Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2016 Crootin

vCash
    We're getting the best DE/MLB in the state of Alabama, most likely the best receiver in MS and the best DL in MS. We're going to be fine in the "rankings" category you are all worried about.

Knott is going out of state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I thought we signed a very good class last year. I'll reserve judgement on this one till we see what Simmons, aj, lashley, jones, and r. Davis do
    I think we did and it was bolstered by some of the best in-state guys jumping on early and being our best recruiters. Unfortunately we didn't get any top rated guys to jump early this year. While I would still like to see us have more pull for out-of-state guys I would hope last year would be more the norm for the future and not the exception. I mean it was still just barely a Top 20 class by most services so its not something we shouldn't be able to duplicate most years if we are truly trying to compete for championships in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Again I say, IF Dan has hit his ceiling in Starkville, THIS is the reason. Our recruiting profile just hasn't seemed to rise with the rise of the program's profile. You would think with a little effort we would be getting more interest from top line prospects out of state given all the good pub our program has gotten over the past 2 seasons. Heck, Derrick Brown is a guy that if he had the same family connections to OM that he does to us, they would be all over him morning, noon and night.
    Besides that 2013 class, and the QB this year ( who may or may not be good) UMiss haven't done any better than we have.. Look at all the attrition they had the last few years.. The limited red shirts , QBs who haven't panned out and won't, highly rated jucos that haven't lived up to billings or aren't there now...
    If we could recruit OL better I wouldn't trade anything with them...
    Last edited by mic; 11-26-2015 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    I'll take the QB from Landry Walker for the 2017 class who is supposedly leaning our way over Patterson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BankerDog View Post
    I'll take the QB from Landry Walker for the 2017 class who is supposedly leaning our way over Patterson.
    The one thing I'm not worried about here the next few years is QB...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Besides that 2013 class, and the QB this year ( who may or may not be good) they haven't done any better than we have..
    If we could recruit OL better I wouldn't trade anything with them...
    I was mainly talking the effort they would put in to getting a top rated out of state guy like that if both of his parents were OM alums. As far as overall, they probably have recruited slightly more overall talent over the past few years but most of that was in the 2013 class that was consensus top 10. Certainly not a major separation though and its evened out by the fact I don't believe they develop their talent as well as we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    This may be the 1st class with no 2* guys. The ceiling may not be higher than some of our other classes but the floor definitely is.

Still not good for a team who was #1 last year.
    Paul and 247 have done away with 2 stars for MSU commits. Kind of a joke. We have a few that would have been 2 stars a couple of years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Paul and 247 have done away with 2 stars for MSU commits. Kind of a joke. We have a few that would have been 2 stars a couple of years ago.
    Just like all Alabama targets are 4 and 5 stars... turnabout is fair play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randyholloway View Post
    Just like all Alabama targets are 4 and 5 stars... turnabout is fair play.
    No, they actually are 4 and 5 stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    No, they actually are 4 and 5 stars.
    Except at QB.

Banned
    vCash
    Errol Thompson should be a 4* imo