Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Basketball

vCash

Basketball

I have not missed any games (radio, tv, in person) the last 3 years, but jeez... I'm about at my breaking point. I'm not worried about Howland long term just yet, but I'm disappointed big time with this start.

vCash
    This is a bad start, but the guy hasn't worked with Helen Keller before...

Banned
    vCash
    we suck shit and Howland has not done a good job of re-directing these players with his new leadership.

he deserves to show what he can do with his new players once they get here. . we will see. but he's done a poor sales job on his new gig. the players have more "don't give a shit" than I've seen in a long time.

I don't think anybody can honestly say Ray would be doing any worse at this point. the transition has not been smooth thus far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I have not missed any games (radio, tv, in person) the last 3 years, but jeez... I'm about at my breaking point. I'm not worried about Howland long term just yet, but I'm disappointed big time with this start.
    I would hold off until after next year. These seniors suck and no amount of coaching helps that. I think next year we will have enough talent on the team to be competitive in every game. I look for us to be in the NIT next year and process Ndoye and Ready. I think we will be in good shape one that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    we suck shit and Howland has not done a good job of re-directing these players with his new leadership.

he deserves to show what he can do with his new players once they get here. . we will see. but he's done a poor sales job on his new gig. the players have more "don't give a shit" than I've seen in a long time.

I don't think anybody can honestly say Ray would be doing any worse at this point. the transition has not been smooth thus far.
    How can you coach players that don't give a shit? The seniors plus Ready are a cancer that needs to be flushed.

vCash
    Howland needs to have his own players. I don't know if it is just new coach/new style of play, lack of talent, or the Ray guys do not like Howland. It is definitely worse than I thought it would be, but it's not like Howland suddenly forgot how to coach.

vCash
    The not giving a shit is what pisses me off. I understand our roster isn't good, but the laziness is just sad. No screens or anything. It's just infuriating.

vCash
    Another aspect is that we are so hungry for success in basketball that we are naturally impatient. We had a really really bad coach for 3 years. Difficult to bounce back from that immediately.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    How can you coach players that don't give a shit? The seniors plus Ready are a cancer that needs to be flushed.
    Great Coaches inspire youngsters. hey, maybe he was dealt a hand that was insurmountable , I dunno, I'm not an insider and God knows I have no SEC coaching experience nor do I claim to even know one that does.

But good Lord man, I mean Shit. 17, shit. inspiration , changing attitudes and shit. , damn, ....something's just not adding up here. this shit just ain't right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Another aspect is that we are so hungry for success in basketball that we are naturally impatient. We had a really really bad coach for 3 years. Difficult to bounce back from that immediately.
    We were a team that last year was competitive for the most part and lost alot of close games. We have added more talent and are a year older- and we might be worse. Howland is doing a shit job this year.

He will get the talent in and the program will get better. But coaching-wise- Howland gets a D
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Maybe it is just the older players hating Howland then. It's not like a guy with Howlands resume just forgets how to be a good coach after taking a short hiatus.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Nies Grind Time View Post
    Maybe it is just the older players hating Howland then. It's not like a guy with Howlands resume just forgets how to be a good coach after taking a short hiatus.
    it seems he has lost the will to be a good coach. maybe UCLA knew something we don't. UCLA has a little bit of hoops knowledge. you don't can a guy with 3 final 4's just for shit's and giggles. maybe they took a dump and are laughing at our asses while they flush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We were a team that last year was competitive for the most part and lost alot of close games. We have added more talent and are a year older- and we might be worse. Howland is doing a shit job this year.

He will get the talent in and the program will get better. But coaching-wise- Howland gets a D
    We are doing the same things we did last year only the defense is worse because of the foul mandate. You add Ray coaching with the mandate and you would have a bigger worse no hope shit show. At least we have a light at the end of the tunnel and will have 9 4 star plus players on this team next year. I am just taking it for what it's worth. We more then likely will finish above .500 at the end of the year. I am assuming we will be 7-5 to finish off the non conference and I am thinking we go 15-15 or so to end the year with no post season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    it seems he has lost the will to be a good coach. maybe UCLA knew something we don't. UCLA has a little bit of hoops knowledge. you don't can a guy with 3 final 4's just for shit's and giggles. maybe they took a dump and are laughing at our asses while they flush.
    This is just plain stupid talk right here. We suck this year but we will be much more talented and competitive next year. Why judge Howland at all when everyone knows we have shitty talent and had a very hampered Malik Newman to open the season.

vCash
    Give me a break. Why would he be busting his ass on the recruiting trail if he was just collecting a paycheck?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Exactly. Sadly, they just aren't winners. They don't know how to win. They don't know that the individual has to sacrifice in order for the team to win. The fact that there are supposedly locker-room issues is hilarious. ****ing hilarious. Talk about a bunch of delusional dumbasses.

You know what all of these things add up to? Being losers.

Next year we will be better.

vCash
    I can't watch our team right now. It's way too incensing! This team is going to have to start showing improvement before I can watch another game.

vCash
    The guys we have are just not very smart in basketball terms. Ware, bless his heart has club feet while trying to defend. He doesn't know how to hold his arms straight up around the basket. He just HAS to reach out and commit the foul. Won't even bother with the Ready defense. Chicken cramps up every other minute of the game and has been that since he's been on campus. I'm looking forward to the new squad next year.

vCash
    Guys it's a mixture of things in my opinion. For one I don't think the older players like Howland and they are not giving their all. I don't think they care too much for Malik getting the spotlight(especially sword and ready). Also it's mainly lack of depth in the frontcourt which we have talked about numerous times and the biggest is just lack of freaking talent. I mean Malik and Q are freshman and look how much better and ahead they look than the rest of the team. In basketball stars really do matter. Once we get all of our talent here and all the young players that were recruited by Howland buy in we will start to roll. I'm not saying to give up on this season but I wouldn't expect very much out of it. These seniors and even juniors have lost the entire time they've been here. They don't know how to win and they can't finish games. The lack of depth or talent in the front court doesn't help either. Howland is not a bad coach! He will get it together and we will be a very very good team if not next year in 2017. If he can't win with the new talent coming in then we have problems but at this point I don't think he owes all the blame with the effort his seniors and juniors are giving him. They just suck there is no easy way to put it.

vCash
    And btw what happened to Malik? I saw him shooting those free throws holding his ear or jaw. But I didn't see what happened.