Thread: Interesting Fact mentioned on ESPN

vCash

Interesting Fact mentioned on ESPN

We have played the most freshmen of any SEC team besides Georgia. No agenda for mentioning this, just thought it was interesting. The more we play them, the better we look it seems

vCash
    Assuming fitz or staley work out, '17 is gonna be a special year

vCash
    We have some extremely talented young players right now.

QB Nick Fitzgerald
    QB Elijah Staley
    RB Aeris Williams
    RB Dontavian Lee
    WR Malik Dear
    TE Justin Johnson
    OL Deion Calhoun
    OL Ronald Cochran
    OL Egelton Jenkins

DL Braxton Hoyett
    DL Cory Thomas
    LB Gerri Green
    LB JT Gray
    DB Jamal Peters
    DB Mark McLaurin
    DB Brandon Bryant

And the team is red shirting the likes of Leo Lewis, Chris Stamps, and Fletcher Adams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxedOutMaroon View Post
    We have played the most freshmen of any SEC team besides Georgia. No agenda for mentioning this, just thought it was interesting. The more we play them, the better we look it seems
    Not possible. We only play jr and sr. I know I read it here!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    We have some extremely talented young players right now.

QB Nick Fitzgerald
    QB Elijah Staley
    RB Aeris Williams
    RB Dontavian Lee
    WR Malik Dear
    TE Justin Johnson
    OL Deion Calhoun
    OL Ronald Cochran
    OL Egelton Jenkins

DL Braxton Hoyett
    DL Cory Thomas
    LB Gerri Green
    LB JT Gray
    DB Jamal Peters
    DB Mark McLaurin
    DB Brandon Bryant

And the team is red shirting the likes of Leo Lewis, Chris Stamps, and Fletcher Adams.
    Mclaurin looked really good. And I like peters a lot too, especially when we use him in the place of the olb in what is similar to how ole miss uses Conner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We still start all juniors and seniors.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Once again someone missing the point. No one was saying we don't play freshmen. We said Lee and Dear and others need to play "more snaps" and get "the meaningful touches" some of the upper classmen (Shump) were getting. Playing one "Rudy-like" mop up snap counts as "playing". We said some of our younger guys should have been playing more from snap one in Hattiesburg. It has taken 7-8 games and injuries to get these guys in the games early and often that's what we have ever said.

Why do people continue to pick apart posts and focus on one aspect of it opposed to the entire point of a post or thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Once again someone missing the point. No one was saying we don't play freshmen. We said Lee and Dear and others need to play "more snaps" and get "the meaningful touches" some of the upper classmen (Shump) were getting. Playing one "Rudy-like" mop up snap counts as "playing". We said some of our younger guys should have been playing more from snap one in Hattiesburg. It has taken 7-8 games and injuries to get these guys in the games early and often that's what we have ever said.

Why do people continue to pick apart posts and focus on one aspect of it opposed to the entire point of a post or thought?
    Lee and Williams didn't really look any better than Shump against Kentucky

vCash
    Didn't see this thread when I posted this earlier...but take a look at 2017 as it stands right now, NOT counting recruits in 2016 & 2017 classes. I was pumped when I actually looked at every player that would still be here. I had forgotten several of these guys already...

Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    First off, I agree with Ifyouonlyknew that 2017 should not even be close to a worry right now, especially before this coming recruiting class is finalized. That being said, I wanted to really ease everyone's mind about 2017, by giving you a quick snap shot of what we will have in 2017 not counting the 2016 & 2017 recruiting classes (which will both likely have immediate impact players in them). So here you go, by position, your 2017 roster if we weren't to add anybody for the next two recruiting classes... (you're going to be pleasantly surprised).....

QB:
    Fitzgerald
    Staley
    Williams (maybe)
    Tiano

RB:
    A Williams
    D Lee
    N Gibson
    A Murphy

TE:
    J Johnson
    F Green

WR:
    D Gray
    G Myles
    M Dear
    D Thomas
    K Mixon
    J Spivey
    J Jackson

OL:
    E Jenkins
    D Calhoun
    M Rankin
    R Cochran
    H Moon
    D Williams
    M Story

DL:
    C Thomas
    B Hoyett
    K Joseph Jr
    F Adams
    A Mullins
    G Harris
    Kendall Jones

LB:
    G Green
    T Jung
    JT Gray
    Leo Lewis
    Dez Harris (Maybe)
    Tim Washington

DB:
    Smokey
    J Peters
    M McLaurin
    B Bryant
    C Rayford
    C Stamps
    M Smitherman

Potential Additions in next 2 classes:
    AJ Brown
    Jeff Simmons
    Kobe Jones
    D Jones
    Lashley
    Kylin Hill
    Cam Akers
    among many others on our board

Look at what we have just on the current depth chart. All of those guys will be either RS So., Juniors, or Seniors by then. That is one hell of a group that will be experienced. Throw in a few impact freshman and sophomores, and I am not in the least bit worried about that season right now.

Just wanted to give anybody looking forward some sense of what we'll have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Not completely true. But close. Anyway w the existing strategy, we are on our way to our 6th straight bowl. I know what's coming next, only had we played the BEST players we would have been better, yada, yada.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think that would probably be true for most college teams. Generally most teams start juniors and seniors. It's very rare a true freshman is ready to step right in and play. Dear has gotten a lot of pt and is progressively getting more as well as mclaurin and peters who by the way was playing 2a highschool ball last year. I think the jump from 2a ball to the sec is pretty significant. They are starting to get their snaps and we ha e brought them along and have put them in the best possible position to have early success and learn.

vCash
    Fact is, teams that are winning are starting jr and srfornthe most part,w a soph straggler here and there. A fr is an exception unless it's a case of an elite talent.

vCash
    CD, that made my sticker peck up
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lee and Williams didn't really look any better than Shump against Kentucky
    UK respected them as a threat. Whether that's because UK's D was being stupid or because they are actually more of a threat than Shump, I don't know, but that alone will make a huge difference for our offense.

vCash
    Not completely true. But close. Anyway w the existing strategy, we are on our way to our 6th straight bowl. I know what's coming next, only had we played the BEST players we would have been better, yada, yada.
    Is that not the truth? Mullen finally figured out our team this weekend, it took 8 games.