Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 MSU Football Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Totally disagree with this approach. You take the kids in recruiting and then make/allow the numbers work out. Oversigning strengthens the roster. Right now we've got kids in their 3rd or 4th year that have no business still being on scholarship if we are going to actually compete at a higher level than we have been. We saw a lot of good attrition in early Mullen teams -- not so much lately.
    Right, the biggest screwup was not signing Dylan Bradley (who would have played alot for Us). Now it looks like we are going to screw up Simmons. Stevie Wonder could see Bradley could play and the fact that His brother is a Stud really makes us look stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    We need to sign 8-10 OL / DL every year...
    Shirley you don't mean 8 on each side? If so, that's insane. IYOK is saying 8-9 "total".

vCash
    We should NEVER get outworked by anyone ( Bama , LSU, OM) for an instate prospect if we want him and he has interest in us.. Since we don't recruit outside the bordering states that much...
    according to me discussing our recruiting with some HighSchool Coaches--we get our ass out worked every year. I reffed for 30 years and I know several HS Coaches. Plus I have some that are Kin to me. They pretty much say Hughes was only sure fire recruiter. it pretty much sucks for Us to lose a Kid from the Golden Triangle. I would have to say our reputation is we are Lazy recruiters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'm not saying we get Jeffery but anybody saying we haven't recruited him as hard as other schools are just talking bc that's just not true.
    Don't know why the Coach I talked to would lie to Me. he said it looks like Bama. And we have not been hard after Him.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    Don't know why the Coach I talked to would lie to Me. he said it looks like Bama. And we have not been hard after Him.
    I'm not calling anybody a liar. I'm just saying I've heard the exact opposite from folks from Noxubee & folks from MSU side. I'm not saying he's a lock but I'm saying we're going all out for Jeffery & not half ass recruiting him. I feel confident in saying that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    I have a good friend, state grad, played for Jackie, coaches in the state and bad mouths our coaches even Hughes somewhat. He has an agenda and I know it because of a certain situation. We have talked about it and disagree completely with each other but have stayed friends. Just don't discuss recruiting with each other. I know from his perspective the situation left a bad taste in his mouth. But Hughes was the one who discovered the situation or at least brought to the staff's attention. People are human and have agendas. Another friend played OL for Jackie absolutely hates Mullen but loves Hev and thinks he is a great OL coach. What little information I know I don't buy we are being out worked for Simmons or AJ or Lashley. Just don't see it. Now there are ebbs and flows in recruiting kids get a push from somewhere other than where they spend the bulk of their time (Simmons and AJ go to a lot of practices) and maybe there is a perception issue with that coach. But we have spent more time with those players than any other 2 or 3 schools combined.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    I'm not calling anybody a liar. I'm just saying I've heard the exact opposite from folks from Noxubee & folks from MSU side. I'm not saying he's a lock but I'm saying we're going all out for Jeffery & not half ass recruiting him. I feel confident in saying that.
    Well I'm glad you said that. i just talked to someone else that is really close to the situation and He says We are still in the Mix, but he said Ole Miss is working their ass off .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I have a good friend, state grad, played for Jackie, coaches in the state and bad mouths our coaches even Hughes somewhat. He has an agenda and I know it because of a certain situation. We have talked about it and disagree completely with each other but have stayed friends. Just don't discuss recruiting with each other. I know from his perspective the situation left a bad taste in his mouth. But Hughes was the one who discovered the situation or at least brought to the staff's attention. People are human and have agendas. Another friend played OL for Jackie absolutely hates Mullen but loves Hev and thinks he is a great OL coach. What little information I know I don't buy we are being out worked for Simmons or AJ or Lashley. Just don't see it. Now there are ebbs and flows in recruiting kids get a push from somewhere other than where they spend the bulk of their time (Simmons and AJ go to a lot of practices) and maybe there is a perception issue with that coach. But we have spent more time with those players than any other 2 or 3 schools combined.
    Thanks for the info--we should spend lot of time with those two-they are the best 2 players in the State and maybe tops in the South and they are in our backdoor. I know we have some good people from here hoping he goes to State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Shirley you don't mean 8 on each side? If so, that's insane. IYOK is saying 8-9 "total".
    "Surely" you don't think I was saying we spend 16-20 scholarships on DL / OL...
    You can never have enough depth on the DL or OL..

vCash
    "Surely" you don't think I was saying we spend 16-20 scholarships on DL / OL...
    You can never have enough depth on the DL or OL..
    Shirley you don't think I don't know how to spell surely...I think 8-10 is sometimes overkill. It always needs to be 5-9 (at least...and possibly more depending on attrition), but there are years where 5 total (depending on how many you signed/retained in the previous class (and to a smaller degree, the class before that) is sufficient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Shirley you don't think I don't know how to spell surely...I think 8-10 is sometimes overkill. It always needs to be 5-9 (at least...and possibly more depending on attrition), but there are years where 5 total (depending on how many you signed/retained in the previous class (and to a smaller degree, the class before that) is sufficient.
    if you have classes where you sign 5 total OL/DL - then you better be damn sure that you didn't miss in a single class ahead of it of it. Even then, I don't like the idea of signing 5 players for 9 starting spots.

vCash
    28 I don't know what your angle is but something was striking me funny about your post about Hev. You have been on the Banks agenda months ago and brought Hev then as well. Why you are acting like you just got new info that Hev is the recruiter? Don't be sneaky trying to play it off as new info when you have been pushing this kid all along. I like Banks as well but the numbers being tight with DB's haven't changed and we have to add more to the DL than expected back then. Also, did he come to any of our camps this summer?
    Nothing sneaky about it or an agenda. It bothers me that a players son isn't at least looked at seriously. That's no loyalty imo. Wherever he goes he'll make an Impact. And it doesn't take a MSU camp to recognize talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    Nothing sneaky about it or an agenda. It bothers me that a players son isn't at least looked at seriously. That's no loyalty imo. Wherever he goes he'll make an Impact. And it doesn't take a MSU camp to recognize talent.
    It was already discussed in May when you started a thread about this then and stating the same stuff then as you have now. And being talked about again in another thread. It is what it is but it was pretty misleading to bring up Hev like you just got the info when you said some of the same stuff months ago. Hence the appearance of an agenda along with your push for Banks. I like him. Wish we had offered but can see how the spots are too tight.

vCash
    It was already discussed in May when you started a thread about this then and stating the same stuff then as you have now. And being talked about again in another thread. It is what it is but it was pretty misleading to bring up Hev like you just got the info when you said some of the same stuff months ago. Hence the appearance of an agenda along with your push for Banks. I like him. Wish we had offered but can see how the spots are too tight.
    Honesty, it doesn't matter to me who the recruiter is. My only point is we're dropping the ball. And we didn't have to because the play was a easy handoff that could have occurred. If he goes to Bama and torches our asses you'll feel different then. If he becomes a star and is asked my didn't you go to State like your father? When he answers honestly that we didn't recruit him our entire staff looks like idiots nationally.

vCash
    Honesty, it doesn't matter to me who the recruiter is. My only point is we're dropping the ball. And we didn't have to because the play was a easy handoff that could have occurred. If he goes to Bama and torches our asses you'll feel different then. If he becomes a star and is asked my didn't you go to State like your father? When he answers honestly that we didn't recruit him our entire staff looks like idiots nationally.
    Nationally? Nationally nobody will have a clue or care if we did or didn't offer him. And there are a lot of If's in your statement. He has a better chance of going to Bama and never playing than he does blowing up. Is his offer committable or is his offer a backup plan? Hope he does have a great career but again who are you dropping to add him? Where are you going to play him?

vCash
    Nationally? Nationally nobody will have a clue or care if we did or didn't offer him. And there are a lot of If's in your statement. He has a better chance of going to Bama and never playing than he does blowing up. Is his offer committable or is his offer a backup plan? Hope he does have a great career but again who are you dropping to add him? Where are you going to play him?
    Lol....what part of Bama offered don't you get? Everyone we have committed has a high chance of tanking so what are you saying? Nothing is guaranteed. And last I checked we don't any commit with a Bama offer. South Carolina offered the following day so we're still behind. He's already committed to North Carolina so he doesn't have to change anything. However,If he came to State I'd play him at corner that's the position of need.
    Last edited by bulldawg28; 12-29-2015 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    if you have classes where you sign 5 total OL/DL - then you better be damn sure that you didn't miss in a single class ahead of it of it. Even then, I don't like the idea of signing 5 players for 9 starting spots.
    Exactly .. In the Sec you better have 16 sec ready guys to play every weekend
    And this year apparently we didn't
    Last edited by mic; 12-29-2015 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Lol....what part of Bama offered don't you get? Everyone we have committed has a high chance of tanking so what are you saying? Nothing is guaranteed. And last I checked we don't any commit with a Bama offer. South Carolina offered the following day so we're still behind. He's already committed to North Carolina so he doesn't have to change anything. However,If he came to State I'd play him at corner that's the position of need.
    There is a difference in offers. I don't know if it is committable right now or not. It may be. Buts not uncommon as a back up plan for larger schools. And for the 3rd or 4th time I already said I would have probably offered him but you are offering him as a CB and everybody else as WR. Does he prefer WR? And who are you dropping at CB to add him?

vCash
    There is a difference in offers. I don't know if it is committable right now or not. It may be. Buts not uncommon as a back up plan for larger schools. And for the 3rd or 4th time I already said I would have probably offered him but you are offering him as a CB and everybody else as WR. Does he prefer WR? And who are you dropping at CB to add him?
    I just told you it's committable. He honestly doesn't care or prefer any position. Being that Knott is not sure you get a player that can do everything and more with Banks.

vCash
    I just told you it's committable. He honestly doesn't care or prefer any position. Being that Knott is not sure you get a player that can do everything and more with Banks.
    No. You said what part of Bama offered did I not get. An offer doesn't mean he is necessarily a take right now for them. There is a difference and you didn't clarify.