Thread: Vandy up 3 against WKU in third quarter

vCash

Vandy up 3 against WKU in third quarter

Specifically, Vandy 3 WKU 0....
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Specifically, Vandy 3 WKU 0....
    Does Mason make it to the end of the season if they lose tonight? or Does Vandy care?

vCash
    Idk how any vanderbilt fan can watch this and think that they are gonna turn it around with Mason at the helm
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I'm enjoying their misery.

vCash
    Good. I wagered my last 10 vcash on Dores
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    They're pitching a shut out so it isn't all bad. Gonna be tough to beat an sec team 10-7 though... They've gotta figure out a way to score

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They're pitching a shut out so it isn't all bad. Gonna be tough to beat an sec team 10-7 though... They've gotta figure out a way to score
    No way they win an SEC game this season
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They're pitching a shut out against WKU... not exactly a sportscenter worthy statistic..
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Western Kentucky is one of the best offensive teams in the G5. Their QB led the NCAA in passing yards last year. This is an outstanding performance from Vandy's defense, which makes sense, as Mason's Stanford defenses were always very strong.

He's got a long way to go to get to Franklin-level success though.

vCash
    They're pitching a shut out against WKU... not exactly a sportscenter worthy statistic..
    Wku was #6 in the country in scoring offense last year with 44.4 a game. They returned their senior qb. Not sure who else

vCash
    Vandy isn't an ounce different than last year. I knew they wouldn't be. Mason will be removed later in the year.

vCash
    Great job taking into consideration the level of competition that WKU typically faces. Bravo guys
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Is this what watching our offense used to be like? I'm spoiled now

vCash
    Great job taking into consideration the level of competition that WKU typically faces. Bravo guys
    It shows that 2015 Vandy is way better than the typical Conference USA defense. That's a considerable improvement from last year, when they got beat 37-7 by 6-6 Temple and got lucky to beat 3-9 UMass 34-31.

It looks like they still suck offensively, but from the evidence we have so far, they are going to be a better team thanks to a much-improved defense. We'll see over the next few weeks if it holds up, or if the offense can get it going.

vCash
    WKU 7 Vandy 3
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Western Kentucky is one of the best offensive teams in the G5. Their QB led the NCAA in passing yards last year. This is an outstanding performance from Vandy's defense, which makes sense, as Mason's Stanford defenses were always very strong.

He's got a long way to go to get to Franklin-level success though.
    This is what I was thinking. I haven't made it in from work yet, but if Vandy D has held WKU scoreless through 3 qtrs, I have to believe they are improved. WKU scored at will last year.

vCash
    We had a common opponent with wku last year. We scored 47 vs uab. Wku scored 39.

I'm not saying wku is an offensive powerhouse or that vandy's defense will be the '85 bears. I'm just saying this has been a good defensive effort.

vCash
    Hell of a stat from Andre Ware: Vandy has just 3 points from 4 trips to the red zone tonight. FG, 2 INTs, Missed FG. And WKU about to make it 14-6. This is an offensive performance by Vandy that would make Crxxm proud.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Mason is worse than croom ever thought of being. He has no clue and has been in over his head since day 1. I have been trying to think of the last SEC coach this bad.

Banned
    vCash
    any body just catch that jersey grab on the vandy defender as he was heading towards the wku QB? the vandy defender had blown by the O-lineman who turned around and grabbed the vandy defender's jersey for a good 3-4 seconds as he was actually chasing the vandy defender. no call. pass completion inside the vandy 10 was the result. no comment by any announcer. no bitching by the vandy coach. wow.