Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Recruits

vCash

2017 Recruits

2016 recruiting class is over. And we all got pissed over some spilt milk in this class. Lets see what optimism 2017 brings....

CURRENTLY COMMITTED:

Keytaon Thompson - QB(8th ranked DUAL threat QB in the nation - I expect his stock to raise in the fall)
    Ravian Pierce - TE(he's got a Ricky Seals-Jones build.... I hope he can catch up to speed when he hits practice)
    Tommy Champion - OT(huge piece of the puzzle for this class)
    Cameron Myers - ATH(don't expect him in this class. He's currently committed, but I'm almost certain this will change)
    Emanuel Dabney - CB(I don't know much about him, but I like our Callaway connection as of late)

SOON TO COMMIT:

Kylin Hill - RB(Our bread and butter in this class)
    Keldrick Carper - WR/S(Dude can play WR or S.... he's big and fast. And he lives north enough to be outside of the LSU black hole)
    Willie Gay - LB(Kobe Jones is committed. It's only a matter of time before we get the best defensive player in MS.... again)
    Austin Williams - WR(This is the Marquiss Spencer of the 2017 class. He's kind of unheard of now, but his name will become known next Fall)
    Kymbotric Mason - WR(Like Williams, he's a steal in this class)
    Ronald Ladd - S/LB/RB/WHATEVER THE **** HE WANTS TO PLAY(Ronald is a man, and he'll play whatever position he wants for us. He's another Rosa Fort player that'll shine in the maroon and white)
    Deion Pope - DT(Sign and place JUCO)
    Jordan Murphy - WR(Our next Fred Ross)

BIG TIME TARGETS:

Will Ignont - LB (Myles Jack type player where he can play RB or LB, but he's going to be an ILB at the next level. Gonzo has been on him for a while and I've heard that Sirmon has made Ignont a priority. So we'll see if Sirmon can beat the good ole boys of Auburn for this one)
    Brad Stewart - FS (Stay away LSU! Stewart is Jalen Mills but better. I think Keytaon locks this one up for us. Stewart will NOT redshirt)
    CJ Avery - S(This will be an interesting recruitment. I like where we stand, but we'll see what happens when Cam Akers flips from Bama to OM)
    Keyshawn Johnson - WR(He's been to campus already.... let's see of Sirmon can pull some Cali boys)
    Kam White - WR/RB(I like his speed and I know he likes State. Let's see if we can close on him)
    J'Marick Woods - LB(J'Marick plays S in high school, but he'll transition to OLB. He'll easily out grow the S position. I like our stance with him since he's in our Florence pipeline. He's been getting some crazy offers of late so we'll see on him)
    Freddie Hartz - LB(We've got that Taveze Calhoun connection here. I like Freddie because he likes to hit)
    Jacob Rimmer - OT(He's a definite need)
    Lavante Epson - DT(We want this guy like a fat kid wants cake. Only problem is damn Bo Davis will try to tell him that he's the next A'Shawn Robinson)
    LaBryan Ray - DE/DT(He's a big, mean dude with bear claws for hands. We'll have to hope our coaches get on him before Bama offers)
    Justin Gibbs - WR(He's waiting on that TN offer, but you never know)
    Monterio Hunt - WR(Fast dude.... I like our chances)
    Saahdiq Charles - OT(Yet another private school OT we're going after)
    Dekeith Whatley - RB/WR(Brandon Holloway 2.0)
    Juwuan Jones - ILB/DE(Turner found this guy while he was trying to land Derrick Brown)
    Trey Smith - OT(I'm hoping Buckley jumps on this guy, but I've already heard rumors of some Cam Akers like negotiations going on.... this might be a Greg Little 2.0 situation)
    Terryonte Thomas - WR(Dual sport guy.... we all know what that means.... Elijah Staley? Bear Wilson?)
    Brandon Smith - WR(No idea on this guy other than Gonzo likes him)

I know there's a lot of other names out there.... but this is what I got for now. This class is going to be like the gigantic A&M class of 2013. We'll easily get 30 in this class. I expect the dominoes to start falling once Willie and Kylin commit. This 2017 class should be refreshing for us Bulldog fans.
    Last edited by defiantdog; 02-05-2016 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    Great info. Thanks

vCash
    Good list. Deion Pope has to get it together this semester through next fall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Good list. Deion Pope has to get it together this semester through next fall.
    No joke.... that guy is going to be a monster once he makes it to campus though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    No joke.... that guy is going to be a monster once he makes it to campus though.
    Oh he has the physical tools. Just got to get squared away up top. He came back to school and that's a good sign. He can be hilarious. He doesn't really have a bad attitude just got to focus and commit.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    I wouldn't say Carper is in the close to committing category. We're doing well but UGA is really on him hard now. I think he's going to be a while. Jordan Murphy is blowing up too so not sure he commits soon but I really like him. Freddie Hartz going to have to prove he can play with his hand in the dirt bc he won't play LB in college. We're recruiting Epson as an OG.
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 02-05-2016 at 11:56 PM.

vCash
    We've done really well in Clinton over the years, wouldn't concede Akers to anybody.

I don't know why Cam Myers is still listed as a commit. He transferred from MGCC where he was a backup DB to a juco out west to play QB.

I hope that we'll get Hill and Willie Gay in the boat early in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I wouldn't say Carper is in the close to committing category. We're doing well but UGA is really on him hard now. I think he's going to be a while. Jordan Murphy is blowing up too so not sure he commits soon but I really like him. Freddie Hartz going to have to prove he can play with his hand in the dirt bc he won't play LB in college. We're recruiting Epson as an OG.
    Interesting on Epson.... I know Bama has been looking at him to play defense.

vCash
    Where is all of the Akers to Ole Miss smoke coming from. I haven't seen any rumors of this on the Spirit or twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    Where is all of the Akers to Ole Miss smoke coming from. I haven't seen any rumors of this on the Spirit or twitter.
    I guess that's where ED has the inside info once again then.

vCash
    Again another glaring issue... I counted 4 OL... we are going to have to sign at least 6 or 7 in this class....

vCash
    Here are Shotgun's official thoughts on the 2017 recruiting class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Again another glaring issue... I counted 4 OL... we are going to have to sign at least 6 or 7 in this class....
    We are about to recruit nationally this year with Sirmon, Buckley, & the new safeties coach. I sure plenty of names will pop up.

I like where our head is at on Feb 6th though. I think everyone realizes how important this next class is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Tommy Champion, Saahdiq Charles, Lavonte Epson, John Dale are all instate guys I could see in this class. Then you go OOS & grab a couple more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    We are about to recruit nationally this year with Sirmon, Buckley, & the new safeties coach. I sure plenty of names will pop up.

I like where our head is at on Feb 6th though. I think everyone realizes how important this next class is
    The fact that Sirmon is reaching out to Ignont proves we are getting out of our comfort zone with this class.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Tommy Champion, Saahdiq Charles, Lavonte Epson, John Dale are all instate guys I could see in this class. Then you go OOS & grab a couple more.
    John Dale is a big boy.... He's one I missed on the list

vCash
    Off topic, but any word on whether sirmon's kid will play for Starkville?

vCash
    Speaking of Kemper, what year is their qb? Is he a prospect?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Off topic, but any word on whether sirmon's kid will play for Starkville?
    Yes he is. All the more reason to give Sirmon the local territory so he can have unlimited access to the Starkville program.

vCash
    Big & athletic. He's the leading scorer for the basketball team.