Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan's gotta go.

vCash

Dan's gotta go.

I don't want to hear "we finished better than expected." I don't want to hear "we go bowling every year." I don't want to hear "they have more talent than we do."

I for sure don't want anyone to blame thanksgiving. That's retarded - it had nothing to do with this. We've seen this level of effort out of this team several times this year.

These are facts:

- for at least half of our games this year, we have come out flat, low-energy, and poorly prepared.
    - our defense continuously puts the team in huge holes early
    - our offensive line is a shit show
    - play calling is atrocious. Atrocious is actually too nice of a word. I remember a lot of Florida fans talking about how glad they were to see Mullen go, and I get it.
    - we lack effort
    - this is the poorest tacking team I can ever remember at Mississippi State
    - we have a 160 lb midget as our feature running back. He gave all he had, so I don't blame him, but Mullen has to come up with something better

To wit:

- Late in the second quarter, Dak up the middle on 4th down (terrible play call, but I digress), and he clearly gets the first, but a terrible spot leaves him half a yard short. Why not call a time out and challenge the freaking spot?
    - Knowing Ole Miss will bring heat, we do the same thing we did against Alabama and call pass plays that require time for routes to develop - and then we wonder why Dak gets sacked
    - We know that a key to this game is containing Kelly's scrambling - so we promptly let him run all over us in the first quarter
    - Third and sixteen? Let's play soft coverage, rush three, and give up a 20 yard pass play
    - Had to settle for field goals twice on crucial drives because shitty play calling kept us from getting the ball in the endzone
    - stupid penalties. Especially the false start on the OM four yard line
    - in the 4th quarter we need quick scores, so let's keep running Holloway and running clock

I hope Dan is on his way to Maryland, and I hope he takes Diaz and Hevesy with him.

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Mullen is gone
    Best news I've heard all night

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    good

vCash

Any indication as to where his potential destination is?

nt
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    Please tell me that's a done deal.

vCash
    Coach do you have inside info and if so. Where to?

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    He sure coached like tonight.

vCash
    Mullen isn't going anywhere! And you all better hope c34 is wrong. We are arriving late to a movie halfway over.

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    I know you have mentioned Whittingham, but outside of him who do you see as potential replacements if he does indeed leave?

vCash
    My folks saying he gone too. Just don't know where. I guess Maryland from the smoke earlier this week, but there still a head scratcher unless it's a nice package. Not any easier winning in that division than this one.

Looking like coach was right and the preparation tonight sure as hell reflects that. Don't let the Chevy door hit ya where the good lord split ya, Dan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    We are arriving late to a movie halfway over.
    Well said. If Mullen leaves, we are going to the get the dregs of the coaching picking-order. Not to mention the effect that will have on the current recruiting class.

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    I won't lose any sleep over it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    My folks saying he gone too. Just don't know where. I guess Maryland from the smoke earlier this week, but there still a head scratcher unless it's a nice package. Not any easier winning in that division than this one.

Looking like coach was right and the preparation tonight sure as hell reflects that. Don't let the Chevy door hit ya where the good lord split ya, Dan.
    Think he would love coaching in the Big 10, with all the Northern schools.

vCash
    Mullen has lost his edge. He lost his drive to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Mullen isn't going anywhere! And you all better hope c34 is wrong. We are arriving late to a movie halfway over.
    We can literally double the salary of over half the coaches in the country... For example, I've seen people bandying Fedora's name around -- he only makes 1.9m at UNC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Mullen has lost his edge. He lost his drive to win.
    The Dan Mullen of 2009-10 would kick his ass and call him a p*ssy to his face!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Well said. If Mullen leaves, we are going to the get the dregs of the coaching picking-order. Not to mention the effect that will have on the current recruiting class.
    A class that's not really great too!

People are way to emotional right now. Now is the time to be consistent because of all the shake ups. We return a lot next year. People need to hold off for another year.

vCash
    Mullen is gone
    Dont tease me like that.
    "You're just angry because the truth I speak contradicts the lie you live." -Steve Maraboli

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Our class is in the 40s... Not to worried about the effects on this class