Thread: Weekend C&D Thread: Bounce Back Edition

vCash

Weekend C&D Thread: Bounce Back Edition

Last week was a tough one with the LSU loss but this weekend should be a bounce back week with plenty of other notable CFB games. I'm thinking about doing some snapper tomorrow night but that's all I have yet

vCash
    I am going to try and get in a few hours of dove hunting in the morning before we head to Starkville. Then it will be a long afternoon of drinking the Gridiron Blend Bourbon in the club.

Anyone else heading over?

vCash

Senior Member Prediction? Pain.'s Avatar
    vCash
    Drinking a negroni at the moment, and planning on doing some ribs tomorrow on the new Green Egg. (Yeah, I went ahead and bought the used one I mentioned a few months back. Turns out the dude had a boat load of accessories that made the deal too good to pass up.) Otherwise, just hanging out with the family, watching the game, and trying to keep up with our toddler.

vCash
    Enjoyed a Meantime London Stout outside of the London Tower earlier and working on a Wychwood Brewery HobGoblin now.

vCash
    While "listening" to the post game show:

Decided to make a bacon, pulled beef, jalape?o burger in the gridiron.

vCash
    Went to the seafood market 3 blocks from the house at the half and got some fresh Georgia white shrimp and some scallops. Blackened them, with a nice Caesar salad and a baked potato. Sippin' on an Abita Pecan Harvest.

vCash
    Had a Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA (crazy good) and now I'm getting my dinner ready. I crushed some pecans and added a little bit of flour. Dipped my snapper filets in egg wash and then the pecan flour.

vCash
    Finished product pic. Snapper went in a pan on high heat w/olive oil for 60 seconds per side. Finished in a 350 oven. Reduced some white wine and then added fresh crab claw meat, squeeze of lemon, and organic green onion. Reduced heat and slowly incorporated European butter so it wouldn't separate. Spooned sauce over fish. Side was angel hair that was lightly tossed in European butter and Parmesan cheese.

vCash
    That looks great Beast.

vCash
    The fam slept in, so this morning I whipped up some homemade biscuits, fried some sausage patties, and threw some scallops my wife didn't eat into an omelette. With a nice fat cup of coffee. Good way to start a lazy Sunday![IMG][/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeckleDawg View Post
    Enjoyed a Meantime London Stout outside of the London Tower earlier and working on a Wychwood Brewery HobGoblin now.

I love HobGoblin. I probably spent 300 quid just on those the month I was there. If you get a chance, try and find the "Goblin King" version. It's the best.