Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyson Carter not visiting Ohio State

vCash

Tyson Carter not visiting Ohio State

Thoughts?

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    This 1 has been in the bag for a while. Whether he decides to take another visit or not. He's over on campus at practice almost every day.

Banned
    vCash
    Looks like good news for us. For those in the know, is Carter good enough to step in and replace Newman right away after he goes pro, or will he need a year to get acclimated? Also, is he expected to be a PG or a SG?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Looks like good news for us. For those in the know, is Carter good enough to step in and replace Newman right away after he goes pro, or will he need a year to get acclimated? Also, is he expected to be a PG or a SG?
    No he's not going to step in & replace Malik. He will provide outside shooting but definitely needs to add weight. He's a true combo guard can play the 1 or the 2. I wouldn't bet on anymore than 1 or 2 freshmen coming in & starting.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    This 1 has been in the bag for a while. Whether he decides to take another visit or not. He's over on campus at practice almost every day.
    Looks like I was wrong on Herard...I noticed he is up to 75% on us now, with the last prediction being made by Kansas guy...

vCash
    It appears we're about to find out what kind of teams we would have had under Stands if he had known how to coach, too. It's just gives me a warm tingly feeling to know we have a coach that is not only an elite recruiter but also knows how to design and execute a play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Looks like I was wrong on Herard...I noticed he is up to 75% on us now, with the last prediction being made by Kansas guy...
    Yea Kansas don't feel good at all about him going there. He's supposed to take 1 last visit but they haven't decided where yet. He's always said playing time was his biggest factor & that's why I always felt good about our chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    It appears we're about to find out what kind of teams we would have had under Stands if he had known how to coach, too. It's just gives me a warm tingly feeling to know we have a coach that is not only an elite recruiter but also knows how to design and execute a play.
    No disrespect but Stans was a really good recruiter. Howland is an elite recruiter.

vCash
    No disrespect but Stans was a really good recruiter. Howland is an elite recruiter.
    was about to say the same thing. If this pans out, it will be our best class ever. Stans did well, Howland is about to blow his recruiting away though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    was about to say the same thing. If this pans out, it will be our best class ever. Stans did well, Howland is about to blow his recruiting away though.
    #HowlandNetworks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
    Yep look at the guys that Howland has signed, committed, or heavily involved for

Malik Newman - Top 10 in 2015
    Aric Holman - Top 75 in 2016 & reclassified
    Lamar Peters - Top 100 in 2016
    Eli Wright - Top 125 in 2016
    Tyson Carter - Top 100 in 2016
    Mario Kegler - Top 40 in 2016
    Schnider Herard - Top 60 in 2016
    De'ron Davis - Top 50 in 2016
    Abdul Ado - Top 125 in 2016
    Garrison Brooks - Top 100 in 2017
    Nick Weatherspoon - Top 75 in 2017

This doesn't even include the 2018 class where Robert Woodard, Ladarius Marshall, Michael Barber, & Kenneth Nwuba are all guys we're heavily involved with that are all top 50-75 players.
    Last edited by Ifyouonlyknew; 10-16-2015 at 12:25 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't bet on anymore than 1 or 2 freshmen coming in & starting.
    We are losing our entire starting 5. It depends on who we sign, but I could see us starting 2 or 3 freshman.

vCash
    For y'all who know howland or have inside info, do you see him here long term or no?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We are losing our entire starting 5. It depends on who we sign, but I could see us starting 2 or 3 freshman.
    I expect IJ to start at PG with Peters being his understudy. I expect Q to start at the 2. Holman starts at the 4. Herard would start at the 5. That leaves a battle between Stapleton & Kegler at the 3. That would be 1 or 2 Freshmen in the starting lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    For y'all who know howland or have inside info, do you see him here long term or no?
    I don't see him leaving anytime soon. Where is he going to go? He's already had his dream job in UCLA. I think he's just glad to be back in coaching & he's energized about making MSU a power.

vCash
    Are we going after Michael Barber from Jackson?

vCash
    I don't see him leaving anytime soon. Where is he going to go? He's already had his dream job in UCLA. I think he's just glad to be back in coaching & he's energized about making MSU a power.
    Fantastic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Yes I typed Michael Porter & meant Barber in 1 of my previous post. I'll correct it.

vCash

And he really likes it here.

On top of that, he thinks he has a recruiting advantage here. You tell me how many coaches have ever thought that.

If we do our job and keep the arena full, there really is no limit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwater99 View Post
    Barber may have to decide on MAIS vs MHSAA vs Out of State