Thread: #1 draft pick

Banned
    vCash

#1 draft pick

goes to the Tennessee Titans. Who would you take #1? I think they have to take a LT to protect Mariota and the top LT on the board is Big Softie. Unbelievable that Tunsil is one of the early favorites to go #1 overall. Nobody stands out to me as being worthy of #1 this year. It might be a deep draft but it certainly is weak at the very top. I would trade down if I am the Titans.

vCash
    Trade it. Titans have way too many holes. And LT isn't as glaring as everyone wants it to be. Lewan is your guy there so you are essentially using the #1 pick on a RT if you take Tunsil.

The problem with the Titans is ownership though. Today was a step in the right direction but nothing will really get better until the team is sold.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Mariota is the future of your franchise so you do whatever you can to make his life easier. That's getting a franchise LT to protect his blindside. Tunsil is the no brainer pick IMO.

vCash
    I think they're set at LT, Lewan is fine. It's everywhere else on the line that they need to upgrade, which aren't usually top 5-10 picks. As much as I like the idea of an elite LT in Tunsil drafted to play RT, you can't pay a RT #1 money. I agree that they should trade down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    I think they're set at LT, Lewan is fine. It's everywhere else on the line that they need to upgrade, which aren't usually top 5-10 picks. As much as I like the idea of an elite LT in Tunsil drafted to play RT, you can't pay a RT #1 money. I agree that they should trade down.

Bingo. Lewan has a lot of room to improve, but with as much help as the Titans need moving on from him now would be foolish.

Sidenote, I met Lewan on New Year's Eve and found it odd that he was out yesterday with a concussion but was pounding beers at the Kings of Leon concert on Broadway on Thursday.

vCash
    double post

vCash
    Only problem with moving down is there is usually a coveted must have that makes it easy to do. There really isn't that guy in this draft. With as much as you have to give up to move up in the draft I think it's going to be tough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Only problem with moving down is there is usually a coveted must have that makes it easy to do. There really isn't that guy in this draft. With as much as you have to give up to move up in the draft I think it's going to be tough.

Cleveland will be taking a QB. So you talk to SF at 7, Philly at 13, St Louis at 15 and tell them if you want your guy, you better move up to 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Cleveland will be taking a QB. So you talk to SF at 7, Philly at 13, St Louis at 15 and tell them if you want your guy, you better move up to 1.
    Yea but going from 7 to 1 would probably cost you 3 1st rd draft picks. Are teams willing to do that to there future for Jared Goff or Paxton Lynch? I guess that's the million dollar question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbo View Post
    Trade it. Titans have way too many holes. And LT isn't as glaring as everyone wants it to be. Lewan is your guy there so you are essentially using the #1 pick on a RT if you take Tunsil.

The problem with the Titans is ownership though. Today was a step in the right direction but nothing will really get better until the team is sold.
    Nailed it. The Adams family isn't interested in winning. They want a team that's just competitive enough to keep butts in seats, but they aren't serious about putting a contender on the field. Thus why I kicked the Titans to the curb and became a Texans fan. They may suck at times, but I never question whether or not the McNair family wants to win.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Just my opinion:

1. Tunsil. This is a no brainer. Most important position in the NFL other than QB is LT and Tunsil is a franchise LT.

2. I think Cleveland takes whatever QB they grade out the highest. I think it's Paxton Lynch but could be Goff from Cal.

vCash
    I don't keep up with the Titans too much...but if Lewan is solid, why not draft Tunsil and trade Lewan and a pick to someone for another first rounder, or something like that? Then you get a better LT and still get another 1st rounder....or is Lewan not going to get that kind of trade value?

Senior Member PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    I kicked the Titans to the curb and became a Texans fan.
    Good riddance. Have fun sucking jj watt's dick & watching bill o'brien trying to turn your team into a shitty imitation of the patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    Just my opinion:

1. Tunsil. This is a no brainer.
    I've been rooting against us getting the top pick for weeks now but resigned myself to it during yesterday's game. He will go #1 & we will all have to hear how UNM churns out #1 draft picks & how he couldn't have gotten there without freeze's discipline & luke's tutelage. So brace yourselves for that & ill brace myself for spending the top pick on a guy who will never play more than 9 games in an NFL season, has to relearn how to block in an offense that isn't 90% bubble screens, & might beat up one of our coaches if he tells him not to get in the yellow convertible.

Firing our "GM" & UNM alum ruston webster made me feel much better, but BS will be the pick. Lewan's problem is trying to manhandle ppl like he did in college, which leads to him giving up leverage & getting beat wide too often. I see us moving Lewan to RT & drafting BS.

Banned
    vCash
    Ole Miss will shower Big Feces with love and celebrate it like Paris when the Yanks rode through town meanwhile they won't say jack shit about Nkemdiche.

vCash
    The majority of this draft should focus on defense in the first round. There's a bunch of playmakers out there on D and the O looks to be really, really thin. Horrible QB class, Wr class, OT class, and RBs class IMO. TE is pretty strong.

vCash
    I would definitely trade it if you can get some value out of it. Like a 2nd round and a 4th round or something. They need like 5 quality players, RB, OT, OG, DB, Nickel.... they need some guys big time. Too many spots to spend that money on the #1 overall. Plus there really isn't a player that is a full on standout #1 pick out there. If and its a big IF, Fournette was coming out this year, I would take him #1 overall.