Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who is sleeping on the Louisiana Tech game this year...

vCash

Anyone who is sleeping on the Louisiana Tech game this year...

shouldn't be. We could easily have our hands full with them. They took Kansas State into overtime @KState and just beat Hud's bunch by 30. I'm very concerned with that game especially with a sleepy crowd 11:00 start time. I'm sure they will be fired up to beat Manny since he left them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    shouldn't be. We could easily have our hands full with them. They took Kansas State into overtime @KState and just beat Hud's bunch by 30. I'm very concerned with that game especially with a sleepy crowd 11:00 start time. I'm sure they will be fired up to beat Manny since he left them.
    I never sleep on them!! That said, while I think we should take them seriously, I think we will win although there may not be as much opportunity for "practicing" certain players. This is not the Croom error. One thing I can definitely say about Dan's tenure. We don't find a way to lose these games anymore. Croom lost a game like this annually. Even Jackie struggled in a ringer game every season and lost 3-4.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

Agreed and Driskell is playing really well for them. We'll have our hands full if we

don't come ready to play.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I'm sure Dan will have them ready to play against Troy and LA Tech. He coaches with a lot of fire against teams like NW LA State, Troy and LA Tech. Then he reverts back to his nonchalant coaching ways against the big schools.

vCash
    That game won't be as easy as many seem to think.

vCash
    Unfortunately Dan has a tendency to let teams like this hang around too long. I can easily see LaTech's offense go up and down the field on our defense pushing our bend don't break philosophy to the limit.

vCash
    Usm scores 40.2 a game and gives up 28.0 a game.

La tech scores 40.6 a game and gives up 25.2 a game.

Both cusa teams and both have played similar schedules. I think mullenss may be just as good as driskel.

We're at home. We should win by 2 scores easily

vCash

Yep, I agree and neither will any of the following "automatic w's"

as some here seem to think.

Kentucky - struggled with them last year and their defense looks improved from last year.
    Mizzou - Offensively have yet find an identity but it's in Columbia.
    Arkansas - Not a place where we've had much success. I just don't like this matchup and they'll be fighting for bowl eligibility as well.

We may win every single one of these but it won't be easy. I think they'll all be close games.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    He should be run out of town if he loses that game.

vCash
    We aren't going to lose this game shit...
    I get it we haven't played the way most here thought we would including me..
    But 3-2 after the first 5 was very possible and probable before the year started..

I feel really good about going forward.. Because of the way the defense has played..
    I believe the offense gets rolling like we thought it would and if the D holds and stays the course we are going to have good results...

vCash
    They've got a strong program. Can't comment on them this season since I haven't seen them play, but it doesn't surprise me when they beat or challenge name teams. They've been doing it since before the last time they beat us, a year in which I think they beat one or two other major conference teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Both cusa teams and both have played similar schedules. I think mullenss may be just as good as driskel.

a. USM is better now than when we played them. They have a TON of new guys on the roster this year so glad we got them early.

b. LT has a QB that has made the rounds in the SEC so he will know fully what to expect in an SEC environment.

c. As stated, I'm concerned that at 11:00 we won't have the home field advantage that you get in later games.

d. There are a lot of things that our football team 'should' do that they often don't do. We SHOULD have beaten LSU earlier this year. Heck,we should not have gone into OT with LT the last time we played them but we did.

Bottom line, I still fully expect us to win this game but it will likely not be the cake walk some on this board seem to think it will be.

Banned
    vCash
    I agree and have been saying this for weeks. Its highly likely we will struggle for 3 quarters and eventually pull away for a 10-14 point win. Worst case is a loss, but it could be anything in between. The way our offense has played up to this point, I see a blowout win as being next to impossible barring major inprovement over the next 2 weeks.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 10-07-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He should be run out of town if he loses that game.

Really? So he should have been fired in 2011 if La Tech hadn't missed that field goal late in the 4th quarter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    We aren't going to lose this game shit...
    I get it we haven't played the way most here thought we would including me..
    But 3-2 after the first 5 was very possible and probable before the year started..

I feel really good about going forward.. Because of the way the defense has played..
    I believe the offense gets rolling like we thought it would and if the D holds and stays the course we are going to have good results...

Agreed. Lost to two top 10 teams. Both of those games were ours to win had we played well the entire game and minus a few botched plays (I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, didn't). There is still a lot of promise to this season. I'm not necessarily happy with where we are right now, but I'm excited to see where we go from here.

vCash
    We won't lose to La Tech. No way. I'm more worried about Kentucky than La Tech.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    We don't lose when we are favored. We also almost never win when we aren't favored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We don't lose when we are favored. We also almost never win when we aren't favored.
    An exception being Auburn. Weren't we 2 point underdogs?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Voice of reason and logic are scarce on these boards. Just freak out that we're going to lose like everyone else. *************************************************

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NCDawg View Post
    An exception being Auburn. Weren't we 2 point underdogs?
    I think the key word was "almost"