Returning players...
    Q
    Holman
    Strugg
    Ready (most likely)

Possible returns...
    Malik (looking more likely)
    Ndoye (I say no way)

If it's looking like Malik will declare, do we sign another player in the spring? If Malik does return, I think we should let ndoye walk and pursue a transfer with final scholarship.

Whether Malik stays or goes, we will finally have upper sec level talent... Just young

vCash
    Biggest Difference is that though these guys may be young, they will all want to play together, have fun and compete. That is something that can't be taught IMO.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    We'll have an extra scholarship bc I believe Malik is leaving. So yes we'll sign another big this spring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    We'll have an extra scholarship bc I believe Malik is leaving. So yes we'll sign another big this spring.
    Do you think we'll pursue a transfer and encourage someone to leave? I really think we should

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Do you think we'll pursue a transfer and encourage someone to leave? I really think we should
    We may but we're never going to have 13 legit big time players. It doesn't happen.

vCash
    Help me fill out our line-up here.

PG
    Ready
    Peters

SG
    Kegler
    WEathersppon

SF
    Stapleton

PF
    Ado
    Holman

C
    Herard
    Strugg

What are Carter and Wright? And what would our starting five look like?

vCash
    We may but we're never going to have 13 legit big time players. It doesn't happen.
    Probably not, but no reason to hold one we know can't play. Take a shot on another project

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Help me fill out our line-up here.

PG
    Ready
    Peters

SG
    Kegler
    WEathersppon

SF
    Stapleton

PF
    Ado
    Holman

C
    Herard
    Strugg

What are Carter and Wright? And what would our starting five look like?
    Carter and wright both SG. Hopefully some of these 2's can play the 3

vCash
    I think Wright could play the 3 exceptionally well.

vCash
    Carter is a combo guard and Wright is a SG. Our starting five would most likely be:

PG - Peters/Carter some at point/Malik if he comes back 4-5 star area here
    SG - Q/Carter/Wright 4 star talent here
    SF - Kegler/Stapleton/Wright some here 4 or 5 star talent
    PF - Holman/Kegler/Ado 4 or 5 star talent
    C - Herard/Ado 4 star talent here

That's a nine man rotation that will finish in top half of the SEC next year and will possibly win it in year two when they are all together. I think only Kentucky can match that amount of talent. Can you guys see why the wait until next year mantra is actually real?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Carter is a combo guard and Wright is a SG. Our starting five would most likely be:

That's a nine man rotation that will finish in top half of the SEC next year and will possibly win it in year two when they are all together. I think only Kentucky can match that amount of talent. Can you guys see why the wait until next year mantra is actually real?
    Just expecting Ready to disappear?

vCash
    I think we will be fine if Malik goes or stays. We have plenty of back court depth coming in. It would be great if Crean gets fired and Davis miraculously decided to drop his LOI to sign with us. I can dream can't I?

vCash
    Just expecting Ready to disappear?
    I don't think he will be back personally with the talent we have at the point. He would have to improve 10000000% to get playing time in that lineup.

vCash
    I don't think he will be back personally with the talent we have at the point. He would have to improve 10000000% to get playing time in that lineup.
    That's what was said before this year too & he's leading the team in minutes played. Whatever the fans think about Ready it's obvious Howland doesn't feel the same way.

vCash
    That's what was said before this year too & he's leading the team in minutes played. Whatever the fans think about Ready it's obvious Howland doesn't feel the same way.
    I don't think Howland could drop him this year and we are in a bind since Malik hasn't transitioned as fast to the PG position as we had hoped. If Ready could just be a distributor and not jack up a bazillion shots, I could see keeping him. With the talent we will have on the floor next year, he should literally be the fifth option on the floor to score at all times. He is an undersized defensive liability. I just don't see any rational reason to keep him if you have your guys in place you want playing the point.

vCash
    I don't think Howland could drop him this year and we are in a bind since Malik hasn't transitioned as fast to the PG position as we had hoped. If Ready could just be a distributor and not jack up a bazillion shots, I could see keeping him. With the talent we will have on the floor next year, he should literally be the fifth option on the floor to score at all times. He is an undersized defensive liability. I just don't see any rational reason to keep him if you have your guys in place you want playing the point.
    I'm saying he's not going from 30min/game to can't get on the floor. That's just not a rational/logical statement. Malik & Q couln't push him off the court but Peters & Tyson will? Good luck with that.

vCash
    I'm saying he's not going from 30min/game to can't get on the floor. That's just not a rational/logical statement. Malik & Q couln't push him off the court but Peters & Tyson will? Good luck with that.
    Malik and Q aren't natural point guards. Peters is and will push and overtake Ready easily IMO. Heck, Carter IMO is a better point guard then Ready. Malik is having to learn on the fly which gives Ready an advantage THIS year. As Malik adjusts, he will eventually over take Ready. As stated earlier in this thread, the only way I keep Ready next year is if he is a pass first point guard. We don't need Ready to shoot that much at all. 5-7 shots a game is really all we need from him with the scoring options we have next year.

vCash

This looks like the best line up..... I don't think Malik will play PG if he returns. Also, Carter is one hell of an in town recruiter.

vCash
    IYOK is Kegler still a grade risk? I thought you may have mentioned this a while back before he committed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by djaymsu5 View Post
    IYOK is Kegler still a grade risk? I thought you may have mentioned this a while back before he committed
    He can't slip but he's expected to make it.