Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Tiger by the tail edition

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread: Tiger by the tail edition

Since we're playing a Thursday night game, I decided to kick this week's off early. I'll likely have a good bourbon or 2 tonight

vCash
    I'm picking up shrimp on the way home from work for a little pre-game boil. I will probably regret the bourbon/beer tonight, come tomorrow morning.

vCash
    I'm holding out, trying decide if I'm going to get on the cold beers tonight. I tend to drink fast when watching us play.
    Too wet and rainy to grill, think I'm gonna do a Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta

vCash
    We did some last hour drinking at work today. Bourbons already sampled today: Jeffersons Very Small, Jeffersons Reserve, Blantons, Redbreast 15.

Needless to say, I will have a touch of the hangover tomorrow.

vCash
    My usual boiled shrimp picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    I'm picking up shrimp on the way home from work for a little pre-game boil. I will probably regret the bourbon/beer tonight, come tomorrow morning.

vCash
    Had a charter sour for the first half and I'm nursing a bulliet rye with a rock for a celebration cocktail.

vCash
    Fried chicken wings for dinner.
    Glen Morangie Lasanta for a smooth celebration dram.

vCash
    Speck isn't it great living where you can pick up fresh shrimp any night you want! I grabbed some at the fish market on the way home, seasoned with some Tony's then broiled quick, and thrown into a pot of tortellini, Alfredo, and broccoli. Being on the east coast and the late start, I avoided drinks so I could function at work.

vCash
    Absolutely. We boil shrimp about once per week, during the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    At least one letter this morning...

vCash
    Absolutely. We boil shrimp about once per week, during the season.
    We do too. I don't have to go to Waveland anymore now that there's a shrimp van close to the Broke Spoke.

Didn't do anything special last night but I'm going to do filet's, baked potatoe and grilled asparagus tomorrow night. We're going over to Gulfport tonight and are going to go to Blowfly Inn or Big Mikes Speakeasy. Haven't been to either but leaning towards Blowfly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    We do too. I don't have to go to Waveland anymore now that there's a shrimp van close to the Broke Spoke.

Didn't do anything special last night but I'm going to do filet's, baked potatoe and grilled asparagus tomorrow night. We're going over to Gulfport tonight and are going to go to Blowfly Inn or Big Mikes Speakeasy. Haven't been to either but leaning towards Blowfly.
    I haven't heard "the broke spoke" in some time. I was too young when I lived down there but I've always heard that was a favorite Favre watering hole. Was almost back that way but a house in D'head failed the home inspection.

Don't laugh at me when I say I had a salad for dinner and drank water. Tomorrow will probably be a little different.

vCash
    I'm not from the area, but my wife's family is and they all went to school with Favre. I went to the broke spoke with her dad once. Pretty much what I expected a bar in Kiln to be like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    I'm not from the area, but my wife's family is and they all went to school with Favre. I went to the broke spoke with her dad once. Pretty much what I expected a bar in Kiln to be like.
    I went to Hancock North Central elementary & Hancock middle before moving to Madison for high school. Talk about culture shock... The Favre worship was strong. The Broke Spoke is a perfect bar name

vCash
    I'm gonna walk you guys through a synthetic smoking process today. Before you scoff, understand that I love building a fire and doing it all day outside. That said, sometimes time is an issue. The bbq gods are going to strike me down for this one: the synthetic process yields a more consistent output.

First I rubbed assorted chicken with my 5 ingredient rub. Next it use a pan with grate that has water and liquid hickory smoke in the bottom. The liquid level needs to be under the grate. You don't want your meat sitting in liquid. Next cover pan with industrial plastic wrap and foil. Into an oven on 350 for 2 hours (ribs would be 4).

vCash
    Pulled from oven and unwrapped. You can either go straight to hot grill at this point or fridge for later grilling. Mine went to fridge until later tonight. Only thing you're doing on grill is bringing to temp and that puts a nice crust on meat. Add any dry seasoning or sauce you desire when on the grill.

vCash
    The meat just fell off the bone

vCash
    Damn, that looks great Beast. Thanks for the tips.

vCash
    Leftover chicken tonight but raided the cabinet and broke out the blender for strawberry margaritas. Make fun if you must.