Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are getting baseball tickets?

Banned
    vCash

How many of you are getting baseball tickets?

I'm a previous lifer. Please make me feel better for writing a check for $600 by next week. I know some of you are doing it because they are selling about 100 a day now.

vCash
    Here.

Never considered otherwise.

vCash
    I am buying. They are replacing the lifers that are complaining 2 for 1.

$600 is about as cheap as you can ask for to improve our program. I personally think they should be charging triple that. The program is bigger than any fan and we need a new stadium. Dnf is a dump. This is from a family of lifers who are all MORE than happy to give up our seats for a new stadium.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces High View Post
    I am buying. They are replacing the lifers that are complaining 2 for 1.

$600 is about as cheap as you can ask for to improve our program. I personally think they should be charging triple that. The program is bigger than any fan and we need a new stadium. Dnf is a dump. This is from a family of lifers who are all MORE than happy to give up our seats for a new stadium.
    I agree. Don't mistake me for complaining, like the typical lifer from Columbus is doing. I'm just a cheapskate and I live a little over 2 hours away, so it's tough to justify the higher price when I know I can't make all games. If I don't buy, I'm more than happy to give up my seats for people who are willing to pay. Trust me, I am definitely a 'What's Best For The Program' guy.

I'm curious about what the GA part of the new stadium will be like. Will I be able to get tickets whenever I want (with the obvious exception of postseason and SBW, which will always be packed)?

vCash
    Buying here, but pissed about not having a trailer in left field lounge. It has been there since 1987.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Where are ya'll getting $600 from?

vCash
    2 seat 300 each by July 31...same again when they turn dirt... same again at completion.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    Buying here, but pissed about not having a trailer in left field lounge. It has been there since 1987.
    Are you not getting your spot in lfl though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Howboutdemdogs View Post
    I think it kind of odd we're still making promos with the LFL when we're getting rid of it. And yes, we are getting rid of it. The LFL is the trailers and home made stands. And this is from someone with no dog in the fight. I've never been in the LFL. I just hate to see it go. It's one of the things that made a MSU baseball game unique.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    I think it kind of odd we're still making promos with the LFL when we're getting rid of it. And yes, we are getting rid of it. The LFL is the trailers and home made stands. And this is from someone with no dog in the fight. I've never been in the LFL. I just hate to see it go. It's one of the things that made a MSU baseball game unique.
    Those trailers and stands are no more the left field lounge than the concrete behind the plate is Dudy Noble Field.

The people are what makes LFL. They stay. They get significant input on modifications and personalization of their spot. What we are doing now is no less unique in the baseball world. Just better. And it secures the future out there.

vCash
    BS.

vCash
    Sacred rust and rotten wood!11!

What specifically makes the current setup better than the upcoming one? Go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Sacred rust and rotten wood!11!

What specifically makes the current setup better than the upcoming one? Go.
    Because they're unique. They represent the personalities of the people that built them and sit in them. They're not generic concrete bleachers with a grill mounted on them. They're a one of a kind tradition in all of baseball. When people think of MSU baseball the LFL with the homemade stands, tiki lounge, and smoke blowing over the outfield is what they think of. Opposing players getting fed over the fence and visiting fans getting invited out there to eat. I just think a lot of that charm and uniqueness will be lost with the current plans. Everything else about the new stadium I love. Just wish they hadn't touched the lounge.

Banned
    vCash
    Renewed mine

vCash
    Last edited by dawgoneyall; 07-25-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    On top of all that, I don't think many people realize how many architectural design sacrifices would have to be made to the new stadium blue prints to keep the LFL as it is now. Two of my favorite things about the new stadium are the open concourse that fully encircles the playing field and the Left Field Lofts. Neither would be possible if the LFL was kept as is. The concourse would have to be low enough in the outfield to allow trailer access and therefore would provide no view of the field. And the area where the Lofts would be built is currently occupied by lounge spots. Everybody is talking about the safety issues causing the phase out. While that certainly may have been a consideration, I think there was just no way to work the lounge spots into a cohesive stadium design that fit what Janet Marie Smith and the architecture firm wanted to do. The end result would be a piece meal stadium of old and new that has no flow.

At the end of the day, you don't tell one of the finest stadium architects in the world (who also happens to be an alumnus) to go back to the drawing board with her design because you don't want to piss off a few old codgers that don't want to lose their dirt cheap spots. I will also admit that the LFL won't be as organic as it once was, but that is a small price to pay for a stadium that as a whole is the most fan friendly for the largest number of people. That is what we will have and anyone who isn't on board will be replaced by those who are.

vCash
    What makes a da Vinci better than a digital picture?

vCash

Is a great value

Am renewing my 4 original seats and adding 2 club level. Am pumped. All we need now is a championship team to put butts in the seats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Because they're unique.
    What we're building has never been done before either. Add in the lofts, 360* concourse, and the new stadium is in reality more unique than the old one.

They represent the personalities of the people that built them and sit in them.
    And every lounge owner is being allowed to personalize their spots in a bunch of ways individually.

They're not generic concrete bleachers with a grill mounted on them.
    Link me to that being what we're doing? The only thing "generic" about it is the height requirements -- which was always going to be a thing to allow for a 360* concourse. Even if the lounges had stayed, that modification was going to be necessitated. People are going to be able to modify their spots however the heck they want.

They're a one of a kind tradition in all of baseball.
    So is the new ones.

When people think of MSU baseball the LFL with the homemade stands, tiki lounge
    So move to deer camp instead of living in generic, cookie cutter homes. The brainwashing of our fanbase in regards to LFL rivals anything coming from the Grooooveeeee. People have convinced themselves that rusty metal and wood is what makes the lfl great. It isn't. The people are what make it great.

and smoke blowing over the outfield is what they think of. Opposing players getting fed over the fence and visiting fans getting invited out there to eat.
    This is going to go away?

I just think a lot of that charm and uniqueness will be lost with the current plans. Everything else about the new stadium I love. Just wish they hadn't touched the lounge.
    And then you can't have lofts. Can't have a 360* concourse. Can't have a real student section. Can't monetize the rigs. Etc... "Not touching the lounges" is crazy. It's been changing for 45 years. But people are up in arms because we suddenly want to make a lot of progress at once?

People would rather bury the tradition altogether -- than modify it a little bit to protect it for the future. I'll never understand nor be able to reason with this school of thought. Yeah, I know -- Nothing has eVaR happened on a home made rig!1! It just takes once to end it all. 85-90% of those things would fail a true safety inspection. Just because a worst case scenario hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't and won't. Just a matter of time.

Banned
    vCash
    This argument does not matter if more people are willing to buy the new spots, than there are spots to be had. At that point, the old guard's viewpoint will be irrelevant. If the new spots do not sell out, we have problems. Pointless argument, no one's mind is going to change, so it will be decided by money.

I suspect we'll all know the verdict by the fall.