Thread: Running game

vCash

Running game

What do yall think is necessary or would make yall feel more comfortable about our running game going forward. What do yall want to see this weekend? More Malik, Williams, and Lee? Dak? At this point do yall see a running back that can step up this year? As for red zone scoring or lack there of, do yall feel it is a scheme problem? Lack of execution? Lack of physicality? or a little bit of everything. Do you think our coaches expected us to struggle as much running the ball with our backs? I really thought we would see someone emerge by this point.

vCash
    Better run blocking, particularly on the left side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgInMemphis View Post
    Better run blocking, particularly on the left side.
    Why don't we flip out tackles? Seems senior holds up a lot better than warren

vCash
    I hope we have a decent run game by Mizzou b/c that's their weakness. Keep Lock and his arm away from the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    I hope we have a decent run game by Mizzou b/c that's their weakness. Keep Lock and his arm away from the field.
    I gotta feeling lock is about to take a beating and lose some confidence tomorrow. Florida's pass rush and secondary are very good

vCash
    More Calhoun and Jenkins up front. Let's get them reps (even if Rufus can play).

More lee and Williams. Lee is obviously in the doghouse or doesn't know the playbook well enough (which would be absurd after 15 months on campus), but he has a high upside. Dear ain't moving to rb right now so just get him touches out of the slot on both handoffs and passes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I gotta feeling lock is about to take a beating and lose some confidence tomorrow. Florida's pass rush and secondary are very good
    I bet you're right too.

vCash
    After watching Shump completely blow up A&M's LBs on a couple of Daks runs. I wanna see more of that. Shump lead blocking for some of the other backs. He just murders people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrifice View Post
    After watching Shump completely blow up A&M's LBs on a couple of Daks runs. I wanna see more of that. Shump lead blocking for some of the other backs. He just murders people.
    I'd like to beef em up and use as te next season. I'd say h-back, but apparently that position is extinct.

Speaking of Shump... Did he run behind a FB in HS? I wonder if he just really struggles with running out of the gun

vCash
    Diamond Formation with Dak, Lee, and Holloway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Speaking of Shump... Did he run behind a FB in HS? I wonder if he just really struggles with running out of the gun
    Reminds me of watching Steven Jackson the last couple of years for the Falcons.

vCash
    I want to see us go to a two back set with Shump as the FB/H. That's his skill set. And since he's Mullen's favorite, it keeps him on the field while getting us a legit RB on the field in Lee/Williams. Ideally, I'd like to see us do more of what Auburn does in their run game and what we were doing in '09 & '10. But I don't think Mullen is comfortable with that, so it's all moot.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22