Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dak comments

vCash

Dak comments

He was asked about the play of the back ups.... his response was something like... "I'm just glad I got here before they did".

Just saying, we are going to be better next year.

vCash
    Nicky Fitz is a leader and a good runner,but Staley is an elite ELITE athlete. Left handed Cam.

vCash
    We're extremely lucky to have both of those guys.

vCash
    And Tiano may be better than them both on down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Just saying, we are going to be better next year.
    Holy crap, no.

Now, am I excited to see what we look like next year? Yes. We have a lot of good young talent that will have a chance to play, and we will see some really good things happen. But we're also likely going to be inconsistent, and we'll see some really sloppy play, too.

We're likely to lose Dak, Wilson, 2 OL, and possibly another WR on offense; and Chris Jones, Redmond, Ryan Brown, and possibly Nick James on defense. We're not going to be better next year. I do think we can remain competitive, though.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    2 yrs

vCash
    Next year will be a big drop off.

vCash
    Yeah- 2016 going to be a battle to stay out of the cellar. 2017 will be the next good year
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Not sold james is leaving. Adding Durr at Db and the JUCO dl along with the young guys we have I' think we could be deeper on both lines next year and in secondary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    2 yrs
    That, I can buy:

QB - Staley/Fitz as juniors
    RB - Shump (Sr)/ Williams (Jr)/ Lee (Jr)/ Kylin Hill? Cam Akers?/ Gibson
    WR - Donald Gray (if he doesn't leave after next year)/ AJ Brown/ Jesse Jackson/ Deddrick Thomas
    Slot - Myles/ Dear/Mixon
    TE - Justin Johnson
    OL - Rankin/ Lashley/ Calhoun/ Cochran/ Jenkins

DE - Joseph/ Mullins/ Simmons?/ Grant Harris
    DT - Cory Thomas/ Fletcher Adams/ Kobe Jones/ Hoyett
    LB - Gerri Green/ Leo Lewis/ JT Gray/ Washington/ Dez Harris
    CB - Graham/ Rayford/ Stamps/ Smitherman/ Knott?
    S - Peters/ McLaurin/ Bryant

That has the makings of a pretty beastly team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Not sold james is leaving. Adding Durr at Db and the JUCO dl along with the young guys we have I' think we could be deeper on both lines next year and in secondary
    I'm not sold on him leaving, but it's a distinct possibility. If he does leave, we will start something like Cory Thomas and Nelson Adams at DT with Fletcher Adams, Hoyett, and Kendell Jones as the backups. That's not awful, but I'm not sure that's deeper than what we have this year.

And we will lose Redmond and Calhoun. Yes, we could and probably should be better at safety...but I'm not sure what we'll look like at CB.

Banned
    vCash
    We may need to think about going to a 3-4 next year. Nick James at the Nose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    I'm not sold on him leaving, but it's a distinct possibility. If he does leave, we will start something like Cory Thomas and Nelson Adams at DT with Fletcher Adams, Hoyett, and Kendell Jones as the backups. That's not awful, but I'm not sure that's deeper than what we have this year.

And we will lose Redmond and Calhoun. Yes, we could and probably should be better at safety...but I'm not sure what we'll look like at CB.
    Durr maybe the best corner in JUCO this year. I think smokey has tremendous potential along with smitherman gives us some depth there next year. On DL we bring in JUCO trey brown and we reshirted a ton this year Mullins and Joseph. Could add Simmons as well
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 09-20-2015 at 01:19 PM.

vCash
    Not sold james is leaving.
    If his draft report comes back with him being drafted in any round- he is gone
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Who wants to book mark me on it. ???? I will eat my crow yo!

vCash
    For the record... some of you are contridicting yourselves. We should be playing g all these younger guys because they are ready and better, but then we have a drop off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    For the record... some of you are contridicting yourselves. We should be playing g all these younger guys because they are ready and better, but then we have a drop off?
    I assume you're not talking about me because I haven't been calling for the young guys to start playing more. I think what we saw yesterday was a product of really talented young guys playing Northwestern State. While cause for excitement about the future, it also shouldn't be used to judge what those guys would do against an SEC school.

vCash
    Durr maybe the best corner in JUCO this year. I think smokey has tremendous potential along with smitherman gives us some depth there next year. On DL we bring in JUCO trey brown and we reshirted a ton this year Mullins and Joseph. Could add Simmons as well
    I like all the corners you listed...but again, we lose Redmond and Calhoun. There's no way we'll be better at CB next year. You can say 'deeper,' but I'm not sure that's the case, either. If Smitherman playing vs. redshirting made a meaningful difference in the overall quality of our CBs, there's no way he would be redshirting right now.

And yes, we will have Mullins and Joseph and possibly Simmons playing. But I'm sorry, I don't think those guys are going to replace Chris Jones, Ryan Brown, and Nick James. Tre Brown is fine, but I don't see him being a difference-maker.

vCash
    I think/believe CDM has his complete system in place to keep msu humming along. By system, I mean player development and rs. We have a lot of people scratching their heads on some of these that are redshirting now. Leo Lewis, Molton...etc

I think he has his finger on the positions and knows what we are going to need and places those pieces in the system.

If our talent in waiting is better, and the development system is in place, we are creating massive talent to take over next yeat.

vCash
    I'm willing to say we will be far better on offense next year.