Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official MSU at Mizzo Basketball Thread - How bad will it get....

vCash
    I think everyone needs to take the night off the NCAA mess and enjoy...yes Mizzo is shitty but we played damn good without Ware.

vCash
    Big 12 went 7-3 against SEC teams in the Big 12/SEC challenge. Upiss lost by 6 or so to Kansas St. So theres that.

vCash
    Love how I get on check out the in games and we lose the thread is at least 6-7 pages..
    But when it's a win.. It's crickets..

Any road win is a good win..
    Newman is understanding and getting comfortable with the college game.
    Spoon is just a soild all around player.. Very good basketball IQ.. His rebounding proves that..
    Daniels and Fred played well..

We have 4 out of next 5 at home. All 4 winnable.

I don't think come sec tourney time that any one is going to be excited about playing us in the first couple of rounds..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg99 View Post
    Big 12 went 7-3 against SEC teams in the Big 12/SEC challenge. Upiss lost by 6 or so to Kansas St. So theres that.
    7-4. We just beat Missouri ******
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    7-4. We just beat Missouri ******
    Ha! Touche'.

vCash
    Q with the double-double (18 pts 14 rebs)... I love this kid

vCash
    I know mizzou is nothing special but we shouldn't be able to beat anybody without ware down low so this was a great effort by the dawgs. Unfortunately this is going to be a "what if" year as I still think we had NIT talent

vCash
    I watched the game and just didn't want to comment on the thread. . Daniels stepped up big tonight. If he plays like that the rest of the way, we will get to 9-9 in the conference. He can help us in rebounding and when he was open from the three point line he shot it and hit a couple. I am excited for him. I will gladly eat crow tonight on him. We were sharing the ball and did a great job especially in the first half. In the first half, we had 10 assists on 13 baskets. That is awesome.

We have some winnable games coming up. We play Alabama at the Hump on Tuesday and should have a chance there. We then go on the road at LSU which will be an L but then will get Arkansas, Georgia, and Vanderbilt at home. All winnable games. If Newman and Q continue to improve like they have, we should be in every game and I think we could get a couple of upsets down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    I know mizzou is nothing special but we shouldn't be able to beat anybody without ware down low so this was a great effort by the dawgs. Unfortunately this is going to be a "what if" year as I still think we had NIT talent
    We did but it just took us too long to get used to playing together and I think Newman's turf toe injury hurt him more then we could have anticipated. Our chemistry tonight was great. We shared the ball very well today. They are really taking well to Coach Howland's coaching as well. If we keep improving, 16-14 (9-9) is not out of the question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We did but it just took us too long to get used to playing together and I think Newman's turf toe injury hurt him more then we could have anticipated. Our chemistry tonight was great. We shared the ball very well today. They are really taking well to Coach Howland's coaching as well. If we keep improving, 16-14 (9-9) is not out of the question.
    If we get to 16-14, we need to pay to play in CBI

vCash
    Winning without Ware in the lineup is nothing to sneeze at even against Mizzou. The freshmen are coming along, and the seniors made fewer freshman mistakes. I'll take it.

vCash
    I think we slowed it down a bit too much a bit too early when we got up by 20+. I understand the concept of "time & score", but I think we went to it a bit too early tonight.

That said...I love seeing Newman's progress lately. I can't describe how excited I am about Q - might he be our next Super D (my favorite player of all time). Holman continues to improve. The next couple of years could be pretty exciting for our program. As one who was a student in the early-mid 90's, I can't wait.

vCash
    We are getting better. We still have only two players and one of those is just showing glimpses of coming around. Any win is a nice one at this point so well done guys! I will also say this: if we get an invite to ANY postseason ANYTHING this year we take it. I don't care if it is an embarrassment. The extra practice for the younger guys with a REAL coach would be worth it.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 01-30-2016 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Great win tonight. A conference road win is always good no matter who the opponent. Bama comes to the Hump next and that's a winnable game