Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fred Ross

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Currently we have 3 te's (I love all 3) committed. Does this mean we don't like our current guys or can we expect more 2 te sets next season to help the running game and new qb?
    Jordan Thomas is being moved inside, Dontea Jones will be limited since we slow play Juco's, and Christian Roberson will redshirt. Justin Johnson will be a stud next year. I'm really upset that we have limited him as of late. He's a hell of a blocker. He's light years better than Walley. I just don't get it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Jordan Thomas is being moved inside, Dontea Jones will be limited since we slow play Juco's, and Christian Roberson will redshirt. Justin Johnson will be a stud next year. I'm really upset that we have limited him as of late. He's a hell of a blocker. He's light years better than Walley. I just don't get it.
    Walley blocks like Shump runs... Maybe worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He could have and perhaps should have caught it, but it was a tough catch.

And I'm willing to let one play slide. He's already made a ton of great catches this year.
    No doubt. I'm willing to let it slide too. The kid is a playmaker and we have to find a way to get the ball in his hands more and more. Btw our coaches should tell every receiver we have that has a stupid towel hanging out the back of their pants to throw that crap in the garbage. I saw somebody get tackled from behind yesterday cause of the defender being able to grab that towel and I've seen dear get yanked down from behind in past games from it.

vCash
    Assuming we lose bear, does he go back out wide? Myles, dear, Thomas, and mixon will be in the slot while we could be thin out wide
    I'm worried we lose Ross. He has been dynamic and will certainly put his name in to be evaluated. My guess is that he will get a 2nd or 3rd round grade, he has been that good.

Ross has been our best WR all season, I'm not sure it's been close.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Wherever he plays, only Cameron Sims and Calvin Ridley will be as good a duo as Ross and Gray next year in the SEC. Gray is going to have a monster year. That guy is a beast.
    Cam Sims is a M effer, Smoot... Him and Foster getting hurt slowed us down a bunch...

I'm hoping these guys are in our WR corps next year:
    7 Cam Sims SO 6-5/209; Injured this year
    3 Calvin Ridley FR 6-1/188; really good
    13 ArDarius Stewart SO 6-1/204; solid #3 WR
    8 Robert Foster SO 6-2/194; Injured this year
    1 Chris Black JR 6-0/192; Injured this year

and I really believe Bammer has a great shot at AJ Brown.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    and I really believe Bammer has a great shot at AJ Brown.
    If bama gets AJ or Simmons, you're getting banned**

Really though, we cannot lose either of these 2 and consider recruiting a success this year. These 2 are in our backyard and have legitimate shots at starting for us next season... We CANNOT lose them

vCash
    Walley blocks like Shump runs... Maybe worse
    Walley's problem is he is soft. Line him up next to the O-line and you've got a bunch of tu-tu wearing pussies that might as well be making teddy bears at build-a-bear. Would love to have a dirty MF'er like Day

vCash
    I'm really disgusted with our personnel usage overall. I have no confidence that we will see our best WR group, even if Mixon is the second coming of Percy Harvin in college. Hell, I'm still praying that after this abortion of a running back situation, we will actually see Lee, Williams, Gibson, Murphy next year. I'm scared shitless that it will be another year of Holloway and Shumpert because the youngsters don't do as good a job at taking shits as the upperclassmen.

I felt like Jenkins looked better than Warren, Calhoun better than Desper....Aeris better than Holloway...Aeris better than Shumpert....Johnson better than Walley...Gray better than F Brown....JT Gray better than Z Jackson....Anybody better than Torrey Dale...Dear better than Myles (I like Gabe, but I think Dear is better & Mixon will be too)...and the list goes on, yet I didn't see any of the former playing over the latter.

I know it sounds bad, but I simply have no confidence in our coach playing the best players. Period. We could have Leonard ****ing Fournette on our bench and Mullen would still be playing Holloway and Shumpert. Just like we tried smashing Dak & Holloway between the tackles vs Bama. Everyone with a heartbeat and a brain knew we couldn't run on Bama...but we wasted 20+ plays yesterday trying to hammer that square peg thru that round hole. My confidence is shot that things will change. I just hope we luck up and our best players are just magically the oldest at their position next year.