Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So the Gunner Kiel deal is picking up steam...,

vCash

So the Gunner Kiel deal is picking up steam...,

I hate to start a story that's on another board....but several are saying our good buddy Rosebowl is reporting that MSU and Ole Miss are in his final 3. Not sure how that shit happens, but I have fallen for my last Steve Robertson lie. I am completely calling bullshit on him saying that Kiel has visited us and we are in his final 3. He also said that Kiel wants to "play for a team with a Senior QB", according to shotgundawg.

I didn't look to see if there was a long thread already on this, so feel free to lock it if need be.....but I wanted to get you guys' thoughts on Kiel, where he's going, and how he would help us IF somehow we got him to Starkville.

vCash
    We should have gotten him to visit the spring game. How you like that depth chart, gunner?

vCash
    I havent heard anything. Looking at our depth chart- it would be hard for him not to have us in his final two.

vCash
    If Dan can pull this off, he'd make up for some very shaky qb recruiting. Kiel was top qb in country year ago.

vCash
    Wonder what the Colonel Club thinks?

vCash
    If depth chart is his deal, then we should be in good shape. At this point I'm treating it as too good to be true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If depth chart is his deal, then we should be in good shape. At this point I'm treating it as too good to be true
    He'll probably decide by picking a hat. #screwedagain

Banned
    vCash
    I'll take him as Dak's backup. Hopefully Cord shows up and we wouldn't ever need him. Keeping him out of LaFAYette County would be worth it.

vCash
    We're installing some under center this spring and now going after another pro style qb. Is Dan having a change of offensive philosophy?

vCash
    I'd take him in a heartbeat but I will have to see this to believe it. NEVER hurts to add someone with his potential. If Dak and or Cord can make him ride the bench then all the better but get him in Starkville first then we'll find out.

vCash
    and mississippi state will be getting another new message board

vCash
    I've got a couple of good sources down in Starkville but haven't heard anything about already visiting.. Now if he is intrested in us and going by what kinda program he is looking I think we're a very good candidate. What I don't get is how OM got in the picture? But then again he did have that fifth star coming out of high school so it kinda makes sense for OM to go after him.

vCash
    Consensus #1 QB recruit in the country for 2012? Obviously we take him in a heartbeat if we can. If Dak beats him out, even better.

vCash
    It's no question we take him.. Just changes the offense back up again. If you want consistency then you have to figure out which kind of offense you want to run and stick with it and we haven't done that

vCash
    If we get him, it will be the first time a high profile football player has transferred to us. I'll believe it when I see it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    I'll take him as Dak's backup. Hopefully Cord shows up and we wouldn't ever need him. Keeping him out of LaFAYette County would be worth it.
    Will do you realize how talented of a QB Kiel is??? Watch some of his highlights from HS
    Dak is a solid QB but I'm not so sure he beats out Kiel as easy as you think.

vCash
    Kiel want cross the mississippi line>>>Tennessee it is........

vCash
    If Kiel has a big hat choosing production that is preceded by a huge buildup similar to a big movie release, then he is choosing the rebels.

vCash
    I hope so, maybe Dan is growing as a coach and realizes that the true spread offense is not going to work with TR at QB.
    If we don't put TR under center and use a FB, then we will be lucky to win 6 games next year.

Does anyone know how mobile of a QB Kiel is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    I hope so, maybe Dan is growing as a coach and realizes that the true spread offense is not going to work with TR at QB.
    If we don't put TR under center and use a FB, then we will be lucky to win 6 games next year.

Does anyone know how mobile of a QB Kiel is?

From what I've seen, which admittedly is not very much, he is slightly more mobile than Tyler is