Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash

Premier League Preview Thread

With the 2015/2016 Barclay's Premier League season beginning Saturday, it's that time again to start discussing our teams. I know that we didn't do a redraft, but we can go ahead and discuss some teams.

Leicester City Foxes

After the greatest escape from relegation in Premier League history, the Foxes sacked Manager Nigel Pearson after a sex scandal in Thailand during a tournament that involved Pearson's son. In response, the Leicester City owners hired former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri to take the helm of the second-year Premier League club.

The one man that we probably couldn't have afforded to lose in Cambiasso has been lost, sadly. He was our bald-headed energy from last season, that we are all sad to see leave the Leicester City squad.

Honestly, I see the Foxes having to battle for their lives from Relegation this season. We start off against a home match against Sunderland.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I require a redraft ASAP, as my team, the Hull City Tigers, was relegated due to copious injuries.

vCash
    A re-draft should be done. Unless someone just wants to keep their team from last season.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I take my team seriously and have since the early 90s so I don't want to be drafted. I'm not sure what to expect from Liverpool to be honest. There are a ton of new boys and it's starting to look like we may not be through in the market yet. We have addressed needs on paper for sure but given how the transfers worked out last year I'll wait to see them in Red on a competitive pitch before I get my hopes up. Rogers better hope they work out. I'm also going to be pulling hard for Norwich City this season after my experience in Norwich this summer. If I had to predict a Top 4 right now I'd say City, Chelski, Man U, and Arsenal in that order. If one of those slips either Tottenham or Liverpool. Relegation: Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham. Norwich survives.....just
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 08-03-2015 at 07:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    I require a redraft ASAP, as my team, the Hull City Tigers, was relegated due to copious injuries.
    THIS.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    So who all would want a redraft and who would not want to be included. Obviously, those who were relegated would like a redraft.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Some guy with no life simulated 1000 English seasons with Football Manager 2015. The results are entertaining. Be sure and click on the results link in the article

http://blog.foxsoccer.com/post/12587...otball-manager

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    So who all would want a redraft and who would not want to be included. Obviously, those who were relegated would like a redraft.
    Id like a redraft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I take my team seriously and have since the early 90s so I don't want to be drafted. I'm not sure what to expect from Liverpool to be honest. There are a ton of new boys and it's starting to look like we may not be through in the market yet. We have addressed needs on paper for sure but given how the transfers worked out last year I'll wait to see them in Red on a competitive pitch before I get my hopes up. Rogers better hope they work out. I'm also going to be pulling hard for Norwich City this season after my experience in Norwich this summer. If I had to predict a Top 4 right now I'd say City, Chelski, Man U, and Arsenal in that order. If one of those slips either Tottenham or Liverpool. Relegation: Bournemouth, Watford, West Ham. Norwich survives.....just
    West Ham getting relegated right before they move into the Olympic Stadium? That would be a catastrophe for them.

vCash
    Looks like there's barely anyone with interest right now. So tell you what....I'll trust y'all to just pick your own teams since we have so little interest in it.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Looks like there's barely anyone with interest right now. So tell you what....I'll trust y'all to just pick your own teams since we have so little interest in it.
    Only because it's on this forum. We can all choose our own, that's cool with me...but if the Braves can have a running thread on the main board, so should the Premier League IMO. But I have very little pull

vCash
    Look forward to getting up at 6:00 to watch United and Tottenham. Still think United needs another CB and a winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Only because it's on this forum. We can all choose our own, that's cool with me...but if the Braves can have a running thread on the main board, so should the Premier League IMO. But I have very little pull
    I agree too...that's just wrong of them, in my opinion. Premier League is a glorious thing....but I guess it doesn't fit the fancy of C34
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Bournemouth stadium = awesome!

vCash
    The camera position facing into the sun sucks however.

vCash
    Leicester City out to a dramatic start of the Raineri era. Halftime in King Power Stadium sees the Foxes up to a 3-0 lead over visiting Sunderland. An opening goal by England national team member Jamie Vardy gave the Foxes the early advantage, Mahrez then followed up with two more (including a PK) to push the ledger to 3-0 before the half.

Let's see what the second half has in store for us, shall we?
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Still trying to decide who I'm going to follow. Planning to give Man City, Chelsea, and Arsenal a chance to win my loyalty. DVR'd Spurs-Man U and watching it now. Tottenham will get a chance, too. Speaking of the Hotspur, does anyone know what they decided to do with Yedlin? He wasn't sure himself as of the Gold Cup a couple weeks ago. Never heard if they sent him out on loan or decided they'd try to play him. Either way, I hope he'll be playing a wide-mid/winger going forward. He looked damn good in that role in international action since the World Cup last year.

Watched some of Norwich-Crystal Palace. Had to leave the room for a couple minutes and when I came back it had gone from a 0-0 tie to a 0-2 lead for Crystal Palace. Bournemouth and Aston Villa couldn't hold my attention, thus firing up the DVR until Chelsea starts.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Leicester City had a lesser half in the last 45' than during the first, giving up two goals to Sunderland. However, between the two Sunderland goals, Marc Albrighton provided a security goal and the match ended with a 4-2 ledger and Leicester City is tied for the Premiership lead.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I didn't get up in time to see the 17'ng Mancs and Spurs........intentionally. After 9am I flipped back and forth between Bournemouth and Norwich, my 2nd favorites forever after visiting Norwich for three nights this spring during the playoffs. Bournemouth should have won their game. Norwich SCORED an equalizer that would have made it 2-2 that was unbelievably disallowed. It might have still ended 2-3 instead of 1-3 but that call was BOGUS. The Reds play while I'm at church tomorrow. From what I can tell it's on tape delay tomorrow evening here. If we win I'll watch it.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 08-08-2015 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Can't wait to watch Benteke's official Liverpool debut today. Once Firminio is fully fit that new look attack will be awesome. Hopefully Clyne can bring some stability to the back.