Page 13 of 115 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting 2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    Do we have anything to worry about with Kylin? Saw something the other day that said he had Nebraska as his leader? They have been blowing his Twitter up I know that. I feel like he's just craving attention but who knows with these kids nowadays
    I can't imagine why Kylin would anything more than a fleeting interest in Nebraska.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash

This reminds me of Indiana tweeters and Mario Kegler...

Hill ain't going to Nebraska..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I can't imagine why Kylin would anything more than a fleeting interest in Nebraska.
    Shit I couldn't either unless he wants an endless amount of corn, but he obviously has Nebraska for whatever reason in his top two

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    Do we have anything to worry about with Kylin? Saw something the other day that said he had Nebraska as his leader? They have been blowing his Twitter up I know that. I feel like he's just craving attention but who knows with these kids nowadays

No kid has ever (admittedly) picked a school because of fans on twitter.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Unfortunately this is part of recruiting now. Everyone has to create drama for their announcement. Everyone has to shock the world even though they aren't shocking anyone.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    From the CL: "MSU is one of Kylin Hill's 2 leaders; may decide soon"

Kylin Hill is strongly considering two schools and there seems to be a decent chance he makes a decision as early as this weekend.

The Columbus four-star 2017 running back has Mississippi State and Nebraska as his two leaders.

“They’re the main two teams I am looking at the most,” Hill said Sunday night. “Mississippi State, I’m an in-state guy, so they’re right there and I visit them a lot so I know a lot of background about them. Nebraska, they have a really good coaching staff and, to me, the best fan base in college football.”

Hill added he plans to visit MSU on Saturday.

The Bulldogs have 11 verbal commitments for the 2017 class. Six of those pledges are from Mississippi high school players. MSU does not have a running back committed yet for 2017, but Hill, who is ranked by the 247Sports Composite as the No. 90 player in the country, No. 7 running back and No. 3 player in Mississippi, would be an impressive addition.

That is something he has heard frequently in recent weeks.

“All of those guys, when they committed to Mississippi State, they hit me up and were basically telling me that I am up next and can be the face of the class,” Hill said. “They were basically telling me how bad they want me. Any recruit, when they commit as the face of a class, would love that kind of thing.”

MSU seems like the most practical landing spot for Hill, but he said Nebraska is a serious option, despite it being 1,000 miles away. Hill is close friends with former Columbus standout Byerson Cockrell, who went on to play for Nebraska.

“Some of my family members have concerns and say it’s a little too far away,” Hill said, “but most of them just told me as long as I’m happy I can choose any school.”

Hill once labeled Ole Miss as his leader, but the Rebels’ offense, from his perspective, does not seem as good as a fit. His view, of course, could change between now and National Signing Day.

“With Ole Miss, they are still one of my top schools and even after I commit, I will still hear from other schools and hear what they have to say because it would be a long time until signing day,” Hill said. “With Ole Miss, especially with the two receivers they signed, A.J. (Brown) and DK (Metcalf), they are obviously going to throw the ball a lot.”

Hill, who is poised to be one of the state’s top players this fall, made second team All-State as an athlete after he rushed for 1,750 yards and 18 touchdowns. He averaged an impressive 8.7 yards per carry. He was used as a slot receiver, was a key contributor on special teams and finished the season with 23 total touchdowns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    No kid has ever (admittedly) picked a school because of fans on twitter.
    I never said he would make his decision based off of Twitter "love" I was just saying they were blowing his up. I didn't know if their fans knew something we didn't. I still feel like he's a dawg I was just wondering because you obviously cannot tell these days with recruits whether they are in your back yard or not.

vCash
    Really pumped about Kam White at Clinton. Saw that he picked up Auburn and Florida offers to go along with his Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi, and Mississippi State offers.

Hope we lock him down!

vCash
    http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Stewart-75563

What's our chances with Brad Stewart (4*CB from New Orleans)? Why no LSU offer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post

Only thing I can think of is I know LSU casts a wide net, especially when in comes to recruiting db's. They'll probably offer him though, just to **** it up for us, if for nothing else.

vCash

He needs to camp at LSU but LSU isn't DBU for nothing. They sign the best of the best so a guy like Stewart who's a consensus 4* isn't quite high enough on the board for LSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    He needs to camp at LSU but LSU isn't DBU for nothing. They sign the best of the best so a guy like Stewart who's a consensus 4* isn't quite high enough on the board for LSU.
    Are we in good shape with him?

vCash
    Are we in good shape with him?
    Yes we're doing well. MSU & Florida are the 2 schools most mentioned with Stewart.

vCash
    whats the story on Josiah Coatney that just committed to OM? I know we were on him at one time, but did we back off? How in the hell does Ole Miss beat us on a player right now with what all is going on there?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    whats the story on Josiah Coatney that just committed to OM? I know we were on him at one time, but did we back off? How in the hell does Ole Miss beat us on a player right now with what all is going on there?
    I don't think we were ever really in it. Seemed to be a bama/OM battle. He's a good football player, but had off the field issues in the past.

vCash
    I don't think we were ever really in it. Seemed to be a bama/OM battle.
    just seems odd to pick OM right now. Is he dumb?

vCash
    I can't for the life of me understand why a player with no ties would prefer Ole Miss right now.

vCash
    Not only that but this kid is from Holmes, the same school Tee Sheperd was from. After how they treated Tee, how does this happen?

vCash
    Freezus assured him that new investigation is nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    just seems odd to pick OM right now. Is he dumb?
    Why? If a guy is out for some money on the side it would seem OM is the best bet to get that at the moment. Playing in bowl games is not the top priority for every player.