infraction is still on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Hud wasn't named for any violations either. But his program received the penalties. His staff committing an infraction is still on him.
    And that's what the tards I deal with on FB don't understand!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    A source in the athletic department told us is like saying we interviewed the fox in the hen house and he said all the chickens are accounted for.
    My point was that it leaves open the possibility (probability?) of Level 1/2 violations on Freeze's watch, Tunsil-related or otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    My point was that it leaves open the possibility (probability?) of Level 1/2 violations on Freeze's watch, Tunsil-related or otherwise.
    Good catch on that. By saying 'almost all', it automatically implies 'but not all'. Adding that, the sentence would read: "Most, but not all the violations under Hugh Freeze's tenure involve Tunsil or are low level violations."
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 02-11-2016 at 03:50 PM.