Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many dog fans do you think will be in Hattiesburg?

vCash

How many dog fans do you think will be in Hattiesburg?

I'm sure USM will try to buy up as many tickets as possible to limit the MSU attendance.

vCash
    MM Roberts Stadium seats 36,000 people, so it stands to reason that there will be 35,990 MSU fans in attendance

vCash
    We will have 20-25K there, easy;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    MM Roberts Stadium seats 36,000 people, so it stands to reason that there will be 35,990 MSU fans in attendance
    You forgot SRO - that should add another 1,000 or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    I'm sure USM will try to buy up as many tickets as possible to limit the MSU attendance.
    Actually plenty of season tickets left. State fans welcome to buy them. $120 upper deck. Already cheaper than stubhub. Just call their ticket office. They're desperate for sales. That's what I did months ago. $240 for two seats is a steal considering what I'm used to. A co-worker is an Golden Beagle so we bought two. Going to the MSU game together and then he's taking the two tickets for UTSA and UTEP and I'm taking the two tickets for ODU and North Texas so I can add to those two to my quest to see all FBS play in my lifetime. We play on the road both of those weekends anyway!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    I doubt they'll really try that. They'll just be happy to have the money. Lots of USM fans with tickets will probably be inviting state fans to the game. If there are fans that are hardcore enough to want to spend money to make sure state fans don't go (and actually have the money to make a sizeable dent), I assure you that the USM AD would tell them they have much higher priorities that they could use that money for.

vCash
    A friend of mine is a USM alumni who couldn't care less about football but his kid is a State fan and wants to go to the game. He told me when he called the ticket office last week they told him they were not selling single game tickets until right up until the game and then it will be just their fans. My friend did as BulldogBear did and bought season tickets. USM is counting on State fans buying season tickets so they can bump up their season ticket sales.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Winner!
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    A friend of mine is a USM alumni who couldn't care less about football but his kid is a State fan and wants to go to the game. He told me when he called the ticket office last week they told him they were not selling single game tickets until right up until the game and then it will be just their fans. My friend did as BulldogBear did and bought season tickets. USM is counting on State fans buying season tickets so they can bump up their season ticket sales.
    I heard on H2H that the USM folks wanting single seats were buying them through the MSU ticket office because USM was only offering season tickets to take advantage of their only BIG game .... Thanks a lot USM admin **
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    I think we'll have at least 10,000. Wouldn't be surprised if half of the stadium was maroon though.

vCash
    Still think scheduling them a waste and certainly not worth giving them home games in H'burg. With the time slot and the Hardy St High location of "The Rock", we'll probably not even cover our travel costs. Times have changed and both athletic programs with it. Remind me again whose great idea this was and when does it end on our schedule? When I was a boy, wasn't even a good idea. We played our SEC schedule and they only had to get up for us and UM, and get up they did. One yr they beat us about 50 points even though we had the Johny Cooks teams and had a really great year otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I expect a repeat of last yr's game, but I would rather play a more interesting opponent from a Power 5 conference if they would play us. Won't surprise me if its not even a hard sellout.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    I'm taking the two tickets for ODU and North Texas so I can add to those two to my quest to see all FBS play in my lifetime.
    I am curious to know how far along you are to reaching this goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    I am curious to know how far along you are to reaching this goal.
    50. 49 without UAB and then 50 when I added them back!!!!!

All the details are on my profile in the about me tab. Right now, it's just see everybody play. If I have enough money when I retire, I might upgrade to trying to hit each FBS stadium. Even if I can't I plan to see Dawgs play at every SEC stadium.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    This is why we should never play those 17ers again.

vCash
    I'll be there with 3 other Bulldogs!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'll be there with 3 other Bulldogs!
    ><><><>~>~>~~>~

Surely we will have more than four fans there! This is sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog316 View Post
    ><><><>~>~>~~>~

Surely we will have more than four fans there! This is sad.
    If that's the case we'll have 2 more than them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ray Valentine View Post
    If that's the case we'll have 2 more than them
    Wait, I thought they had 10 fans. If so, we just need 7 more fans at the game to outnumber them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Remind me again whose great idea this was and when does it end on our schedule?
    Pretty sure it was Keenum that made this series happen. Before he arrived I had personally heard Greg Byrne say when he first became AD that we would not play them. Early in Keenum's tenure the series was announced and Byrne was still AD at the time. I'm not sure dynamics behind it, but Keenum is a smart dude and knows how politics work with a lot of his career spent in Washington DC . I believe Phil Bryant, USM Alum, was Lt. Gov. at the time. You can connect the dots and it's not too big of a leap to reach a conclusion that we were getting in the future governor's good graces.

Keep in mind that at that point in time USM was still winning a lot of games. Now they are in the same lot as Alcorn and JSU such that when we need an opponent we should put all the names in a hat and pull one out. However, we should never play them in Hattiesburg again unless we get a 2 for 1 deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    50. 49 without UAB and then 50 when I added them back!!!!!

All the details are on my profile in the about me tab. Right now, it's just see everybody play. If I have enough money when I retire, I might upgrade to trying to hit each FBS stadium. Even if I can't I plan to see Dawgs play at every SEC stadium.
    Pretty awesome goal, but what's an FBS and how many of them are there?