Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with a pistol question guys...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    This is what I have: Springfield XD9

I'm very accurate with it within 25-30 yards, and my wife can shoot it. I paid $400 from a local gun shop. I would suggest going to a place like that. It doesn't have all the fancy safeties and things like that, but it gets the job done. I use it for the same reasons you want. Has two clips, holds 12 and 17 rounds. The 17 rounder lengthens the base so it fits in your hand. As far as the safeties go, combined with keeping it your person (for fear of pulling a Cheddar Bob), that's not an issue for me, because I'm not going to chamber a round until after I pull the pistol. And let's face it, if someone blitzkriegs you, you can't pull the gun in time anyway.

Springfield is the best gun on the market IMO. I shoot a good bit (most with shotguns and rifles), but I didn't know much about handguns until a year ago when I bought this.

ETA: That Shield 9MM sounds very similar.
    Thanks Goat. My Father in law has that same Springfield you have, and seems to like it a lot. That's good info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Thanks Goat. My Father in law has that same Springfield you have, and seems to like it a lot. That's good info
    I love my Springfield 1911. Love it! If I were checking out the xd9, I would certainly check out the XDS also. Concealed carry .45 ACP. I haven't shot one yet, but it sure is intriguing to me. I just haven't bought one because I have the Shield and the two are very similar other than caliber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    I love my Springfield 1911. Love it! If I were checking out the xd9, I would certainly check out the XDS also. Concealed carry .45 ACP. I haven't shot one yet, but it sure is intriguing to me. I just haven't bought one because I have the Shield and the two are very similar other than caliber.
    I had a 1911 45acp Springfield in stainless - customized grip, Wilson trigger that was stolen out of my truck ..... I swear that was my favorite pistol and I used to have several handguns ... called the Sheriffs dept back in Ga. a couple days ago just to keep up my contact info in case it ever turns up .... for playing I loved my Python - for carrying I loved that 1911 - for hunting I love my Super Redhawk
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Isn't .45 ammo harder to find? That's ultimately why I went with the 9.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    Isn't .45 ammo harder to find? That's ultimately why I went with the 9.
    Sometimes yes. Not right now though. I buy it anytime I want these days. It's pretty much everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I had a 1911 45acp Springfield in stainless - customized grip, Wilson trigger that was stolen out of my truck ..... I swear that was my favorite pistol and I used to have several handguns ... called the Sheriffs dept back in Ga. a couple days ago just to keep up my contact info in case it ever turns up .... for playing I loved my Python - for carrying I loved that 1911 - for hunting I love my Super Redhawk
    Mine is my nightstand gun and the gun I carry when I'm not worried about true concealment. Besides, if I run out of bullets I can club somebody to death with it!!!!

vCash
    I carry a M&P 40C and love it. Wanted the knock down power of the 40 but I have several friends that carry 9s. It all about personal preference. I can conceal mine just fine. Most gun shops will let you see what's best for you. You can buy from a big store but I recommend going to a gun shop and getting their opinions and all first.

vCash
    I just purchased a Springfield XDS .45. Haven't fired it yet, but found this good comparison of that model and the shield:

http://www.shootersplus.com/shooters.../shield_vs_xds

vCash
    love a .45 - but remember, shorter barrels develop less energy
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Just say to hell with it and get a desert eagle 50.

Banned
    vCash
    I have a pistol question regarding open/concealed carry. Now I'm no expert so logically what are the reasons that one needs a permit to conceal carry but not to open carry?

And if the concealed weapon is spotted, wouldn't that just make it "open"?

vCash
    Dang Clint, I just knew you were packing a 44 magnum?

Pietro Beretta (made in Italy) 40 Cal. But like someone said having anything is better than nothing. I also like a S&W 38.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Dang Clint, I just knew you were packing a 44 magnum?

Pietro Beretta (made in Italy) 40 Cal. But like someone said having anything is better than nothing. I also like a S&W 38.
    clint totes a model 29 Classic with full underlug .... and leaps tall buildings

Banned
    vCash
    So, what are the reasons that one needs a permit to conceal carry but not to open carry? Am I correct that anyone can open carry plain as day with no permit, per the map?