Thread: DeRunnya Wilson repeats as 5A POY in basketball

vCash

DeRunnya Wilson repeats as 5A POY in basketball

as this guy decides to play football instead- and possibly join the basketball team....very interesting

vCash
    I don't know where it would be more exciting to have him - football or basketball. Given our severe depth issues, his two time POY status, hoops seems natural. That said, we lost five WR's and need immediate players. I'm sure Ross will be one, but we will need at least 1-2 more ready to go come August.

vCash
    I sure hope he red-shirts in football, he might even start for us in Basketball.

He is Mr. Basketball for the State of Alabama 2013... Congrats!!!

We now have the 2012 and 2013 Mr. Basketball from Alabama on our team..

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...ss-basketball/
    Last edited by fishwater99; 04-04-2013 at 02:33 PM.

vCash
    I'd rather have him in basketball, but that's me. He's really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 12five98 View Post
    I'd rather have him in basketball, but that's me. He's really good.
    I agree with this 100%. He may be 'ok' as a WR but he has solid proven track record on the basketball court. I think he's only played football one or two years at the most.

vCash
    I want him playing both. He could turn into a dynamic TE if he beefed up a little.

vCash
    I totally forgot about him when we were talking about players that could make an impact as a freshman. Having him and Malcolm in the same set could be a really good thing for us- he gives us some height that we didn't really have last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I totally forgot about him when we were talking about players that could make an impact as a freshman. Having him and Malcolm in the same set could be a really good thing for us- he gives us some height that we didn't really have last year.
    The thing is- he is still learning to play football and may have to RS just because of his lack of experience. They say he is a freakish athlete- just his knowledge is behind the curve

I just find it odd that the two time 5A basketball POY wants to play football over basketball

vCash
    Is POY a different award from Mr. Alabama in basketball? Which was it Sword won?

vCash
    There the same award.. Both Sword and Wilson were Mr. Alambama in basketball

vCash
    They are not the same award.

They have a POY for 1A - 6A, then there is Mr. Basketball(best of all Divisions).