Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shumpert showing out early

vCash

Shumpert showing out early

I'm telling y'all, you're jumping the gun if you think D Lee overtakes Shumpert this year. Shumpert is going to have a big season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm telling y'all, you're jumping the gun if you think D Lee overtakes Shumpert this year. Shumpert is going to have a big season.
    Any specifics??

Banned
    vCash
    I think Shunpert is very good. D Lee reminds me a ton of Vick Ballard. He will be a BEAST.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    100% agree. Shumpert is an extremely hard worker and came on towards the end of the season. It's always funny to hear and read people annoiting guys who've never played a game. Shumpert is not chopped liver, the guy is legit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    Any specifics??
    He ran by some guys in shorts and shirts today and didn't get tackled during a no-contact drill.

vCash
    I honestly don't care which one becomes a stud as long as one of them does. I've never understood the inclination a lot of fans have to pump up one of or own players at the expense of another. I love the potential of Shumpert, Williams, and Lee. I trust at least one of them will break out and be very good.

vCash
    We're always looking for the next big game breaker.

Not sure this means anyone here doesn't have the highest hopes for Shump. Personally, I'd love it of he gained 1200 yards and 20 touchdowns. I just want the other guys getting snaps to get 800 yards and 8-10 TDs. Throw in some scores from Dak and we have the best running game in the SEC.

I think we're loaded at RB. Just open those holes and let these guys get a head of steam going.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    He ran by some guys in shorts and shirts today and didn't get tackled during a no-contact drill.
    /

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Shump will be the #1 RB & it won't be close.

vCash
    I saw Shumpert, Williams, and Lee play in high school. The thing that impressed about Shumpert showed up more on defense, he loved to bring the lumber. Williams was probably the most explosive of the three. The thing about Lee was he was just relentless. To me there was nothing that just jumped up and said sure fire SEC but they certainly all had qualities that said they could be that if they put in the work. I'll qualify all of that by saying I only saw each of them play once. Given how we develop players I would expect at the very least one of them to be a very good back in the SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Well there you go. Next topic.

vCash
    Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally. hopefully he does a better job of it now that he has a chance to be the man. He has great hands, is a blocking machine, knows the offense very well, and plays with max effort.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The thing I want to see from Shumpert is field vision. He needs to look for space as a RB and find it rather than always trying to find someone to run over.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally. hopefully he does a better job of it now that he has a chance to be the man. He has great hands, is a blocking machine, knows the offense very well, and plays with max effort.
    He runs too upright and he stalls at the line of scrimmage instead of just bursting forward. Unless he's going to suddenly be able to instantly read the field he's going to have tons of 1-2 yard carries. I hope I'm wrong but I've got visions of frustrations with Shumpert. He has all the talent in the world but his mechanics are very poor. I want to see a lot of Lee and Williams.

vCash
    Shumpert ' s running style changed at State because that's what they wanted to see from a young bigger back to counter the scat backs we had at the time. He was not a bowing ball rather a slide and side step back in highschool. He's now returning to that form yet he's adding power to his game. He could be a Marshawn Lynch style back.

vCash
    I saw some preview the other day and they said Holloway was the likely starter at RB and he was the only RB they mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Shump's only minus is finding the hole naturally.
    A little time at a sorority should take care of that.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    I've heard great things about Nick Gibson

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Shump last 5 games last year. 33 car 232 yards 7.03 ypc 2 tds

vCash
    Yes, best overall back. Yes, he will get the most snaps. He's not going to leave our fans screaming he's a heisman candidate though. He doesn't make people miss and his vision is beyond awful. He will lead us in rushing by a running back- but not by much.