Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan's gotta go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well said. If Mullen leaves, we are going to the get the dregs of the coaching picking-order. Not to mention the effect that will have on the current recruiting class.
    No we will not get the dregs. This is a SEC job. Great salary. Great facilities. Sell-out crowds. Oh and the recruiting class... you mean the one that is ranked in the 40s?

Dan has mailed it in. That more than anything is unacceptable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    We can literally double the salary of over half the coaches in the country... For example, I've seen people bandying Fedora's name around -- he only makes 1.9m at UNC.
    You think money is the only issue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelightstar View Post
    We can literally double the salary of over half the coaches in the country... For example, I've seen people bandying Fedora's name around -- he only makes 1.9m at UNC.
    And Fedora left USM because they couldn't afford his assistants. So, getting Monken to take a long look would not be difficult either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    People need to hold off for another year.
    America accepts mediocre effort too much. We dont need it in coaching. Think of what a coach who actually cares can do with what we have coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    And Fedora left USM because they couldn't afford his assistants. So, getting Monken to take a long look would not be difficult either.
    Sorry but I'm gonna be more pissed than I am right now if ****ing Monken is the best we can do

vCash
    A class that's not really great too!

People are way to emotional right now. Now is the time to be consistent because of all the shake ups. We return a lot next year. People need to hold off for another year.
    You are correct, we do return a lot next year. But, we will continue to get the same results if something doesn't change. I'm not saying fire him but Stricklin needs to light a fire under him somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    No we will not get the dregs. This is a SEC job. Great salary. Great facilities. Sell-out crowds. Oh and the recruiting class... you mean the one that is ranked in the 40s?

Dan has mailed it in. That more than anything is unacceptable.
    On well in that case! Since we are the SEC BABY! You need to grasp that the current system don't give 2 tricks about the SEC. Iowa... Etc etc... Houston is upping their pay etc..

I'm all for Ms St and the future, but now isn't the time. Next year will be if he doesn't produce.

vCash
    Oh and the recruiting class... you mean the one that is ranked in the 40s?

And what do you think will happen to it when recruits start jumping ship. Things can get a lot worse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Sorry but I'm gonna be more pissed than I am right now if ****ing Monken is the best we can do
    We ain't getting Chip Kelly. And Monken ain't a bad coach.

vCash
    And what do you think will happen to it when recruits start jumping ship. Things can get a lot worse.
    I could accept a short-term loss for a long-term gain.

vCash
    I could accept a short-term loss for a long-term gain.
    Go ahead and expect a long term loss. There may be a gain, but it ain't gonna be quick. We're behind the 8-ball as is.

vCash
    On well in that case! Since we are the SEC BABY! You need to grasp that the current system don't give 2 tricks about the SEC. Iowa... Etc etc... Houston is upping their pay etc..

I'm all for Ms St and the future, but now isn't the time. Next year will be if he doesn't produce.
    This is a hard lesson we learned from the Sherrill, Stansbury, and Polk II eras. When you know that something has to be done, you gotta pull the trigger. One more year is another year down the hole. It may be acceptable for you to watch the same old shit next year, but I've seen enough.

vCash
    Then by all means let's keep rolling with this dumpster fire. I'm sure it will get better **

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryDawg View Post
    You are correct, we do return a lot next year. But, we will continue to get the same results if something doesn't change. I'm not saying fire him but Stricklin needs to light a fire under him somehow.
    That I agree with! Here's the thing, lok around at what the SEC west and what's happening. Ole Miss falling off the planet with players moving on. Bama is going to change drastically due to their coaches leaving.... LSU.. New coaches... Etc.

Showing some consistency in a down year with a few replacements.,.. That would be the plan.

We aren't looking at he whole picture either. What made Dak great? The fact that Dan hired a qb coach. That coach has Fitz performing better than Dak was at the same class. Dan goes, he goes.

vCash
    double post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    Then by all means let's keep rolling with this dumpster fire. I'm sure it will get better **
    That's not what I'm saying at all, Green. I'm just a little surprised that people think all we have to do is change coaches and everything will be all good, while ignoring the fact that there are a shit ton of teams that are also hiring new coaches. Yes we are in the SEC; yes we can afford to spend money on a coach; yes we have fan support, facilities, etc.; but, it's tough to win in the SEC West, and most everyone is getting better.

vCash
    That I agree with! Here's the thing, lok around at what the SEC west and what's happening. Ole Miss falling off the planet with players moving on. Bama is going to change drastically due to their coaches leaving.... LSU.. New coaches... Etc.

Showing some consistency in a down year with a few replacements.,.. That would be the plan.

We aren't looking at he whole picture either. What made Dak great? The fact that Dan hired a qb coach. That coach has Fitz performing better than Dak was at the same class. Dan goes, he goes.
    LSU ain't changing coaches...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    This is a hard lesson we learned from the Sherrill, Stansbury, and Polk II eras. When you know that something has to be done, you gotta pull the trigger. One more year is another year down the hole. It may be acceptable for you to watch the same old shit next year, but I've seen enough.
    Really? Because basketball did so well after? Football improved how far down the line?

Personally, I agree... When something needs to be done.. Do it. Over all, Dan is the guy who has made changes to the staff to better he program. We will see that again if he does indeed stay.

vCash
    That's not what I'm saying at all, Green. I'm just a little surprised that people think all we have to do is change coaches and everything will be all good, while ignoring the fact that there are a shit ton of teams that are also hiring new coaches. Yes we are in the SEC; yes we can afford to spend money on a coach; yes we have fan support, facilities, etc.; but, it's tough to win in the SEC West, and most everyone is getting better.
    You're right about that. I get that people are nervous that we could end up with our 4th or 5th option and he be another croom. Although we think this job is great a lot of coaches in other parts of the country probably don't see it that way. But I still say we have to take that chance and move on. Mullen did wonders for this program but it's time to part ways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    LSU ain't changing coaches...
    They may not. But I think LSU is beatable with Dan. I think Saban and freeze is all that stops us next year and I feel we can beat one of them.

I would not be surprised to see us ranked top 10 mid season.