Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Detillier on how well Dak Prescott played in the 2nd half

vCash

Mike Detillier on how well Dak Prescott played in the 2nd half

Mike Detillier on Prescott from the pocket.

PODCAST: http://*******/1eXbfjL
    Out of Bounds Radio App w/PODCAST: http://*******/1l69XZN

Tom Luginbill (Monday) called Prescott's play from the pocket "exceptional".

Bo Bounds
    Host, The Out of Bounds Show
    ESPN 105.9 The Zone
    thezone1059.com
    Twitter: @bobounds
    Jackson, MS

vCash
    He did. 52 passes at 66% completion... That's great. His progressions... Great. The issue is it won't win US a lot of games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    He did. 52 passes at 66% completion... That's great. His progressions... Great. The issue is it won't win US a lot of games.
    This. He needs a 66% completion rate while still getting 60-100 yards rushing a game. This would be a near unstoppable offense.

vCash
    it would have won this game if our Coach could think in the heat of the moment. if you are in a hurry up and the defense is reeling don't slow down to let your WRs catch their breathe. Kick the damn Fg and LSU is a beat ass.

vCash
    Sorry, until the sec becomes the big 12/10 we have to be able to run.

vCash
    Someone needs to run, it doesn't have to be Dak. We have to have some sort of running game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    it would have won this game if our Coach could think in the heat of the moment. if you are in a hurry up and the defense is reeling don't slow down to let your WRs catch their breathe. Kick the damn Fg and LSU is a beat ass.
    Or... how about just sub at the deepest postion we have.

vCash
    Sorry, until the sec becomes the big 12/10 we have to be able to run.
    well if we had kept trying to run we would have never had a chance to win. if your strength is your WRs and a QB who can read the defense and distribute the ball then you would be foolish to try and run. Also it seems our OL can pass protect better than run block. We have to do what we do best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    well if we had kept trying to run we would have never had a chance to win. if your strength is your WRs and a QB who can read the defense and distribute the ball then you would be foolish to try and run. Also it seems our OL can pass protect better than run block. We have to do what we do best.
    Until we prove we can run the ball, I want to be pass heavy with wr screens, rb screens, and jet sweeps as extensions to our running game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Until we prove we can run the ball, I want to be pass heavy with wr screens, rb screens, and jet sweeps as extensions to our running game
    now you have figured out what our offense will be, Dak on the trigger with our talent at receiving taking over.

vCash
    yes, and I know alot of people want to see a roll out run pass option but with a spy on Dak it won't make a ton of difference. In the LSU game last year they had no backers in the middle of the field and we had a fairly talented interior o line making it easy to create a hole or down block to create a seam. Once we were in the second and third level there was nothing to be done. This year they usually had a couple guys in there. If we start rolling Dak out it cuts down on the amount of field we have to play with and in my opinion( I could be wrong) takes away from our advantage of being deep at the WR position and spreading the secondary out/distributing to our athletes in space. If this is not the case please correct me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    This. He needs a 66% completion rate while still getting 60-100 yards rushing a game. This would be a near unstoppable offense.
    You get it. I wish Dan would soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    yes, and I know alot of people want to see a roll out run pass option but with a spy on Dak it won't make a ton of difference. In the LSU game last year they had no backers in the middle of the field and we had a fairly talented interior o line making it easy to create a hole or down block to create a seam. Once we were in the second and third level there was nothing to be done. This year they usually had a couple guys in there. If we start rolling Dak out it cuts down on the amount of field we have to play with and in my opinion( I could be wrong) takes away from our advantage of being deep at the WR position and spreading the secondary out/distributing to our athletes in space. If this is not the case please correct me.
    We can be pass first and still run the ball and be balanced. I know a lot of people disagree with that because of how they grew up in football and I respect that.

vCash
    Good QBs can pass and move the ball between the 20s. Great QBs get it done in the red zone. Unfortunately, without a threat of a running game... Dak isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Or... how about just sub at the deepest postion we have.

Subbing allows lsu to catch their breath and sub. The D is always at a disadvantage in a HUNH situation because it takes a lot more energy to chase someone than it does to get where you know you are going.

vCash

Football 101: You pass more when you are playing from behind. You run more when

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Subbing allows lsu to catch their breath and sub. The D is always at a disadvantage in a HUNH situation because it takes a lot more energy to chase someone than it does to get where you know you are going.
    playing with a lead. If we grab the lead early last Saturday and are able to establish the running game then the stats look a lot different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pilldawg View Post
    playing with a lead. If we grab the lead early last Saturday and are able to establish the running game then the stats look a lot different.

Did I say something counter to that, captain obvious?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Did I say something counter to that, captain obvious?
    Sorry man. Responding to the thread in general and didn't mean to pull your quote.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We can be pass first and still run the ball and be balanced. I know a lot of people disagree with that because of how they grew up in football and I respect that.
    Yes, you can. If we had come out throwing the ball and hopped in the lead, we could have gone up tempo and run the ball in the 2nd half.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Yes, you can. If we had come out throwing the ball and hopped in the lead, we could have gone up tempo and run the ball in the 2nd half.
    This^

Everyone knew Steele and Company were going to be prepared to try and shut down Dak's legs. So we should have come out and taken advantage of our WR talent and gone air raid down the field. Quick score would have opened up our run game AND taken away their ability to just run, run, run if they were playing from behind.

Considering our opponent, the game was lost when we failed to do shit on our first 2-3 series, in my opinion.