Thread: According to SDS, only "irrational" MSU fans would argue we will finish last in West.

vCash

According to SDS, only "irrational" MSU fans would argue we will finish last in West.

edited: I don't think my title makes sense. Should read "only irrational MSU fans would argue we will NOT finish last in the West. Sorry, can't edit title.

In an "article" titled "10 Things We Learned About the SEC West" there is this gem under #2:

2. The program that finishes last in the SEC West probably will be shocked.

The media slotted Mississippi State seventh in its preseason poll, and while I?m sure there are a few rational Bulldogs fans who aren?t going to argue that projection, the majority responded by yelling ?WE STILL HAVE DAK PRESCOTT? repeatedly. Texas A&M and a healthy portion of the Arkansas fan base don?t expect to win the division, but last place? To borrow from Chad Johnson: child, please. We should see at least one shellshocked fan base, and maybe even a team or two that falls flat once they?re out of the race.

vCash
    It will be another 'Cinderella' season. That's what the media wants to set up. If we do somehow suck then they can stick their chests out about being right for once.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    If we suck and go 6-6 then the media does a I told ya so. But, if we go 9-3 or 10-2 then we get the media talking about Dan Mullen must surely want to leave Starkville cause he's done all he can do.

vCash
    Lsu game is gonna be a big dose of reality for someone. Hope it isn't us...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    True. Although we could pimp slap LSU ten ways from Sunday and the meme would be:

LSU is down.
    LSU lost to many juniors.
    Man, that Miles really is an idiot.
    Kevin Steel was a bad hire for Les.
    Cameron isn't the offensive guru everyone thought he was.

It will never be because Mississippi State is "good".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    ^^ This

If we lose that game, my expectations for wins will drop from the 9-10 range to the 6-7 range.

vCash
    My fear, is pointing to the thread about D-Line. There is understandable nervousness about our lack of depth there and in this league as we saw last year with a good, deep D-line you will go very far. Now I'm not saying we don't have good depth there, we just have question marks up front on the D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanDority View Post
    My fear, is pointing to the thread about D-Line. There is understandable nervousness about our lack of depth there and in this league as we saw last year with a good, deep D-line you will go very far. Now I'm not saying we don't have good depth there, we just have question marks up front on the D.
    I don't see the Dline as being a problem. I think we have depth, but the depth is young. They will catch up quickly.

vCash
    Better your depth be young as opposed to your starters.

We were picked 5th last year and finished 2nd. They never get us right or properly evaluate us because they look at Crootin stars so hard
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-03-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Remember when everyone said LSU wouldn't win a game vs the West last year after we beat them? Remember the main fan base saying it? Remember who LSU beat? One school in MS is usually over-ranked, and the other always has to prove itself worthy. I'll take my chances with #15.

vCash
    Seriously, has there ever been a bigger disconnect between MSU football fan expectations and media expectations? I mean I normally think that MSU fans are more realistic than most about how our team should perform. Seems like if we are going to suck we normally expect to suck. Of course everything is relative and most of us don't keep up in detail with everything everyone else in the SEC has going on but its just hard for me to fathom that most of us think we will have one of the best teams in our history but yet we end up finishing last in the SEC West because everyone else is SO good.

vCash
    LSU is coming into a very hostile environment without a proven QB, against a Manny led defense and a line that's going to be all about stopping the run first.

Can't wait to see the betting line on this game.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    State wins SEC West

vCash
    After their ridiculous article a few days ago....unlike. I can't recall one interesting or intelligent article from those guys.

vCash
    I learn so much about our team when I watch these pre-season college football shows. Just saw on ESPNU's College Football Daily that we will have no defense this year. Who knew?
    Last edited by maroonmania; 08-04-2015 at 09:10 AM.

vCash

Bingo ..

Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    It will be another 'Cinderella' season. That's what the media wants to set up. If we do somehow suck then they can stick their chests out about being right for once.
    SEC West is so loaded that a couple of REALLY good teams are going to have 6 or 7 win seasons. Every west team has to play the other west teams .. and we are going to kill each other. It does kinda suck to be in a Division where even the bottom team is a Top 20 team.

With Bama & LSU being less strong .. we feel like we have as good a chance to elevate our record .. BUT every SEC West team & fans feel the same way. Hogs, A&M, Auburn & OM fans ALL think they will be better. Someone is going to get their feelings hurt.

Make no mistake .. the WAR starts early this year .. we need to win the first battle on 12 Sep.
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"

vCash
    I should put SDS in as a banned word.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    I should put SDS in as a banned word.
    Just make it where when anyone types SDS it gets changed to "17stick"
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!