Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Hueganin on the MSU OL...

vCash

Mike Hueganin on the MSU OL...

"Their OL has been much better than I actually thought they'd be. They just don't have a Running Back they can depend on. If Robinson was back, MSU is likely 6-1 or 7-0."

If you care what a guy like Huganin thinks...that shoots a major hole in the "it doesn't matter the RB, it's ALL ON THE SHITTY OL!" crowd's theory.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I think it's a mix of both.

I think Robinson was absolutely worth 2 points against LSU, but probably not 13 points against A&M.

It's a mix. The OL was better last year, but this year's backs haven't taken full advantage of what the line has done.

vCash
    I think it's somewhere in the middle. Our OL certainly hasn't been as good as it has the past few years. And Shump has definitely underperformed when it comes to running the ball. He does great at protection, however.

vCash
    Mullen just asks if we know what day it is. Because everyday it's Shump Day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Mullen just asks if we know what day it is. Because everyday it's Shump Day!
    Shump Daaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!! Lol

vCash
    There is a reason DLee keeps getting positive yards and averages 7 ypc. Again- the OL is just fine when he runs it. Is it just coincidence each time they block better for him every time than they do the rest? **** no it's not. He hits the ******* holes and is a good RB. And Aeris is getting better too. Play them
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    There is a reason DLee keeps getting positive yards and averages 7 ypc. Again- the OL is just fine when he runs it. Is it just coincidence each time they block better for him every time than they do the rest? **** no it's not. He hits the ******* holes and is a good RB. And Aeris is getting better too. Play them
    Boom. Agree

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think Robinson was absolutely worth 2 points against LSU, but probably not 13 points against A&M.

It's a mix. The OL was better last year, but this year's backs haven't taken full advantage of what the line has done.
    LSU game: Shumpert misses tieing 2 point conversion

Tex A&M game: Shumpert missed a 1st down catch on 4th down in aggie territory and A williams fumbled in the red zone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think Robinson was probably worth close to 13 against A&M. That was where they were vulnerable plus I would assume he would have been less likely to have a costly turnover.

I think I and a lot of people underestimated just how many drives we would kill this year by dropping passes out of the backfield and getting 1 yd gains out of plays blocked well enough to be 4 yd gains. Our RB performance has been much worse than anybody expected, but even if it had been average, those differences add up over the course of a game.

vCash
    Shump didn't miss shit on those awful ass passes. He did a great job just to turn his body around to get a hand on the ball. He doesn't run the ball very well- but blaming those plays on him is stupid. The passes were AWFUL

Banned
    vCash
    Shump didn't miss shit on those awful ass passes. He did a great job just to turn his body around to get a hand on the ball. He doesn't run the ball very well- but blaming those plays on him is stupid. The passes were AWFUL
    Jrob would have made those plays was what I was insinuating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon_and_white View Post
    Jrob would have made those plays was what I was insinuating
    I'll just disagree. Prescott threw missiles at his inside shoulder while he was running to the left. One of the hardest catches in football.

vCash
    The o line blocks well for passing, and is getting better all the time. They as of yet do not block well in the running game. They are getting better at this too, but they had such a long way to go.

vCash
    I'll just disagree. Prescott threw missiles at his inside shoulder while he was running to the left. One of the hardest catches in football.
    Y'all know I don't always agree with 34 but he is spot on here.

vCash
    Shump's biggest problem is that this is enough to tackle him.

Banned
    vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Every former player that's been asked, has not only said "Shump shoulda caught em, despite the passes not being good", they also said, "Shump would tell you he's gotta make those plays too". - Wyatt & Hagaan

Bottom line, Shump shouldn't be asked to make those plays, bc he isn't an SEC RB. Blame Dak for not throwing good passes, but they were very catchable by an SEC RB. If anything, it may be on Dan for not having us an SEC back on the field in those spots.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 10-22-2015 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    My entire issue about the RB is this, if you go back and watch the spring game. I know its just a spring game and you cannot really take that much from a game like that, but just watch the running backs attitude in that game. How they accelerate into would be tacklers. Man they looked like punishing backs that would attempt to bulldoze someone for an extra yards. Each running back, AW, DL, and Shump all had multiple plays where they would hit another gear when the tackle was coming and they all fell forward for 2 more yards. That is what I am looking for. The hardnose mentality. I have only seen it twice this entire season, once by DL and once by AW. Time for an attitude adjustment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Every former player that's been asked, has not only said "Shump shoulda caught em, despite the passes not being good", they also said, "Shump would tell you he's gotta make those plays too". - Wyatt & Hagaan

Bottom line, Shump shouldn't be asked to make those plays, bc he isn't an SEC RB. Blame Dak for not throwing good passes, but they were very catchable by an SEC RB. If anything, it may be on Dan for not having us an SEC back on the field in those spots.
    I have watched that play at lest 4 times and he should have caught the ball. It was in his hand, he tripped but it was in his hands, he hit the ground and the ball came out of his hands, hit his chest, went back up to his hands, then the ball hit the ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    I have watched that play at lest 4 times and he should have caught the ball. It was in his hand, he tripped but it was in his hands, he hit the ground and the ball came out of his hands, hit his chest, went back up to his hands, then the ball hit the ground.
    The one against Lsu would have been a nice catch. The one against aggie should be routine for a sec rb. The problem is shump has the feet and flexibility of a sec full back.