Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 34 years ago in Pass Interference history

vCash

34 years ago in Pass Interference history

One reason of many to hate Ole Miss and referee Dick Pace.

http://youtu.be/DocxZM1lQEg

vCash
    The worst call in the history of football.

vCash
    Dick Pace and XenaReb in the refs lockerroom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugdog View Post
    The worst call in the history of football.
    Totally agree, despite the CL article the next day attempting to justify the call.

vCash
    **** that cheating mf'er. I'd piss on his grave if I knew where it was
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I was sitting about 10 rows up right above the play. I split my cowbell wide open on the bench in front of me. I've never seen a call that bad on any level. Given how many Friday nights I've spent watching Class 1A football in Mississippi that's saying something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I was sitting about 10 rows up right above the play. I split my cowbell wide open on the bench in front of me. I've never seen a call that bad on any level. Given how many Friday nights I've spent watching Class 1A football in Mississippi that's saying something.
    Yep, I was there too. I seem to recall The Reflector, or perhaps one of the other papers showing a shot of the INT with a caption that said, "Pass interference my #&$$".

vCash
    That was before I was born. Ive never seen or heard of that before, but that just made my stomach hurt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside Dawg View Post
    That was before I was born. Ive never seen or heard of that before

Lucky!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Given how many Friday nights I've spent watching Class 1A football in Mississippi that's saying something.
    Thats funny.

vCash
    That was before I was born. Ive never seen or heard of that before, but that just made my stomach hurt.
    And youtube queued up the Immaculate Deflection after that one.

Interwebs, I hate you today!

vCash
    [QUOTE=Bama_Dawg;417332]And youtube queued up the Immaculate Deflection after that one.

Interwebs, I hate you today![/QUOTE

I was present for both. Guess I've seen Dogs loose nearly every way imaginable.

vCash
    Made even worse when one considers that was 1 of 3 losses we should not have suffered that year. We should not have lost to USM or Bama either, as I recall.

USM game that year was the one we lost 6-7 in a game where we rolled up 500 yards of offense, and the only time they crossed midfield was on a fumbled punt recovery, I believe at our 12 yard line, which they cashed in for the sole TD. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot, despite dominating on the field.

Versus Bama, we had the ball inside the Bama 10 with seconds left on 3rd-down, thinking one try to win, then settle for tying FG and OT, but John Bond's pass was deflected at the LOS and intercepted. Game over.

The woulda, coulda, shoulda's that year were off-the-chart. A candidate for, "best team ever" IMO, but one that finished 8-4.

vCash
    Missouri beat us 14-3. You're right, that should have been our only loss in an SEC championship, 10-1 season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Made even worse when one considers that was 1 of 3 losses we should not have suffered that year. We should not have lost to USM or Bama either, as I recall.

USM game that year was the one we lost 6-7 in a game where we rolled up 500 yards of offense, and the only time they crossed midfield was on a fumbled punt recovery, I believe at our 12 yard line, which they cashed in for the sole TD. We just kept shooting ourselves in the foot, despite dominating on the field.

Versus Bama, we had the ball inside the Bama 10 with seconds left on 3rd-down, thinking one try to win, then settle for tying FG and OT, but John Bond's pass was deflected at the LOS and intercepted. Game over.

The woulda, coulda, shoulda's that year were off-the-chart. A candidate for, "best team ever" IMO, but one that finished 8-4.
    Wow, your bringing back memories, that was my Soph. year at State and I was all those games. We also beat Jim Kelly and Miami that year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
    Wow, your bringing back memories, that was my Soph. year at State and I was all those games. We also beat Jim Kelly and Miami that year.
    When MSU fans talk about being snake-bit, dead-Indians, etc, that season was probably the epitome of all that.

Impossible to have been through that as a fan and not come out scarred for life.

vCash
    My first Egg Bowl. Between that bullshit call, the walk through the TSUN side of the parking lot, and the slow drive through some Jackson neighborhoods getting out-----I learned to really despise those scumbags.

Bonus round- how many were at the State-TSUN basketball game that year when their cheerleaders ran that play on our court during a timeout?

vCash
    That was my freshman year.

vCash
    On the upside, we got to see four years of beating LSU and the first ever night game at Scott Field.

vCash
    i will forever maintain we had one of the best teams in the country that year, but hardly anybody knows it.