Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observation

vCash

Observation

I watched replay of the Ky game and would like to say that was the most professional job by the announcers I have heard in a long time.

Kudos to Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer.

vCash
    Musburger is a HOF'er no-doubt But I like Palmer better because incorporates a lot of practice notes from spending the week with coaches and players. They are the best duo of a sub-par profession.
    Last edited by Leroy Jenkins; 10-27-2015 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    I watched replay of the Ky game and would like to say that was the most professional job by the announcers I have heard in a long time.

Except for the fact they jinxed Dak on his int, literally right after they mentioned his streak, the int occured

vCash
    I like Jesse Palmer ok, but Mussberger is just awful.

I firmly believe that one day the world will be shocked to learn that Mussburger has been actually broadcasting sober for all these years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post

I firmly believe that one day the world will be shocked to learn that Mussburger has been actually broadcasting sober for all these years.
    But Mussberger call the Heisman voter out on Dak. Twice!

vCash
    They were slobbing over Dak, Mullen, and MSU pretty hard. I'm sure Kentucky fans were absolutely hating it. It was almost weird to hear.

Also, Palmer has always been a fan of MSU and he seems to do our games a lot.
    Last edited by chef dixon; 10-27-2015 at 07:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by godlluB View Post

Cool thing. My son and I walked by Palmer when he was comming out of Barnes and Nobles and gave my 11 year old son a high five. Looked like he was in a hurry so I didn't ask for a photo of him and my son.

vCash
    Mussberger is AWFUL.

vCash
    Mussberger is almost unbearable with the cliches a lot of the time, but then again most of the older-generation guys are. And unlike said contemporaries of his, he seems to have his facts more or less straight and doesn't try to push an agenda too hard.

vCash
    The same thing happened to Wes Carrol I believe. I remember watching that game and going, well guys thanks for the jinx asshats.

vCash
    Musburger leans on the cliches pretty heavily but I don't mind him. He's decent and a very familiar voice - I've been listening to him for over 30 years.

vCash
    I thought they had done their homework.

vCash
    I started laughing out loud when he mentioned Katherine Webb as he was throwing the bad voodoo on Dak. You would have to think the producers were rolling their eyes in the trailer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Except for the fact they jinxed Dak on his int, literally right after they mentioned his streak, the int occured
    As well as Graves on the missed field goal

vCash
    Musburger > Uncle Vern

I'll take Musburger any day over Vern AND Gary. I hate watching CBS's SEC broadcasts.

vCash
    As annoying as Vern is, I don't really hold it against him because he's more or less senile at this point. I blame the CBS execs for not phasing him out already. Gary, on the other hand, can eat shit as far as I'm concerned after he gleefully called attention to Dak's limp for the rest of the game after he got tweaked against UK last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post

"And the highlight of tonight is that Dak Prescott through a INT after 289 attempts." - Brent M.

Really, Musburger? Dak scores 6 TDs and your highlight is that he threw an INT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    "And the highlight of tonight is that Dak Prescott through a INT after 289 attempts." - Brent M.

Really, Musburger? Dak scores 6 TDs and your highlight is that he threw an INT.

maybe he meant for UK?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chef dixon View Post
    Also, Palmer has always been a fan of MSU and he seems to do our games a lot.
    Agreed. He was also one of the very first people to start mentioning Dak as a Heisman candidate.

vCash
    I cringed when I heard who was calling the game..... it actually turned out ok
    cautiously optimistic