Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Out

vCash

Black Out

So is everyone wearing black gear for the weekened? OHio State's blackout looked pretty good last week, because the stands were almost entirely blacked out. My opinion on it is this, if I have to put on a black shirt to get hype for the game, so be it. I want the toughest crowd mentality for this game. Something to rival Auburn last year or Arkansas on the fumble overtime game a few years ago.

vCash
    Black Ping pullover and may wear black pants as well. Our Strip out was a little lackluster though.

vCash
    I am wearing a Maroon T-Shirt with either and a Black NIKE Golf pull over warm up top or black Cutter and Buck pull over. Depending on the Temp.

vCash
    What's wrong with Maroon and White? Our colors do not include black! What's next? Orange, pink?????

vCash
    I haven't decided yet. Our colors are maroon and white. I just don't want to wear black anyway. Every time I have ever worn it to a game we lost. It's stupid I know but still.

vCash
    Nothing wrong with Maroon and White. Just giving us as a fanbase an opportunity to participate with a special color for one game. the59dawg has been requested by our football program to wear black as one of the most basic ways to support our players. Can you do it? Are you willing to wear a black shirt over your lucky maroon is all that matters shirt for one game? I know the sacrifice is hard, but let's try to think past our own personal wants, and sacrifice our wardrobe choice for the greater good of the team and atmosphere. It's time we stop discussing, what can our RB do, and start asking what as a fanbase we can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    What's wrong with Maroon and White? Our colors do not include black! What's next? Orange, pink?????
    I WILL NOT be wearing anything other than my usual white MSU shirt!

Junior Member FatDrunkandStupidDawg's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    I WILL NOT be wearing anything other than my usual white MSU shirt!
    That'll show em!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    It's Breast Cancer Awareness month. Nearly everyone uses pink in some form usually as accent at least for one game. Some for the whole month. Socks with pink is used a lot.

vCash
    Ya'll are f'ing terrible. Never seen so many people 'showing the man' by wanting to wear a different color. That's all.

vCash
    Breaking out my black hat for this one boys and girls.

"Shiny... Let's be bad guys."
    Last edited by BulldogBear; 10-21-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Very bad grammar
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Are you talking about the people that want to participate by wearing a different color as requested by our athletic department, or are you talking about the people that wants to wear a different color than black?

vCash
    This is why we can never have anything nice. Its one damn game and the ath. dept. has asked us to wear black in support of the football team. Put a damn black shirt on you 17'n geezers, they'll match your socks.

vCash
    Think Addidas has something like this?

vCash
    So.... I see some of the old geezers have showed up in this thread.

Here's why you should wear black:
    - It helps Mississippi State.
    - Recruits will be there and seeing a fan base united with enhance their experience.
    - If you purchase a black MSU shirt, MSU makes money.
    - It will look awesome in pictures, that will be shown to recruits for years.
    - 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't give a rats ass about tradition. They like flashy things, such as black outs near Halloween.

Does that cover it?

Also, we could continue to try to carry on the traditions of MSU. But, I, for one, would rather move into a new age of MSU. One that includes more winning. And if that means I have a buy an extra shirt, I'm all in.

vCash
    How does it help MSU if I wear black and we lose? . I already have a black shirt by the way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    How does it help MSU if I wear black and we lose? . I already have a black shirt by the way.
    It's called marketing. Every time that stadium is full and cohesive, it's a marketing opportunity. Whether you're marketing to a kid from Brooklyn, NY who has a sweet cross-over and jumper.... or some nerd from California who might start the next facebook... or some congressional representative who is about to vote on a bill that could fund a program at MSU that your kid signs up for... it helps to have a united fan base who gets behind ideas such as this and helps execute them.

It also helps inspire the team when the fan base unites behind them. This could be inspiration Aeris Williams needs for holding onto a ball inside the 5 yard line... or fumbling. Or for Richie Brown to not let go of that ankle until help arrives to bring Towles down. Or for Dak to stretch the defense with a long ball or two. So it all furthers the chances of winning.

vCash
    But we always lose when I wear black. The best marketing is winning! LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    So.... I see some of the old geezers have showed up in this thread.

Here's why you should wear black:
    - Recruits will be there and seeing a fan base united with enhance their experience.
    - If you purchase a black MSU shirt, MSU makes money.
    - It will look awesome in pictures, that will be shown to recruits for years.
    - 16, 17, and 18 year olds don't give a rats ass about tradition. They like flashy things, such as black outs near Halloween.

Does that cover it?

Also, we could continue to try to carry on the traditions of MSU. But, I, for one, would rather move into a new age of MSU. One that includes more winning. And if that means I have a buy an extra shirt, I'm all in.
    Exactly. We have some truly terrible fans. Bitching about wearing a black shirt because our colors are maroon and white. Wear a black shirt to help the university or stay at the ****ing house and wear whatever shirt you want pawpaw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    But we always lose when I wear black. The best marketing is winning! LOL.
    I wore a black MSU golf polo and have worn it during the Auburn and LaTech games this year. I also wore it last year for the aTm game.

You know this, but winning a game is not related to the shirt you wear.
    Last edited by missouridawg; 10-21-2015 at 10:01 AM.