Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guys listening to Out of Bounds?

vCash

You guys listening to Out of Bounds?

Wow, this guy from Cali is on. He wrote a piece on the OM troubles. He just said that he interviewed Pennamen, the RB they got, just before signing day. Said Pennamen said, "I'm not concerned because Coach Freeze told us it was only 5 violations related to football, and they were all related to the previous coaching staff".

It's time for Freeze to be called out. He flat out lied to the recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Wow, this guy from Cali is on. He wrote a piece on the OM troubles. He just said that he interviewed Pennamen, the RB they got, just before signing day. Said Pennamen said, "I'm not concerned because Coach Freeze told us it was only 5 violations related to football, and they were all related to the previous coaching staff".

Yeah, this has come up a couple of times with Freeze telling that to a couple of recruits...

vCash
    Did not listen but everyone knows they lied to them.

vCash
    #freethecroots

A blatant lie about the NOA that they had in their possession and had obviously read. Freeze could have said that he didn't know but this statement sounds like he told the recruits with certainty. But it was a bold faced flat out lie. I think Jarrion Stewart wrote a tweet and erased it to this effect.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash

Same thing happened with Deontay Anderson

vCash
    Does this put even more pressure on the NCAA? All the recruiting shenanigans are one thing but having a coach in the most powerful conference in college football bold face lie to a recruit about something like this can't be ignored can it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Same thing happened with Deontay Anderson
    Yep ...

It didn't affect me," Anderson said. "I talked to Coach Freeze about it. He said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn't shake me up."

vCash
    A ton of coaches lie to these kids about everything - this shouldn't be shocking. But I'd just use it as more fuel to the fire to show recruit families that he sounds portrays the upstanding Christian coach but in reality he's just as dirty as everyone else.

vCash
    So he will now talk about things after they're published? Good for him.

Maybe he should call the Clarion Ledger and ask them what he's allowed to talk about. Looks like he may have finally, for the first time, forgot to read the Ole Miss talking points.

vCash
    Was Bo pressing the issue seeing how mad he was that Bucky lied to him? Is anybody pushing this fact in the media?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    A ton of coaches lie to these kids about everything - this shouldn't be shocking. But I'd just use it as more fuel to the fire to show recruit families that he sounds portrays the upstanding Christian coach but in reality he's just as dirty as everyone else.
    It's one thing to tell a kid he could start his freshman year because he could but it's another to tell a kid that there is nothing to see here and don't worry when there is something to see here and they should be worried. This is the biggest decision this kid has had to make in his life and they were flat out misled. Very Sinful and those fools should be punished.

If this is how it all went down Freeze has lost all credibility and people will remember.

vCash
    Will we be smart enough to use this in future recruiting cycles? Were I a recruiter for MSU and found myself competing with UNM, I'd be sure to bring it up with the recruit.

"Son, I'm not going to lie to you. Here at MSU you have to work your ass off, earn your spot, have character rather than be a character. Nothing is handed to you, but I promise we will work with you to make you the best you can be, both on and off the field. Now up north, they are prone to telling you whatever they have to, true or not, in order to gain your signature on NSD. There is no clearer evidence of this than what occurred just prior to NSD 2016. A question you should be asking yourself is, "Who do I trust?". Your future is on-the-line. Who you entrust with it should be of major concern to you."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Will we be smart enough to use this in future recruiting cycles? Were I a recruiter for MSU and found myself competing with UNM, I'd be sure to bring it up with the recruit.

"Son, I'm not going to lie to you. Here at MSU you have to work your ass off, earn your spot, have character rather than be a character. Nothing is handed to you, but I promise we will work with you to make you the best you can be, both on and off the field. Now up north, they are prone to telling you whatever they have to, true or not, in order to gain your signature on NSD. There is no clearer evidence of this than what occurred just prior to NSD 2016. A question you should be asking yourself is, "Who do I trust?". Your future is on-the-line. Who you entrust with it should be of major concern to you."
    Hev can't remember his lines. But other than that, yeah, we'd better use this to death.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It's one thing to tell a kid he could start his freshman year because he could but it's another to tell a kid that there is nothing to see here and don't worry when there is something to see here and they should be worried. This is the biggest decision this kid has had to make in his life and they were flat out misled. Very Sinful and those fools should be punished.

If this is how it all went down Freeze has lost all credibility and people will remember.
    If they end up getting hammered then yes. If not, then I doubt you will see any effect. They'll keep right on serving up the cash and hookers and the 17/18 year old guys will not even have a vague memory of this next February once they see a hot topless blonde getting on her knees beside a duffle bag full of cash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Hev can't remember his lines. But other than that, yeah, we'd better use this to death.
    This would be what Hev ended up saying:

"Son, I'm going to work your ass and hand it to you both on and off the field cause I'm a character. Now up north, the girls are prone and do whatever they have to in order to gain your signature. Now you tell me where you'd rather be."

vCash
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post

This times 1000! Great post, and it should be sent directly to the entire staff in BOLD!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    Yep ...

It didn't affect me," Anderson said. "I talked to Coach Freeze about it. He said it was about things that had happened in the past before he got to Ole Miss. I knew he would be honest with me. When I first heard it, it didn't shake me up."
    Play on words. The "he" Freeze was talking about was Deontay. See, there was no lie told.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    #freethecroots

A blatant lie about the NOA that they had in their possession and had obviously read. Freeze could have said that he didn't know but this statement sounds like he told the recruits with certainty. But it was a bold faced flat out lie. I think Jarrion Stewart wrote a tweet and erased it to this effect.
    JarrionStreetTheyLied4284103.jpg

ETA: How do you make the dang image bigger???
    Last edited by Dawgtini; 02-11-2016 at 11:39 AM.

vCash

Yep, and Freeze was probably telling him where to go pick up his backpack along the same time he was telling him there was nothing to worry about with the NCAA.