Thread: It's time to drop your side team

vCash

It's time to drop your side team

In the wake of the Ashley Madison hack and revelation a lot of people will be receiving ultimatums to drop their side chicks/d!cks or else.

It's time for Mississippi State fans to drop their side teams too. For years State fans have found it necessary to be good SEC fans that pulled for the conference when we were out of contention. However, last year we found out that the love was not reciprocated when we were on top and in playoff contention. Fans of pereniel good teams do not cheer for other teams for any reason. I know a lot of us cheer for Bama, LSU, auburn, etc on the side. Stop it! Misssissippi State is at level that our players and coaches deserve your unadulterated allegiance. We don't need a side chick anymore because all your loving in at home now.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    In the wake of the Ashley Madison hack and revelation a lot of people will be receiving ultimatums to drop their side chicks/d!cks or else.

It's time for Mississippi State fans to drop their side teams too. For years State fans have found it necessary to be good SEC fans that pulled for the conference when we were out of contention. However, last year we found out that the love was not reciprocated when we were on top and in playoff contention. Fans of pereniel good teams do not cheer for other teams for any reason. I know a lot of us cheer for Bama, LSU, auburn, etc on the side. Stop it! Misssissippi State is at level that our players and coaches deserve your unadulterated allegiance. We don't need a side chick anymore because all your loving in at home now.
    Yes! The best thing that can happen in my opinion is for everyone to beat each other up. I understand that winning national championships is what made the SEC what it is today, but it doesn't really help MSU.....just more that we have to compete with. The SEC will always be respected due to the tradition and rabidness of the fan bases.

I think it's an ego issue. People want to pretend like they don't care when we lose.

I do admit that I have a side team that I enjoy watching - Notre Dame. Never really affected MSU at all though.

vCash
    The only side team I have is the team that I put money on to cover, or any team playing Ole Miss or Bama.
    Come on mane

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

I still get athletic department emails from both Bama and Ole Miss. I must have bought tickets from them at one point. I hope the OM AD department email list doesn't become public.

vCash
    My take is that IF you are TRULY a die hard fan, you will root for ANY situation that enhances the success of YOUR team...

If it helps MSU if UA, AU or OM prevail in a particular instance, ya gotta try.... heck, at least pretend, dammit...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm pulling for the SEC in the key OOC matchups. Otherwise the committee may think it's nothing special when we start knocking them off, one by one.

vCash
    Huh? I don't ever root for Alabama, Auburn, or LSU. I don't know what you mean by 'side team,' but it sounds dumb.

vCash
    I use to be partial to A&M but then they joined the SEC and, well, that was the end of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    Yes! The best thing that can happen in my opinion is for everyone to beat each other up. I understand that winning national championships is what made the SEC what it is today, but it doesn't really help MSU.....just more that we have to compete with. The SEC will always be respected due to the tradition and rabidness of the fan bases.

I think it's an ego issue. People want to pretend like they don't care when we lose.

I do admit that I have a side team that I enjoy watching - Notre Dame. Never really affected MSU at all though.
    What the sec is today absolutely helps msu. $$$$$

If we were playing oh st in the finals last year, 90% of fans of sec teams would have been pulling for us. The other 10% are haters and/or northern miss fans.

vCash
    I only have enough room in my heart for one team. 17 everyone else.

vCash
    I have no "side teams" in college football. 17 em all.

There are 3 groups of SEC teams.
    1. MSU
    2. Teams I loathe (Ole Miss, Alabama)
    3. Teams I loathe slightly less.
    Leicester Till I Die

Banned
    vCash
    Yeah I always root for the SEC, other than the Bears, when they play key OOC games. Other than that, I want the west favorites to lose each week against the rest of the SEC.

vCash
    LSU's, Auburn's and the SEC's rep helped us leapfrog FSU last year.

I've got no sentimental feelings towards any other SEC team. But I pull for the SEC a lot of times in OOC matchups. I don't pull for any team in conference games, I just pull against whoever stands in our way. Of course I pull against OM unless it helps us directly for them to beat somebody, and that's a tough one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    LSU's, Auburn's and the SEC's rep helped us leapfrog FSU last year.

I've got no sentimental feelings towards any other SEC team. But I pull for the SEC a lot of times in OOC matchups. I don't pull for any team in conference games, I just pull against whoever stands in our way. Of course I pull against OM unless it helps us directly for them to beat somebody, and that's a tough one.
    This is the way to do it
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedawg View Post
    There are 3 groups of SEC teams.
    1. MSU
    2. Teams I loathe (Ole Miss, Alabama)
    3. Teams I loathe slightly less.

vCash
    I grew up a rabid UGA fan and most of my friends are UGA fans. I still followed them when I was at State because a friend of mine was their QB. They were my side team until October 21, 2006. Boobie had just scored Between the Hedges, and we get the ball back late and are driving down by 3. A long time family friend, and my ride to Athens that day turns to me and says - "Y'all ****ing score and you're walking back to Marietta." We get inside the 30 and she starts pouring it on, "No way we are loosing to a Croom coached team..." starts dropping n-bombs, gets in my face, still threatening to leave me in Athens and I just sit there dumbfounded. This woman is in her late 50s, is a respected community leader and real estate agent in my hometown, and I have known her all my life. I hadn't said a thing the whole trip about us winning - shit we were 2-5 and had lost to Tulane. Thank God Mike Hennig threw that interception because I seriously think she would have left me in Athens that day.

I haven't pulled for any side team since.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What the sec is today absolutely helps msu. $$$$$

If we were playing oh st in the finals last year, 90% of fans of sec teams would have been pulling for us. The other 10% are haters and/or northern miss fans.
    Depends on what your goal is, making money or winning a national championship. Because the former is obviously getting easier but the latter is becoming more elusive by the year.

vCash
    Drop that pro crap also. This thread is all about shying away from that. NFL.. whatever... ditch it.
    Get full in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    Depends on what your goal is, making money or winning a national championship. Because the former is obviously getting easier but the latter is becoming more elusive by the year.
    We are closer now to winning a natty than ever before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I only have enough room in my heart for one team. 17 everyone else.
    This..all day, erry day