Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #1 overall recruit (Gary) offered incentives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Greg Little wasn't shy in letting his package plan be known at the All Star game.
    I hope the rumors are true about A&M turning them in over Little.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I'm telling you. I heard from a credible source that $3,000,000 was spent on this recruiting class for OM. Also hearing Touhy is the bagman and not in some rogue booster sort of way. Like he's has a set of keys to the athletic department.
    They are the dirtiest program in the country and possibly in the history of college football

vCash
    This might be a dumb question, but: Once these guys get to the NFL, what incentive do they have to stay quiet? Other than the loyalty to a truly special university that made them into men, obviously?** Reggie Bush might have lost his Heisman, but he seems to be doing okay. It's a few years away for some of these guys, just something I thought about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    I'm telling you. I heard from a credible source that $3,000,000 was spent on this recruiting class for OM. Also hearing Touhy is the bagman and not in some rogue booster sort of way. Like he's has a set of keys to the athletic department.
    Not saying your wrong, but I just can't fathom that kind of money being spent on players. Are you saying that total was spent illegally or that was just the cost of the whole recruiting season plus illegal benefits?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Greg Little wasn't shy in letting his package plan be known at the All Star game.
    So, in a roundabout way, what was Little's package?

vCash
    Here's a fact. Sabah thought he had little. He had a great personal relationship w him. Next thing you know, Jed's a millionaire and little is a rebel....you figure it out.

vCash
    It was known throughtout Texas that Little would go to highest bidder. TCU and Baylor play the game hard and they couldn't get him. The "network" had $3.5M for this year. Don't know if they spent all or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So, in a roundabout way, what was Little's package?
    curious also
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    They just had their meeting for next year's targets the other night
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    When highly coveted kids that live in other parts of the country are making a bee line to Oxford MS to sign up, the rest should be common sense. These kids wouldn't know where to look for Oxford on a state map.

vCash
    If you look at the other schools other than Michigan that Gary was considering - Clemson, Auburn, and Ole Miss - all 3 of those schools really get in the mud when recruiting . In fact I would venture to say all 3 offered incentives .

Do traditional powers like Ohio St and Bama cheat ? Yes they do but not as bad. They don't have to cheat as much because kids actually want to go there because of the winning , the rich tradition , and track record of getting kids to the next level. Do we cheat ? Sure we do, but if you look at the level to which most schools cheat and what OM is doing , it is taking it to a whole other level. That's why you continually hear whispers that Auburn and Ole Miss are by far the two dirtiest programs in the SEC. They are not blue blood programs that try everything they can to be viewed as one .
    Last edited by HailState39110; 02-07-2016 at 07:58 AM.

vCash
    Didn't Gary's mom have a bad experience on their official? They usually don't rat schools out as to not mess things up for their peers but if mom got insulted enough she might just sing.

vCash
    Maybe its just me, but when a guy like AJ Brown signs with UNM and then makes comments that we didn't make him feel nearly as "wanted", my mind immediately goes to thinking that he was offered enough incentives to make him feel wanted up on the Plantation. Apparently even enough to make him feel more wanted there than in T-Town. Whatever we were offering obviously wasn't enough to make him feel special.

Seriously, if the NCAA doesn't slam the Bears hard I'm almost to the point to where I would be OK if they just did away with all NCAA rules on improper benefits in recruiting. You are already at a disadvantage recruiting by the rules and if they are not going to do anything to a school like UNM that has absolutely gone rogue, then just be done with it. It would absolutely be more fair to everyone to just say anything goes. That way whatever school "wants" a particular kid the most can get him without worry that they will be selectively punished by the NCAA while other schools cheat their asses off with no consequences. Its getting to the point now that the biggest thing in recruiting is how well you can cheat without leaving a trail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    That place is a cesspool. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that comes out about that place. It's like from some movie or something.
    Their AD, their President knows and they went all in this season to load up.

vCash
    Even Ole Miss has limits to the payroll. They made a big splash in 2016 because the 2013 bigs moved on and left the payroll.

vCash
    Hey, to someone adept on legal matter, would it be possible for State to sue the NCAA if OM isn't severely punished. If they are breaking written rules and taking players that may have otherwise come here and the NCAA with an abundance of evidence does not do their due diligence couldn't a case be made for negligence. I know it's an extreme measure but either the NCAA needs to do their job or we just need to start playing the game dirty with OM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    If you look at the other schools other than Michigan that Gary was considering - Clemson, Auburn, and Ole Miss - all 3 of those schools really get in the mud when recruiting . In fact I would venture to say all 3 offered incentives .

Do traditional powers like Ohio St and Bama cheat ? Yes they do but not as bad. They don't have to cheat as much because kids actually want to go there because of the winning , the rich tradition , and track record of getting kids to the next level. Do we cheat ? Sure we do, but if you look at the level to which most schools cheat and what OM is doing , it is taking it to a whole other level. That's why you continually hear whispers that Auburn and Ole Miss are by far the two dirtiest programs in the SEC. They are not blue blood programs that try everything they can to be viewed as one .
    Auburn is a SEC blue blood compared to Ole Miss, and are a hell of a lot more known nationally.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Hey, to someone adept on legal matter, would it be possible for State to sue the NCAA if OM isn't severely punished. If they are breaking written rules and taking players that may have otherwise come here and the NCAA with an abundance of evidence does not do their due diligence couldn't a case be made for negligence. I know it's an extreme measure but either the NCAA needs to do their job or we just need to start playing the game dirty with OM.
    You can sue anything for damn near anything. State would have standing for a suit like that, but they'd really have to be ready to ruffle some feathers. Good news is that I don't think there's going to be a need for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    The problem with that is its almost like the old 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'. There really probably isn't a school in big time college football that is perfectly clean. Otherwise, in this day and age, you've sentenced yourself to absolutely not being able to compete at all. But not all are just throwing around wads of cash like they are Daddy Warbucks either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    You can sue anything for damn near anything. State would have standing for a suit like that, but they'd really have to be ready to ruffle some feathers. Good news is that I don't think there's going to be a need for that.
    Second, the last time we turned someone in it didn't end well for us. Just my speculation, but I think our last probabtion had more to do with Cam Newton than anybody on our football team.

The few times the SEC commish spoke on the Cam Newton situation, he was neutral on Auburn while he publicly scolded Mississippi State.