Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One thing I'm noticing with the BearSharks right now

vCash

One thing I'm noticing with the BearSharks right now

They are trumpeting the "9 schollys over 3 years" narrative to anybody that will listen.

This is what they need to understand- that is what OM is trying to self-impose and they are hopeful the NCAA accepts that. But here's the problem- There's no guarantee whatsoever the NCAA will accept that.

The NCAA didnt accept the 4 game suspension on Tunsil OM offered up- they made it 7.
    The NCAA didnt accept the 1 yr suspension we offered for Redmond- they added 5 more games.

The 9 over 3 is the OM offer to the NCAA- I'll be shocked if they accept that.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I think they need a post season ban to really feel like they've taken a hit

vCash

vCash
    9 over 3 is peanuts for the level of infractions they have. I'm sure the NCAA is laughing at that. That's like saying I robbed the bank but I want house arrest for 3 years.

vCash
    13 violations and at least some being level I and they think they will only get 9 schollys? I just don't see how that's possible

vCash
    if they only get scholly hits, they will laugh and keep doing what they've been doing. This year's class should be banned from postseason play for at least 3-4 years in order for it to actually hurt them IMO. If you allow that class to play in bowls, you haven't sent a message at all. Bc they have enough talent now to breeze through 3-4 years without missing a beat in terms of wins & losses. Interrupt that, make them feel like what they did set them back, or else you fail. That's my message to the NCAA

vCash
    For my information, what level was Redmond's? I hope less than level 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    if they only get scholly hits, they will laugh and keep doing what they've been doing. This year's class should be banned from postseason play for at least 3-4 years in order for it to actually hurt them IMO. If you allow that class to play in bowls, you haven't sent a message at all. Bc they have enough talent now to breeze through 3-4 years without missing a beat in terms of wins & losses. Interrupt that, make them feel like what they did set them back, or else you fail. That's my message to the NCAA
    Agree completely

Rosebowl comes on OOB at 8:45. We can find out what's going on then.

Hopefully, Bo asks him directly about a 2nd letter
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-10-2016 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boodawg View Post
    For my information, what level was Redmond's? I hope less than level 1.
    Redmond was under old guidlines which basically was major or secondary violations. That case had 2 major and one minor. But under the new levels, level 1 and 2 are the same as major violations.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    9 over 3 is peanuts for the level of infractions they have. I'm sure the NCAA is laughing at that. That's like saying I robbed the bank but I want house arrest for 3 years.
    9 scholarships over 3 years is peanuts for any level of infractions. By the time fall camp rolls around, we ourselves will have lost around 10 scholarships over the last 2 years just due to attrition and not filling all our spots in the 2016 class. Nothing even NCAA related. If they get anything less than 5 scholarships per year over 3 or 4 years plus at least a one year postseason ban, then all the cheating they have done would have been worth it and then some.

vCash
    Bounds keeps saying that the most important goal for UNM is to protect Freeze due to his coaching and recruiting abilities. Doesn't he understand that the NOA is a byproduct of his "recruiting abilities"? He's selling snake oil to recruits. He wouldn't have anywhere near the success he's had if he didn't pay insert long list of 4* and 5* players to come to UNM. He might be a good coach, but the delusion behind their fan base that he is who he says he is (insert Dennis Green) is comical.

vCash
    Rosebowl says with 100% accuracy that the investigation is "on going" but instead of a 2nd letter, there will be addendums added to the current allegations.

You have to already be under sanctions for the "repeat violator" criteria to come into play.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 02-10-2016 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Just get them on probation and into the repeat offender watch list for a few years. Anything the NCAA is likely to do to them this go round won't slow them up, we all know that. When they get caught again, and with the way they operate now they will, then the boom gets lowered. Remember, it was the second go round that nailed SMU to the wall, not the first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They are trumpeting the "9 schollys over 3 years" narrative to anybody that will listen.

This is what they need to understand- that is what OM is trying to self-impose and they are hopeful the NCAA accepts that. But here's the problem- There's no guarantee whatsoever the NCAA will accept that.

The NCAA didnt accept the 4 game suspension on Tunsil OM offered up- they made it 7.
    The NCAA didnt accept the 1 yr suspension we offered for Redmond- they added 5 more games.

So they think they'll get less than ULL even though the investigation that got ULL in trouble started with them? And, ULL didn't have 28 violations covering 3 sports either.

vCash
    Agree-they have to be made to feel it and their recruits to notice. Postseason is the best way to do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Rosebowl says with 100% accuracy that the investigation is "on going" but instead of a 2nd letter, there will be addendums added to the current allegations.

You have to already be under sanctions for the "repeat violator" criteria to come into play.
    Just to be clear.. Is Rosebowl saying for certainty there will not be a second letter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    13 violations and at least some being level I and they think they will only get 9 schollys? I just don't see how that's possible
    It depends on whether the football violations have any level 1 status attached to them. We won't know until they leak it or actually release the NOA. I do seem to recall that of the four levels the NCAA now uses, NONE of them fall to level 4, which is incidental violations.

And there's no way in Hell the Tunsil items are less then a level 2. But I guess we'll see when we actually get to read the entire notice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post

It still baffles me how they went from not knowing anything about an investigation to experts on every detail on each charge and what the penalties will be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    It still baffles me how they went from not knowing anything about an investigation to experts on every detail on each charge and what the penalties will be
    yep. They are Nazi-like with their propaganda
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    It depends on whether the football violations have any level 1 status attached to them. We won't know until they leak it or actually release the NOA. I do seem to recall that of the four levels the NCAA now uses, NONE of them fall to level 4, which is incidental violations.

And there's no way in Hell the Tunsil items are less then a level 2. But I guess we'll see when we actually get to read the entire notice.
    Level 4 will never be mentioned in any NOA. They are the only true minor and inconsequential infractions. Only Level 1, 2, or 3 are ever mentioned in a NOA. Levels 1 & 2 are both major infractions and both have postseason ban, probation, scholarship reductions, etc as part of their penalties. Level 3 can get to Level 2 or even 1 with enough of them.