Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosebowl's full statement

vCash

Rosebowl's full statement

As you are aware, I have been very open about the existence of an on going NCAA investigation at the University of Mississippi. While some have been critical of me for my willingness to discuss the matter, I feel it is a matter that impacts the landscape of college football in the state of Mississippi.

For reasons unknown to me, the in-state media by and large has elected to take a pass on this important news story. Most of them have essentially walked in lock step with the talking points of the Ole Miss narrative without question.

I was contacted over two years ago about the ACT issues being investigated regarding David Saunders, Ginny Crager and the allegations made regarding the supervision of the testing center there in Wayne County. I am not going to get into all of the specific allegations, but some of them have now surfaced in the Louisiana-Lafayette NCAA file.

In October of 2014, I was contacted by a friend in Tupelo who caught wind of a neighbor of his being interviewed face to face by the NCAA regarding some potential recruiting violations. Two weeks later, I learned the same NCAA investigator had interviewed folks in and around Jackson.

It was clear this was more than just a fire drill deal.

I tried in vain twice to pass this story along to the Clarion Ledger, because I felt it was really more in their scope of journalism. They had little interest in the story despite the facts. I was recently told that they simply "had too much on their plate". The state's largest newspaper with all of their resources was too busy.

Over the course of the past year, I have not run from discussion about this investigation. I have been criticized and told that I should hold quiet. I will not. What I have said, am saying and will continue to say is true. I have had my integrity called into question over this issue and some have essentially dared me to prove my claims. I have taken steps to do that.

On January 15th, on my direction my attorney prepared a Mississippi Open Records Act Request for the general legal counsel of the University of Mississippi, Lee Tyner. This request was filed on January 16th.

On January 26th, the University of Mississippi legal counsel responded to my request and agreed to provide some of the documents requested. Many of the documents requested involve the current NCAA investigation. According the the Freedom of Information Act, if anyone on that campus has the documents I have requested, then they are bound by the law to provide them.

While I suspect most of the sensitive documents will likely be withheld, we are prepared to pursue legal remedy to obtain them.

The University of Mississippi had 14 business days from the date of my request to supply the documents. Friday the 5th is the final day for the University to comply. I followed up today and found that the person handling my request is out of the office until Monday. I was asked to agree to release those documents next week. I have agreed to that request.

I sent a second request to the University of Mississippi on January 23rd requesting any NCAA Notice of Allegations received by the University during the calendar year 2016. I have not heard back on that request, so I assume it will be addressed along with the University's release next week.

Some will ask why I would take these steps. First of all, I will say that I am only going to be called a liar so many times. I knew that I was right and much of the Forde article released last week confirms what I have shared, but there is more to come. Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork has now acknowledged the receipt of the Notice of Allegations, so there is no longer any question about the existence of the probe or that the situation has risen to the level of allegations being levied by the NCAA.

I am also more than a little tired of people sitting on this story and turning a blind eye to it.

Finally, I am not Riley Blevins and I will not be run off. How he was treated was absolutely shameful. There is a part of me that feels like somebody needed to finish the deal, so that all he had to endure meant something to somebody beyond himself. The truth is the truth no matter how you slice it and frankly I think it's time we all got the truth rather this bill of goods they keep selling us.

I am prepared for whatever the next step may be. I am sure this will be a bumpy ride and that there will be people who try to silence me and I am prepared for that. I will not be intimidated or treated less than for wanting the truth to be known.

I will keep you posted.

vCash
    Give them hell Steve. It's past time.

vCash
    If any Bulldog fan still gets this bullshit paper .. You need to stop.. And let them know why you are.. No clue why you haven't already ..

vCash
    Exactly. Any bulldog still buying that paper is a damn trader. Wrap yourself in red and blue and whistle Dixie while you read it.

vCash
    I found it funny in Rosebowl's statement that he Ole Miss person handling his request is out of the office today.

What are the odds that she comes back on Monday? My guess is that she'll be "unavailable" for some time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Exactly. Any bulldog still buying that paper is a damn trader. Wrap yourself in red and blue and whistle Dixie while you read it.
    I don't get the CL, but I can see wanting it if you live in the Jackson area or were from there. I get my local paper and never even read the sports section.

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-26-2018 at 10:40 AM.

vCash
    I'm sure the network is concocting a plan to eliminate Rosebowl off the face of the earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spbdawg View Post
    He's technically entitled to the records even if personnel is out of the office today.....because it's his public record. He shouldn't have waive his right by allowing the request to roll into next week. Make some other attorney or anyone in that office produce the document.
    It could be a strategy by Rosebowl to get the info released on Monday rather than Friday. Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning would be a great time

vCash
    I wouldn't let my dog $hit on the CL's paper. His poops are worthy of a better resting place.

vCash
    Just a theory. They pushed Steve off because they had already planned what and when they were going to release documents themselves. What looks better to the public? Releasing documents on their own or forced to release them. Or CL was getting the documents to "write" the spin UNM wants written.

vCash
    I will subscribe to Scout for one month just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I will subscribe to Scout for one month just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.
    I likely will too. Get elbow deep Steve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spbdawg View Post
    He's technically entitled to the records even if personnel is out of the office today.....because it's his public record. He shouldn't have waive his right by allowing the request to roll into next week. Make some other attorney or anyone in that office produce the document.
    I have a feeling that was just him going the extra mile to be civil about this. Something tells me that if by Monday they are still stonewalling he will cease being nice and it will go something like this:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I will subscribe to Scout for one year just as a thank you if Steve gets us some juicy info.

vCash
    Indeed. Subscribe to show support.

Subscribe to scout to support rosebowl. Not the CL. Get rid of that garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    If any Bulldog fan still gets this bullshit paper .. You need to stop.. And let them know why you are.. No clue why you haven't already ..
    My dad cancelled several years ago and they asked him why and he said because I'm a State fan and I don't want to read about Ole Miss everyday

vCash
    It must really be bad stuff if Ole Miss is fighting it this hard. I can still post on Bafoom and when the shit goes down I am going to let them have it. I have not been over there in months and have not posted in years and when it goes down I am going to rub their noses in the shit.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 02-05-2016 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    I'm sure the network is concocting a plan to eliminate Rosebowl off the face of the earth.
    Rosey bout to get P A I D!!! (To STFU) Them croots will be jealous.

vCash
    Those lawyers have no plans to comply. Monday will be another excuse. They may very well file a motion themselves to deny him the info on some technicality.