Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend C&D Thread: It's Hot as Hell Edition

vCash

Weekend C&D Thread: It's Hot as Hell Edition

The weekend is here gents. Any summertime cocktails in the works for the weekend?

vCash
    Wife has drill so the girl and I are hanging indoors. It is all elk this weekend: grinding some elk burger, as I am out, and probably smoking up some elk ribs. I have two loads of white peaches to make jam out of, so that will take up Sunday afternoon.

On the cocktail side, I have been looking for a reason to pick up a new rye whiskey assortment, and I think I have found it: the Blackberry Smash.

vCash
    Light beer for me. Going to be outside all weekend celebrating my last weekend as a single man. Probably won't be having a whole lot of food, just beer, BC powder, Tums and Pedialyte.

vCash
    Knocked out a quick grill of shrimp marinated in Worcester sauce and Tony C's with fresh zucchini and rice pilaf. Sipping my fake mint julep - Bulleit with limeade and mint.

vCash
    Yes it is hot as hell. Cold beer and ridiculous amounts of food at the Neshoba County Fair all weekend. Boiling 40lbs of shrimp tomorrow.

Banned
    vCash
    Man I have not done the Fair in years, probably since 2002. Sort of grew out of the partying stage, but sitting around at the cabin, drinking cold beer, and cooking shit sounds pretty damn good.

Wonder how much those cabins are going for these days?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Star View Post
    Man I have not done the Fair in years, probably since 2002. Sort of grew out of the partying stage, but sitting around at the cabin, drinking cold beer, and cooking shit sounds pretty damn good.

Wonder how much those cabins are going for these days?
    6 figures

vCash
    Hotter than Hell, for sure. The clay up here in Lowndes County is cracking so bad, you'd break your ankle if you stepped off into one....Anyway, I smoked a deer "football" roast. I think it's a Sirloin roast by proper nomenclature. I did brine it for ~20 hours (I add salt to water until it taste like seawater, that's it). I smoked it relatively quickly, around 1.5 hours, Indirect on my Weber Kettle, with some hickory chips thrown in. Took it off when the internal temp hit 135, wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven. It's been there for an hour now. I'll pull it out in another our or so and work it through the slicer. I'm going to make thin deli-like slices for my lunch sandwiches next week. We'll see if it makes it that far. I'll post pics when I get to that step...

Oh yeah, I rubbed it with olive oil then Conecuh Pork-poultry-wild game seasoning.

Last edited by jbjones; 07-25-2015 at 03:30 PM.

vCash
    It's good. Very good. It's sweet, so the ladies will like it, and has the ability to sneak up on you. I am doing another after this with white peaches and Four Roses Small Batch.

Edit: made the white peach version and it is better. Needed a bit more kick, so went w the barrel strength 4R. Will try with basil instead of mint next.

Last edited by SapperDawg; 07-25-2015 at 05:10 PM.

vCash
    Home run, as far as I'm concerned. First time I've done this, and yes, I will be doing this with every deer that I harvest. Damnation...Moist...smoky..

Had some nice au-jus.

Plenty of slices and some other pieces:

vCash
    We actually had a front move through last night and it has been a "comfortable" 90 today. Decided it was a good night to head out and hear my daughter's boyfriends band playing at a great marshside hangout. Dining on lobster nachos, and duck egg rolls with a mojito.

That's "the boyfriend" on guitar. Yes, I know, teenage daughter dating a guitar player - I am doomed...

vCash
    Favorite desert of the summer: grilled white peach w marscapone cheese and honey.

vCash

Grilled...........

salmon, grilled corn on the cob, grilled stuffed jalapeno and banana peppers, black eyed peas cooked with smoked sausage, and Pugliese bread. Started it off with some twice baked rye bread and Vermont cheddar cheese. Initial drinks were Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA and Old Rasputin beer. We had Acrobat Oregon Pinot Noir with dinner. I'm having a Spaten Optimator right now. I might have a splash of Jameson Irish Whiskey before I retire. Life could be worse.

vCash
    Now you're just showin' off!!!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Homemade chili cheese tater tots here.

vCash
    Fried some fish tonight along with redfish on the half shell and a smoked trout dip. Deer sausage app

Banned
    vCash
    Thread = WIN

vCash
    Awesome thread tonight guys- enjoyed reading it.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Went fishing this morning then came back and grilled some hamburgers with the FIL. now watching the lsu Bama game from last year

vCash
    Peach, honey, vanilla jam batch one complete.