Ok, so the Will Redmond debacle came up in a thread on Genespage the other day. It was basically the same stuff being discussed....several of us bitching about the way our compliance folks handled the situation and about how it looked an awful lot like we had thrown Redmond under the bus, and then several others defending Bracky, etc. Anyway, all the back and forth went on for a while, when David Murray (who, true to form, was one of the ones defending Bracky) makes this post:

Ok, time to settle this issue. I just called State about the two questions key to this thread.

1.Did Redmond and family have an attorney present at their first meeting with NCAA investigators? YES, he did as it turns out, per MSU staff. I italicize the last part for emphasis, as others might have said differently leading to the mistaken perception there was no lawyer present. There was. I asked twice just to be sure in fact.

2.Is MSU or any school allowed to provide an attorney or legal rep to a signee who has not yet enrolled at the school when speaking to the NCAA? NO, they cannot, per rules. Had the meeting happened after enrollment then yes the school could.
This surprised me, because from what I have seen posted about the situation here, I was under the impression that Redmond did not have any legal counsel present......so I just wanted to see if Political Hack or anyone else who has insight on that whole deal could comment as to the accuracy of what Murray posted.